Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rights in a Family Business

Options
  • 18-03-2011 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭

I know this seems like a silly question but does someone who is employed by someone related to them have the same rights as any other Employee particularly in the area of safe work place and anti bullying. The person registered would have the same kind of contract

I thought they did but a situation has arisen in work and I am being made to doubt it.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

i know personally that where a person is related to the owner of a company any existing JLC structure on wages etc is out, the family member can be paid the lowest legal amount, found that out from NERA.

however in regards to bullying and harrasement and work place safety the company should have a policy in place that should not be determined by your relationship with the comapny owner etc.

Advertisement