Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New beta android app (game)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Berlin is infection free.

Some ideas OP (I haven't read through the full thread so they may have been suggested already);

1. What if survivors who have a close call with an infected, (ie they get in range of the infected but the guy who is infected doesn't open the app during that time) get more resilient - they're considered a stronger survivor. So if a zombie does try to attack them, they have a chance of fighting off the zombie.

2. You could "hide" supplies in different parts of the map, and a survivor can click to search. This could be weaponry or defenses - defenses could mean they can ward off a zombie attack for a period of time, weaponry means they can shotgun blast some zombies off the map :cool:

3. Two survivors in close range of each other have a better chance of killing one zombie, so a zombie has to take a risk if he wants to pick on closely located survivors. You could scale this up for more zombies/more survivors.

4. Award badges for different achievements. The longest crawl (a zombie infecting someone miles away from where they were first infected). The longest escape (a survivor travelling the furthest distance before being infected. Ryanair anyone? :D ). Zombie killer - someone who killed the most zombies. Most hungry - the most infectious zombie. etc etc...I'm sure there are loads you could do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

There's a survivor in Tashkent, Uzbekistan. Might organise a trip there to infect him just to piss him off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭allen175

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Stop moving MacBot so I can get you!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

draffodx wrote: »
    Stop moving MacBot so I can get you!!!!!

I saw him near frederick St last night and was going to have him for breakfast but he was gone this morning!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

Poor DickieRock.. the only survivor in Dublin city centre. The capital has been overrun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Pimp Ninja wrote: »
    Poor DickieRock.. the only survivor in Dublin city centre. The capital has been overrun.

Planning to get him soon enough.
    Where I am he just escapes me, I can go across the road soon and get him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

You guys are having all of the fun! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭SilverFox261

Four wrote: »
    It must suck if there's no one around you for miles and miles... Lol at that 1 guy in hawaii :D

Don't mock the Hawaii guy! He is primed to set up a real life Dead Island! :D

Was bed-bound all week so I missed out on a few infections! Game seems to be holding up well with all of the XDA influx too!

• Advertisement

@theblacknight, can I ask what your using server side to hold the data? Is it an sql database?

PM me if you like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 206 ✭✭theblacknight

draffodx wrote: »
    @theblacknight, can I ask what your using server side to hold the data? Is it an sql database?

PM me if you like.

The back-end is php and mysql, hosted on digi-web. I like to keep things open :)

Feeling much better now, on account of eating l3m0n5's BRAINS. Walk *away* from zombies folks, *away*.

Heading into galway city now, let's see how I exit it!

Martron wrote: »
    you should be hoping there is less people hiding now that your a ZOMBIE!!
    You could have at least rang the doorbell and invited yourself in for a coffee to go with my brains.... :)

Ste- wrote: »
    Planning to get him soon enough.
    Where I am he just escapes me, I can go across the road soon and get him!

Somebody just had some brains....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

You could have at least rang the doorbell and invited yourself in for a coffee to go with my brains.... :)

It was. only a flying visit . I will pick your brain some other time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭l3m0n5

baz8080 wrote: »
    Feeling much better now, on account of eating l3m0n5's BRAINS. Walk *away* from zombies folks, *away*.

Aw Sh!t, looks like I just got the munchies:D

Ste- wrote: »
    I saw him near frederick St last night and was going to have him for breakfast but he was gone this morning!

Got him! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,880 ✭✭✭budgemook

just tried to install it again after wiping my galaxy s. It fails to install, unknown reason - 18

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

We just put up the website for this http://www.outbreakza.com

Check it out and let us know any comments you may have. Obviously this is just the start and there is a lot more info (stats, etc..) to be added. Theres a link to the facebook and twitter accounts (and of course this thread ;)) if you'd like to 'like' and follow us to spread the word.

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

mu haha just got some dude at clearwater a drive by :D

i want to play again

I got to Galway and was in the area of Heepie but like a ninja, I hid.

Then in Supermacs on the Headford Rd, Matthew nearly got me but I hid.

