Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Livestock/General Farming photo thread ***READ MOD NOTE IN POST #1***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Top quality stock there 1chippy ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,876 ✭✭✭mf240

yes that red stuff is down to field type not draingage pipes. I think its the mineral iron and that red stuff is iron oxide. Awful stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

This is farming related cos you could put it on the door of the farm house :D

This is farming related cos you could put it on the door of the farm house :D

Ah now that's not very neighbourly!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Muckit wrote: »
    Ah now that's not very neighbourly!!

Eeeeeeeeeeeee-zactly :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,949 ✭✭✭delaval

North KK this afternoon, nice outfit but sky not looking good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭delaney001

delaval wrote: »
    North KK this afternoon, nice outfit but sky not looking good

Is that the turn off for Conahy/Jenkinstown?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭nashmach

delaney001 wrote: »
    Is that the turn off for Conahy/Jenkinstown?

The one that will bring you to the graveyard in Conahy?

Looks like it alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭delaney001

nashmach wrote: »
    The one that will bring you to the graveyard in Conahy?

Looks like it alright.

Ya, all though normally id be turning off for the hurling pitch, and I'd prefer to keep it that way...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭1chippy

This is what I had to split up before I went to work. Took over an hour and two of us to get her head out. How she got it in there goes beyond me.

• Advertisement

1chippy wrote: »
    This is what I had to split up before I went to work. Took over an hour and two of us to get her head out. How she got it in there goes beyond me.
    Did you need to take off the wheel?

Did you need to take off the wheel?
    I let the air out. and got a crowbar and wedged up the tipper part.. getting a socket to fit the dumper was my main issu.

;) Funny but not when your in the situation! Had a bullock a few years back that got his head caught between two ash trees!

The blue is actually a limo the other is an ozs calf. Good enough calf but I thought he had better potential when born

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

;) Funny but not when your in the situation! Had a bullock a few years back that got his head caught between two ash trees!

It's never a question of whether it can happen on a farm, it's only a case of when it's going to happen.

Usually on a Sunday,

Around half eleven:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭maxxuumman

Probably checking the oil

maxxuumman wrote: »
    Probably checking the oil
    all he had to do was look on the gound at the backend.

Did or do any of you have the old type chain 'auto' scrapers, I swear every Sunday a chain would break!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

Did or do any of you have the old type chain 'auto' scrapers, I swear every Sunday a chain would break!!!
    had to handscrape the cubicle sheds on christmas day, they wheren't chain scrapers but ones with a quadrant at the end broke our hearts:mad:

Straw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭hoseman

A fu*king gap handle where the spring was off the hook ,could not understand where I was loosing current on a small stretch of wire,approx 50 mts and 2 yearlings were going under it clever gits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

whelan1 wrote: »
    Straw

that picture is backwards

that picture is backwards
    first time posting a pic from my phone.... i am so so sorry:P

Try again

hoseman wrote: »
    A fu*king gap handle where the spring was off the hook ,could not understand where I was loosing current on a small stretch of wire,approx 50 mts and 2 yearlings were going under it clever gits.

I have a lot of those €2jobs too but they're no t worth a ****e!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭AntrimGlens

Straw

How much £?

How much £?
    dont pay til sfp comes in, same guy had his sheep in on my land... hes a relation and doesnt rob me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

I regret non showing this buck
    mo8e.jpg

:(

The red laddy.

Not at all, he doesn't really have a bull head on him, but he'I make a great bullock, look at the height of him, whn he grows frame he will carry plenty of weight.

• Advertisement

Not at all, he doesn't really have a bull head on him, but he'I make a great bullock, look at the height of him, whn he grows frame he will carry plenty of weight.

Crap, meant to show two pics.

Kovu Murr wrote: »
    Crap, meant to show two pics.

