Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tropical Fish

• 18-03-2011 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭

hi,

can anyone tell me where the best place to get tropical fish around waterford or surrounding locations. The likes of pet mania and others dont have a great selection and all tanks seem to have dead fish in them which doesn't seem wise to buy out of them.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭karbonkoncepts

ive been keeping tropical fish for nearly 20 years and have always got them in mcguires garden center...their knowledge is excellent and can answer any questions u have...and they wont rob ya either...their selecton of species is the best in the south

• Registered Users Posts: 14 DR Milly

I agree maguires is the best. My friend has a 5ft fishtank in her living room and only gets her fish from maguires. She said their the best. best prices and best range of stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭spadesaspade

thanks guys, will check itout

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭flan59

The lad that looks after the fish in Maguirs is Frank, young lad with a beard, he breeds his own fish and knows everything there is to know about them. Make sure he is the one who cathches your fish from the tanks, got them from a girl once and she took so long to catch them they were stressed and dead within 2 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭snuggles09

definitley macguries. we have a medium sized tropical tank and get all our fish out there and none of them have died (bar the ones that the brazen Angel fish called Ted, after Ted Bundy, killed on his travels). Ted by the way is in the tropical fish tank in Mcguires because he was killing all the rest of the fish as he was seeing them as food even though we were blacking out the tank etc when introducing them. We told the guy in Macguires one day in passing and he said to bring him out an he'd take him back and he gave us two other angel fish as replacements which was lovely of him. He's evil is our Ted but nice to look at though, tell him I said hello if your out there:D

any fish we bought in Petmania died on us including 2 gold fish that we got for the kids. macguires all the way:)

• Advertisement

haha so poor ted is in lockdown, ill say hello to him when i go out:D

haha so poor ted is in lockdown, ill say hello to him when i go out:D

yeah do but mind he doesnt bust through the glass and eat you, dont be fooled by the gorgeous silvery yellow exterior. he looks all sweet and light but guarantee he'll be sticking 2 fins up at you when you turn your back:D

the chap told us he's been put in with the more aggressive fish that can handle him, i hope he's getting his ass whipped:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

+1 on maguires aswell ,they have a right selection out there and noel is a gent,angel fish are part of the cichlid family but are not suited to other cichlids cause of there long fins and will be eaten alive in any other tank weather there lake malawii or the other great lake type or the south american oscar lol,i keep a pair of convicts with a few lake malawii here and i have to say its great craic to watch them defending ther terittorys ,they are savages lol and i have a hybrid iv called deise as he was white wit blue stripes when i got him small ,same colour as the deise jersey,but since he matured he or she has turned gold and savage and is king of the tank,hes a dirty bully lol

picked up a few platys and mollys, and one of the mollies started having dead babies then she died :(. Well actually she had a few live ones but they were eating before i could get a seperation tank, then i puther into the tank and the other babies died and her after. Hope i didn't stress her out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 905 ✭✭✭m8

Where is maguires?

• Advertisement

it's on your way out to Dunmore, you'll see the turn for it on your left

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

and anyone who has an intrest in tropical and marine fish should check out the new ocean pets store on morgan street up by the hyper market,,was up there last friday evening and they have a very nice set up going on up there and there fair on prices too :)

Advertisement