:cool:

I did a presentation for college and hid from zombies today. I know which one is more rewarding...hiding from zombies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

There's no hide option for me. Desire HD running cm7.

• Advertisement

seanybiker wrote: »
    There's no hide option for me. Desire HD running cm7.

Hide option is only available to survivors, who have a zombie within range. Although soon survivors will be able to fight back! No more hiding :D

Hide option is only available to survivors, who have a zombie within range. Although soon survivors will be able to fight back! No more hiding :D
    Ah right I see. Silly me. Fair play to ya man. The game is going crazy. Got an email earlier and it was in top 10 games of the week for that site

Ah right I see. Silly me. Fair play to ya man. The game is going crazy. Got an email earlier and it was in top 10 games of the week for that site

Yeh? That's cool, what site was that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

I liked the facebook page, but it posts a youtube video in your profile. I just "unliked" it to get rid of it. I don't mind liking it, but i don't want some random youtube vid in my profile!

Paparazzo wrote: »
    I liked the facebook page, but it posts a youtube video in your profile. I just "unliked" it to get rid of it. I don't mind liking it, but i don't want some random youtube vid in my profile!

Understood, a tribute to my favourite band, who just broke up, that song was in Shaun of the Dead.

• Advertisement

Yeh? That's cool, what site was that?

Crap I got rid of the email and get remember which site it was.

Crap I got rid of the email and get remember which site it was.

This is pretty cool :D

This is pretty cool :D
    class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

over 4000 now!!!!! this is growing by the hour, fair play bro:D

Was passing the airport this afternoon .. Had me some Saeglopur brains for lunch !!

Nyom Nyom Nyom :-D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Colonel Clink

budgemook wrote: »
    just tried to install it again after wiping my galaxy s. It fails to install, unknown reason - 18
    Had this same problem on my desire. The fix I found was to unmount my sd card.
    Is that error happening for all apps you try to update or download on your sd?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

Was passing the airport this afternoon .. Had me some Saeglopur brains for lunch !!

Nyom Nyom Nyom :-D

saw him there for the last few days....... wsa thinking i should go get him. used up enough petrol last few days.

Haha one poor chap in Iceland on his own. Thing is really taking off though. The Irish build half the world then go infect everyone woo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

About 500-600 new users so far today, this is really taking off, time to take a weeks holidays from work m8, make the full version. Needs more features

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Sorry if these are stupid questions but am I correct in saying there's pretty much nothing to do for someone not infected other than look at the map?
    What do infected folks get to do - is it just about driving around trying to get in range of non-infected people?

• Advertisement

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Sorry if these are stupid questions but am I correct in saying there's pretty much nothing to do for someone not infected other than look at the map?
    What do infected folks get to do - is it just about driving around trying to get in range of non-infected people?

If your not infected you stay away from infected people. If you are infected then you go get the clean people. Pretty straight forward. Then come on here and laugh at the person you infected

Andrew76 wrote: »

Working on an update which will let the humans fight back, should turn into a full on war, will have it up as soon as I can.

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    About 500-600 new users so far today, this is really taking off, time to take a weeks holidays from work m8, make the full version. Needs more features

Won't be able to take a few weeks off work, but spending as much time as I can on getting the new version done, was up until 4 yesterday morning working on it .. coming soon.. in the mean time, spread the word, more players the better, see here for twitter/facebook pages to follow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭allen175

Ahhh I got infected! Damn you whoever you are!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Blackdragon

Who is the infected person just outside of Cork city? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Just got me some brains on my way out of Limerick this evening :D

Thankfully in a real zombie apocalypse they won't be able to use cars or public transport. I infected two people on Saturday as I was whizzing by (as a passenger!) at 100kph :)

you probably know this already.

I wiped my phone the other day and reinstalled this app. I'm clean now but there is also an infected version of me still in the game.

cooperguy wrote: »
    Just got me some brains on my way out of Limerick this evening :D

I'll put money on it that it's me.

I was close enough to you last night when I checked!

EDIT: No you didn't get me! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,602 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

How does someone infect you? There are two zombies within my blue circle, but nothing happening yet. Do they have to click on you or anything?

Advertisement