Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

West Ham Match Thread

Options
  • 18-03-2011 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭

Obviously a must win if we are to be in with a shout of top 4 come May..

William Gallas is fit to face West Ham in Saturday's big derby in the Premier League at the Lane.

There were fears that the defender had picked up a fresh hamstring injury in training earlier the week but, thankfully, scans proved otherwise and he trained on Friday.

"William joined in (training) and he was fine," reported Harry after training. "He limped off on Tuesday morning, but he was fine.

"He gets over injuries quickly, William, plays through little niggles and he felt okay."

There was more good news as Tom Huddlestone returned to full training for the first time since November after recovering from an ankle injury.

"Tom trained for the first time today and looked like he'd never been away," added Harry.

"He has two weeks now where we can really work him and hopefully he'll then be back and ready to play."

Wilson Palacios (knee), Ledley King (groin), Younes Kaboul (knee) and Jonathan Woodgate (groin) remain out this weekend.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Good to see Tom back in full training. We're starting to get our injury list sorted at a key point of the season. He'll add another dimension to our game and could make a big difference. Hopefully we'll keep chugging along and beat West Ham with a few goals (from our strikers preferably) and a clean sheet. They'll be up for it but we should be taking all the points at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Seillejet

I think the recent rest period the players have had will be evident today. I expect us to win and win well. West Ham have had a good run but I think we will have too much for them. Looking forward to a cracker mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Cannot afford to not get the 3points here if we even want a shot at champions league football. But I am confident. Looking forward to the game too. Hopefully its good.

Hopefully Bale will start and looks his old self.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

bale and Defoe start at the expense of pieenar and crouch

I don't have Sky at the moment. Does anyone have that site that lists all of the Sopcast shows?

• Advertisement

TEAM v West Ham: Gomes; Corluka, Gallas, Dawson, Assou-Ekotto; Lennon, Sandro, Modric, Bale; Van der Vaart; Defoe.

SUBS v West Ham: Pletikosa, Bassong, Hutton, Jenas, Kranjcar, Crouch, Pavlyuchenko.

VS

WEST HAM TEAM: Green; Jacobsen, Da Costa, Upson, Bridge; O'Neill, Noble, Parker, Hitzlsperger; Ba, Cole.

WEST HAM SUBS: Boffin, Gabbidon, Tomkins, Boa Morte, Hines, Obinna, Sears.

SuprSi wrote: »
    I don't have Sky at the moment. Does anyone have that site that lists all of the Sopcast shows?

You'll find some there anyway.

http://myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=109238&part=sports

Right I'm going to go watch the game downstairs with my Dad on the HD box. Hopefully when I pop back up here at half time we have some more great Defoe goals to talk about!

COYS

Wow that would've been some goal by Daws!

Very strong start from Spurs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I missed kick off, who is commentating on this? The second guy seems very biased for west ham.

Can't really hear the commentary on this stream to be honest. We should be 1 - 0 down after Cole missed that 1-on-1.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

It's actually nuts, he's constantly saying things like "big Carlton Cole" and "Scotty Parker"

Maybe it's just me. Good start but we letting them back into it,

We've hit the post, with Defoe not reacting quickly enough for the resulting sitter, and had at least 3 or 4 really close chances. We need to put one of them away soon.

Hmmm, we've been all over them, and just haven't scored. Still lack that cutting edge and could have been 3 up in that half alone. Need to pick things up in the 2nd half though.

The ref seems to be not giving us a few little decisions which is really annoying me. When Lennon was on a counter attack there and got blocked off blatantly. Few other lil ones that I wasn't happy about.

Modric has been very good. VDV still seems a yard of the pace. Maybe bring on Niko or Jenas for him.

We really should have scored. We've been unlucky. Hopefully we can get one early on and kill this game off.

Yikes that was a nasty tackle. Accidental, but he nearly broke Sandro's leg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Vdv needs to be taken off. He seems to think he is playing centre midfield for some reason. Defoe alone up front all day

Yeah he's been playing too deep. Bring on Crouch or Pav. We're just not clicking at the moment and I don't see where the goal is going to come from.

Vdv off down the tunnel again after being taken off . He seems to think it's all about him , he isn't even interested enough to stay in the dug out to see if we win. He is beginning to show his true colours in my opinion. Beginning to show why Jose let him go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

What a save.

Lads, that's just not good enough. Without sounding dramatic, it's going to take a miracle for us to get 4th this season after that result. For all our possession and chances, we were a few inches out with everything. So many nearly good passes, so many nearly good efforts, 2 off the crossbar, a couple of great saves, we've had this before.

Defoe was rubbish again. So many chances and couldn't convert a single one. Any shot he got away was straight at the keeper. Not one player stood out for me in that game.

Like I said, we've dropped too many points over the last 3 games to stand a realistic chance and unless City or Chelsea make a complete balls of their last 10 games, we're out.

mickman wrote: »
    Vdv off down the tunnel again after being taken off . He seems to think it's all about him , he isn't even interested enough to stay in the dug out to see if we win. He is beginning to show his true colours in my opinion. Beginning to show why Jose let him go

I hate to see that too, but I like to assume he might be going down the tunnel to get some sort of medical treatment. He defo doesn't seem 100%.

Back to the game itself.

Im sick. So many chances but it just ddin't happen for us. Sigh. 2 points down the drain!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭sniffingchimp

We just cant take our chances. West Ham did well with their defence but again we look toothless when it comes to finishing. Fed up.

And I dont know about Van Der Vaart, is it a sulk or is it a quick run to the treatment table?

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭marty2002

not good enough against crap teams like the spammers,
    Jose must be dunging it after watching that...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

It is a pity, but West Ham came with a game plan and it seems to have worked. I was always sceptical of 4th once Chelsea overtook us again, now its all down to how their results pan out over the next few weeks! Not sure who I would like to see win tomorrow, but I guess we need City to do it for us at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭jiltloop

Looks like our chances of a top 4 finish are all but over. I'm really dissappointed with our inconsistency creeping back in. We are seriously lacking 2 good strikers, and they're going to be harder to attract if we aren't in the champion's league next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

2 points from 3 games against Blackpool Wolves and Wet Spam just isnt good enough.:(

Harry was just asked about VDV walking down the tunnel and he said that hes not happy about it and that hes going to talk to him about it. No mention that he needed to get treatment or anything. Not a good sign. He did it last week too.

• Advertisement

Harry just said rafa isn't injured and will have to talk to him about walking down the tunnel. Vdv needs to grow up a bit and stop acting like a spilt kid. He shud have stayed on the bench and cheered on the team

Advertisement