Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mature tree for privacy

Options
  • 18-03-2011 5:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭

What semi mature tree would be best to block off being overlooked in window by kids on a ...one of those things they bounce on... It is right in line with window and a tree would block nicely

It would need to be 8m high/fast growing and be 'wide' and i think evergreen. Is there any issue with it being near a wooden fence

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭jezko

MinnyMinor wrote: »
    What semi mature tree would be best to block off being overlooked in window by kids on a ...one of those things they bounce on... It is right in line with window and a tree would block nicely

It would need to be 8m high/fast growing and be 'wide' and i think evergreen. Is there any issue with it being near a wooden fence

8M ? semi mature??
    Look up stantards of Photinia Red Robin, Quercus ilex Evergreen oak (Granted slowish growth) maybe best to get a Eucalyptus quite a few types and quite quick growth

But i'd keep away from most Conifers if possible...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭MinnyMinor

jezko wrote: »
    8M ? semi mature??
    Look up stantards of Photinia Red Robin, Quercus ilex Evergreen oak (Granted slowish growth) maybe best to get a Eucalyptus quite a few types and quite quick growth

But i'd keep away from most Conifers if possible...
    sorry about 2-3 m would be more like it?i was thinking feet;)

Thanks for the info. Why not conifers

Advertisement