Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for some advice about my Win 7 phone

Options
  • 18-03-2011 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭

I am with O2 and had an LG Optimus that i got unlocked. The win 7 phone was given to me second hand a few days ago.

I insert my O2 sim into the LG Optimus 7 (e900), i input my sim P.I.N and then it says something like:

"The sim you inserted is locked, contact your service provider."

The phone has some Vodafone branding like "360 My Web" on the home screen.

However i do not think the phone is locked to Vodafone?

Is it possible to have a sim card locked and not the phone itself?

So is my option to ring O2 and get them to unlock the sim and if no joy then go into a shop and unlock the Win 7 phone.

Excuse the long windedness of the post.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

If the SIM is locked that means the wrong PIN code was entered too many times and you need to enter the PUK code.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Thanks for the reply partyatmygaff.

It is not that however.

I put the sim in now and entered the code correctly and the correct message that appears is:

"This SIM card can only be used on specific networks. Contact your customer service center for the unlock code"

So is the phone locked or the O2 sim?

I guess its the sim.

I just put an anpost sim in and no issues.

There should be no issues with O2 sorting me out i hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Sounds like it's a problem with the SIM alright. I've never heard of a locked SIM before though...

Right the phone is locked it seems.

Time to call in to one of those shops and unlock it:).

Strange how the anpost sim worked though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Hiya the reason why the an post sim worked in it is because they use the vodafone network and also use 087 as their prefix ..
    i was given a nokia 6303 locked to vodafone a week ago i put a just mobile sim card into it which also use the vodafone network and 087 prefix these will be the only sims that will work the phone is defo locked to the vodafone network if your o2 sim won't work in it

Thanks jay33.

That explains a lot.

Advertisement