Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dynasty

Options
  • 18-03-2011 6:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭

Who would you have as an 8 man rotation that would have a chance of ruling the NBA for the next 5 years. Obviously this time line would rule out the likes of Kobe,Garnett, Dirk etc.
    Just thought it might be interesting to see who you'd pick.
    Obviously there is no salary cap to adhere to.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

PG: Derrick Rose
    SG: Russell Westbrook
    SF: Kevin Durant
    PF: Blake Griffin
    C : Dwight Howard

Subs: JaVale McGee, Eric Gordon, Landry Fields.

I'm cheating by taking 2 PGs as starters in Rose and Westbrook at the guard positions, but they were the best 2 young guards I could think of.

I've got interior defence with Howard and McGee, outside shooting with Durant and Gordon, and this team is going to be ridiculously good on fast breaks with either Rose/Westbrook leading the way and Durant and Griffin running the floor.
    I will lead the league in crazy dunks too!

There's probably better players available for my subs, Fields is a big of a gamble, but I have all positions covered with those 3 and they have great potential. I thought about taking John Wall as a sub guard, but his outside shooting is not the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭Flancrest

PG Chris Paul
    SG Joe Johnson
    SF Kevin Durant
    PF Blake Griffin
    C Andrew Bynum

Subs Derrick Rose, LaMarcus Aldridge, Tyreke Evans

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

I agree Chris Paul might be slightly better than Westbrook/Rose, especially for the next 5 years, any longer and I'd have to choose one of the younger guys. Aldridge is a good pick, I didn't think of him, probably better than McGee, Aldridge has a more rounded game.

Would you really pick Bynum over Howard?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭Flancrest

It was a tight call but I like Bynums work ethic and Howard can disappear in big games. Or maybe its just because I'm a Laker fan. I was gonna stick Kobe in and say he'd still be dominating in 5 years:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,983 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

How isnt anyone picking Lebron ? The guy isnt that old !

• Advertisement
Advertisement