Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards charity donation lottery - get to post in Prison

Options
  • 18-03-2011 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭

I was having a look at the Prison forum and thought God, I'd love to post replies to some of those threads.

If only such a thing were possible... Well...

Wouldn't it be nice if Boards could set up some kind of donations system for a charity - all proceeds going to a pre-decided charitable organisation collecting for a particular cause (maybe the Japanese disaster, for example), and everybody who enters gets put into a draw with the prize being the right to post replies in the Prison forum for a week (with all posts being pre-approved by a mod, of course).

I don't doubt that the Boardsies are generous in their donations, but no harm in adding a little incentive and drumming up some support for the chosen charity.

With any luck, Pighead would win. Thems were some good times...
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

That is an awful idea.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

We can easily arrange for anyone who wants to post in Prison to post in Prison.

:evilest smiley:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭xoxyx

Ah - why? I thought it was a good idea. It would raise awareness of a charity and there's no cost involved.

Plus, somebody would get to post in Prison!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

xoxyx wrote: »
    Ah - why? I thought it was a good idea. It would raise awareness of a charity and there's no cost involved.

Plus, somebody would get to post in Prison!!

In all seriousness though, posting in the prison forum is not really an incentive for a regular poster to donate money. I wouldn't do it myself purely because I find the Prison forum pretty boring and I'd never post in it even if I was allowed.

I find the getting naked for charity stuff pretty good(giggidy). Even the when guys cut their long hair off for charity or even getting a full body wax would be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Moved from After Hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭xoxyx

I hear ya. But, whenever threads come up in AH about the other forums that are visited, Prison always comes up. Pighead's contributions to Prison (years ago) still get mentioned and I just thought it might be a bit of fun and different and perhaps would get a few people on board.

Sure, it all depends on the uptake. I leave my idea out there!! :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Is Pighead still around?
    Haven't seen a post in ages, but then maybe I don't frequent the right forums.

Pighead was a mod of prison once - so was I. Neither lasted very long due to technical issues.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,958 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Pyr0 wrote: »
    I find the getting naked for charity stuff pretty good(giggidy). Even the when guys cut their long hair off for charity or even getting a full body wax would be good.
    AHEM*

*Shameless promotion - Please don't ban me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Prison is where we deal with genuine cases of unintentional rules breaches and we've been working at making it less of the nonsense forum it used to be so this would never be a runner.

Sorry guys.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Raise awareness of Japan's situation?

Seriously?

• Advertisement
Advertisement