Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poor Kitty

• 18-03-2011 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭

On the way to the train this morning, I saw somethig horrible. A poor little kitty was run over. She jumped up on the wall as I was walking, so I stopped cos she seemed spooked. But she ran straight onto the road, and into the path of a gardai car.

The cat ran off, as much as she could, did not look good, and I caled the DSPCA, and asked them what I should do, but they weren't much help. Tried to look for the kitty but couldn't see her anywhere, as I said she just ran off.

She was a little giner and white cat, so if anyone knows of someone in the Bayside area (Dublin 13), who owns the cat, I am so sorry about what happened and hope she will be ok and not worst case scenerio :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Dolliepop

How do you expect the DSPCA to help though? The cat ran off so they cant send out an ambulance driver for a cat they probably wont be able to find or catch as they have many other calls to attend to, and they couldnt really take a detailed description as all you have is the colour and there is probably a lot of ginger and white cats missing from that area. The cat might head home if he wasnt too badly injured

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭cute_cow

With regard to the DSPCA, I had no idea who else to call as I have never been in that position before, should have probably said they couldn't help more so than were no help, and apologies for making it sound they way I did.

In all fairness I just wanted to try and help, I know if it was my pet, I would like to think someone else would do the same. I did call a few vets to find out if they had any clients in the bayside are with the same kind of cat but have had no luck. I hate to think of the cat lying somewhere suffering and hope she was able to make it home.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Amberjack

Cute cow,

I think you did the best you could. Hopefully the cat made it home and got veterinary attention. A horrible thing to witness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭serenacat

cute_cow wrote: »
    On the way to the train this morning, I saw somethig horrible. A poor little kitty was run over. She jumped up on the wall as I was walking, so I stopped cos she seemed spooked. But she ran straight onto the road, and into the path of a gardai car.

The cat ran off, as much as she could, did not look good, and I caled the DSPCA, and asked them what I should do, but they weren't much help. Tried to look for the kitty but couldn't see her anywhere, as I said she just ran off.

She was a little giner and white cat, so if anyone knows of someone in the Bayside area (Dublin 13), who owns the cat, I am so sorry about what happened and hope she will be ok and not worst case scenerio :(

I guess the car didnt stop or notice this? How could it have surived?

Advertisement