Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spot on cat's belly

• 18-03-2011 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Hi I was rubbing my male cat's belly this afternoon and left a wee tiny spot, moved his hair back and eventually found it. It's like a wee white spot, I've attached a photo but it's probably not great as the camera on my phone is bad. Anyway does anybody know what it is and if it's problematic? Can't find anything about it online. He's due a visit to vet in two weeks anyway but if someone knows what it is then I'll at least know if I need to bring him sooner or not. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,472 ✭✭✭✭Alun

At a guess, a nipple :) (They have six if I'm not mistaken.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

Not easy to tell by the picture but it could be a nipple or possibly a skin tag. If you want to, keep an eye on it until you get to the vet, needless to say if there are any changes you should get it seen to immediately, but id say its probably very normal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Can't really see properly in the photo I'm afraid.

Animals do occasionally get spots too. You could try squeezing it to see if it breaks, but a cat probably wouldn't like that.

It could indeed be a nipple. Search for more of them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭lilsis

My cat doesn't really like me being at his belly (weird), but he's snoozing now so I was able to take a look and I found another one, so I'm guessing they're nipples. Didn't even know male cats had nipples, I feel a bit silly now. Thanks guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,472 ✭✭✭✭Alun

lilsis wrote: »
    My cat doesn't really like me being at his belly (weird), but he's snoozing now so I was able to take a look and I found another one, so I'm guessing they're nipples. Didn't even know male cats had nipples, I feel a bit silly now. Thanks guys.
    All male mammals have nipples, even humans :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement