Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acekard and DS Lite problem

• 18-03-2011 5:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 86 ✭✭

Looking for some advice here. The other day, I started using an Acekard in my DS Lite. A while later, the top screen began to jump once every so often. This got worse and now the screen (when playing a game or just turning on my console) just shakes violently.

Just wondering if anybody knows whether it's coincidence or if the two are related? Don't want to repair it and figure out that's what caused it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

The screen doesn't physically move, so the image on the screen shakes or does it scroll? Either way it sounds like a faulty screen, I've not experienced anything like this with the Acekard before.

How does it behave with regular cards?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

agreed, lots of experience with Acekards and never experienced this, coincidence I'd say and not the fault of the AK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 86 ✭✭PacManFan

The screen doesn't physically move, so the image on the screen shakes or does it scroll? Either way it sounds like a faulty screen, I've not experienced anything like this with the Acekard before.

How does it behave with regular cards?

Sorry, I should have been clearer :o. The image on the top screen shakes up and down really quickly and is therefore all fuzzy. It's the exact same with regular cards, too, and even with no card in the slot. And it's on every menu. Like I said, I was using the AK, the image would jump once or twice and I would turn the console off. When I turned it back on, it was okay for a while then the same thing. Then next time it happened I just kept using the console thinking it might stop. It started shaking non-stop and it's since that that it won't stop.
    slave1 wrote: »
    agreed, lots of experience with Acekards and never experienced this, coincidence I'd say and not the fault of the AK

Thanks for the advice. I was afraid to try it in a friend's DS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 86 ✭✭PacManFan

I feel like an idiot now... I've done some Googling and I tried plugging my console in. Works fine plugged in, same issue plugged out. Sounds like it could be the battery going.

Well at least you know it isn't the Acekard. Get your friend's battery and try that in it. If it stops shaking then it's the battery, if not then there's something else the matter.

• Advertisement

It's a tri-wing, you can find them online if you need one :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Battery cover has a normal posi/philips on it doesn't it?

On some models it's a tri-wing. On others it's a PH00 (super small philips). Sorry, I should have been much clearer, I don't know why some are different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

On some models it's a tri-wing. On others it's a PH00 (super small philips). Sorry, I should have been much clearer, I don't know why some are different.

Yeah its weird. Sort of understand why they might want to make it marginally harder to get into their products, but the battery cover seems a bit ott.

Advertisement