Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad News Appreciation Thread

• 18-03-2011 7:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭

Seems every band now has an Appreciation thread, thought i'd join in with making one too.

So hats off to.........BAD NEWS, the best metal band ever to grace this planet.

Members were

Vim Fuego (Adrian Edmonson)
    Den Dennis (Nigel Planer)
    Colin Grigson (Rik Mayall)
    Spider Webb (Peter Richardson)

I seen them live at Donington in 1986 and they blew the place apart, the whole band were world class performers who gelled together to make a band that the world has never seen before, and will never see again.

Here's the documentary of there meteoric rise

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dWABt9J--8 Can't embed for some reason but DEFINATELY worth a watch

Then who can forget there cover of Bohemian Rhapsody, even better than the original

Then comes an original of there own, 'Warriors of Ghengis Khan', a true masterpice that belongs up there with Kashmir, Enter Sandman & War Pigs

So then, lets hope this ULTIMATE appreciation thread brings an end to appreciation threads as this band surely cannot be followed :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

No Bad News fans??

Well i'm gonna carry the Appreciation all on me lonesome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

Spinal who?!?! seems there's always an infinitely more well known exponent of an infinitely less well known protagonist. :p

Young Ones the band ffs. could do no wrong

Seeing as another 'Appreciation Thread' has just been started, this time for a drummer, i thought i'd bring this one up.

Maybe i should start a new Appreciation Thread for the Bad News Drummer :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Don't know how i missed this thread! I only came across this project a few years back through links to the Young Ones. It's pure class and sums up what i love about the genre,we don't take it too seriously.:)

Spinal Tap seemed to become the 'go to' cliche for Rock parody but Bad News was infinitely better imo. Great OP Scudzilla,i'd forgotten about them until today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭Snake Pliisken

Your mother is dead :(

Bad News Appreciation.

• Advertisement

Was really saddened today to hear of the death of Rik Mayall.

The words 'Legend' and 'Genius' are thrown about far too much IMO but with Rik, he truly was both of these

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭metzengerstein

another fan here , its just briliant .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Another fan right here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭RayCon

Always thought the 2 Bad News "mockumentaries" were better than Spinal Tap

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭witty username

Vim Fuego:

"I could play "Stairway To Heaven" when I was 12. Jimmy Page didn't actually write it until he was 22. I think that says quite a lot"

• Advertisement
Advertisement