Sorry reread your post. I thought you were registering him, but you were talking about showing him. But still my first comment hold through... is he a full bull? He should have a 'bully head' on him by now if he's any bit of testosterone in him, how old is he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

20130807_132321.jpg

20130807_132315.jpg

20130807_132302.jpg

Try again

still backways, that truck is a credit to the owner, is it still on the road

still backways, that truck is a credit to the owner, is it still on the road
    yup, thats my husbands pride and joy .... edited to say the aec or the scania? scania in everyday use aec will be at moynalty this weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭Milton09

yup, thats my husbands pride and joy .... edited to say the aec or the scania? scania in everyday use aec will be at moynalty this weekend

Hi Whelan1, would you mind asking your OH what is the max. height he loads straw to, I'm thinking of collecting a load ex-field with tractor low loader but cant find any rules or guidelines anywhere. thanks in advance milton.

• Advertisement

Milton09 wrote: »
    Hi Whelan1, would you mind asking your OH what is the max. height he loads straw to, I'm thinking of collecting a load ex-field with tractor low loader but cant find any rules or guidelines anywhere. thanks in advance milton.

we go 12 ft on top of artic trailers which is pretty high when loaded

Milton09 wrote: »
    that load there was 2 high at the front and 3 at the back and he said that was the limit, 26 bales on that load

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭grazeaway

stupid question but why did you leave the dumper in the field in the 1st place? had a similar issue this spring when a couple of the yearlings knocked a fence and got into an ajioning field where i had the trailer parked, 1 fecker manged to get lodged under the trailer between the chassis and the body he then knocked the trailer off the block and got stuck. lucky enough he didnt hurt himself but i had to get in two tractors and in and lift the trailer and then hook it up and tip the body to release him

Ya animals and machinery don't mix. Left tractor in the field one night last year after topping. Came back next day not a meg out of it.... they'd ate the wires off the starter!! :mad: :pac::pac:

Sorry reread your post. I thought you were registering him, but you were talking about showing him. But still my first comment hold through... is he a full bull? He should have a 'bully head' on him by now if he's any bit of testosterone in him, how old is he?

Without looking at the cards I think he's a March calf but I can't be certain. I know I posted a pic of him here when he was just over a week old though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭jersey101

Attachment not found.WP_000432.jpg

WP_000431.jpg

WP_000430.jpgspent the last 3 months making these calf pens. Any thoughts?

Fine job. ;) Looks very well. Will you be throwing a bit of straw on top? Have you kept calves on pallets before? Would the gaps be a shade too wide? I don't know now, just asking. Be a h**r if there legs were going down through it.

If you could get your hand on an old used rubber conveyor belt and put it along the front at the bottom , it'd stop any draughts coming up to them from the bottom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭grazeaway

20130807_132321.jpg

20130807_132315.jpg

20130807_132302.jpg
    i'm like a child at christmas just looking those pics

Fine job. ;) Looks very well. Will you be throwing a bit of straw on top? Have you kept calves on pallets before? Would the gaps be a shade too wide? I don't know now, just asking. Be a h**r if there legs were going down through it.

If you could get your hand on an old used rubber conveyor belt and put it along the front at the bottom , it'd stop any draughts coming up to them from the bottom

ye there will be a good lump of straw goin in under em
    Dont know if you can see in the pucture but i put old cladding i had in between the holes in the pallet and there in an old stable with a half door so shouldn't be too may draughts. Good idea with the conveyor belt though.
    I priced proper pens last year and ten of cost €2,500 :o these only cost me €90 :D

jersey101 wrote: »
    Dont know if you can see in the pucture but i put old cladding i had in between the holes in the pallet

Oh right, had a second look there. Your sorted so ;) I thought first I was looking at bare concrete underneath or the laths on other side of pallet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

2500! Insane! I'm actually throwing out individual pins here now, the wooden ones we have now are shook, and I'm moving most of the calves to a much taller open shed, will go with pens about 5ft wide (using pallets as sides), and 12ft wide, with just a 12ft gate. Will hold about 4calves each, and very easy to dismantle and clean out with the tractor hopefully.

Oh right, had a second look there. Your sorted so ;) I thought first I was looking at bare concrete underneath or the laths on other side of pallet.

ah no i had thought of the calfs feet alright, wouldn't be a nice if they got stuck down in it

Silage re growing cut 18 days ago

lupins

Triticale and weeds

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement