Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Livestock/General Farming photo thread ***READ MOD NOTE IN POST #1***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

moy83 wrote: »
    2yr old limo x heifer and angus bull calf born this evening . She spat him out
    Great stuff, great comfort with her for years to come so! Grand looking calf too, plenty scope to grow and put on weight. Had you her on a restriced diet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

just do it wrote: »
    Great stuff, great comfort with her for years to come so! Grand looking calf too, plenty scope to grow and put on weight. Had you her on a restriced diet?

No she was in with the cows on middling grass . I have a blue heifer due to the same bull next week too so hopecully all will go as well with her too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Richk2012

No she was in with the cows on middling grass . I have a blue heifer due to the same bull next week too so hopecully all will go as well with her too

See a few of the lads here autumn calving now .
    I wont start for another month ..
    Have you many this early moy83???

Richk2012 wrote: »
    See a few of the lads here autumn calving now .
    I wont start for another month ..
    Have you many this early moy83???

No , 3 or 4 in the next few weeks but to be honest we could have them coming at anytime of the year which is pain but we havent tightened up on the bulling properly .
    If I was serious I would have a bull with them for the bare seven weeks to get them calving in around oct and let the rest out to calve in feb .
    It gives a ****e workload to be dealing with different ages in the weanlins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,949 ✭✭✭delaval

Last load of the day and my latest toy.

Does anyone else have one I got this last week after my neighbour insisted I try his. There is no comparison to the McCale squeeze I have

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

delaval wrote: »

Does anyone else have one I got this last week after my neighbour insisted I try his. There is no comparison to the McCale squeeze I have

Are they(elephant trunk) a better job than the more common twin roller type?

Muckit wrote: »
    Are they(elephant trunk) a better job than the more common twin roller type?
    No contest way ahead:):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

can be used with big squares too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

No contest way ahead:):)

in what way, as I dont see the benefit, is there not a gap between rows of bales when stacking, when you have to get that leg back out, same problem on trailers I presume. personally like to stand silage bales on ends just to show off, using the normal 2 poles handler.

I chickened out of making 40 bales today, just couldnt put up with the ball ache, will shove it in the pit in two weeks with whole crop. Was offered top notch red clover bales at €160 DM delivered yesterday, If I get him down a few quid and we may well have a deal. not a bad price as I need a certain amount of forage and would be costing me 140+ doing my own, making bales of it even more. pay as I use them, the more I type the better it sounds

You've too much spare cash if you can just go off and buy something like that after one visit to your neighbours ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,876 ✭✭✭mf240

You've too much spare cash if you can just go off and buy something like that after one visit to your neighbours ;)

He opened a thread yesterday saying that the high milk price might make farmers get carried away:D:D:D Little did we think that he was a closet impulse buyer.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Seaba

Lovely hair on that calf, great shine off him (I know being wet partly helps!)
    What AA bull did you use? If that was a heifer she'd be a keeper especially with the mother having a lovely bag.

Seaba wrote: »
    Lovely hair on that calf, great shine off him (I know being wet partly helps!)
    What AA bull did you use? If that was a heifer she'd be a keeper especially with the mother having a lovely bag.

He was is a nice one alright , she has an even bigger bag this morn . 1600 and you can have the pair of them :-)
    He is out of dovea but Im not sure his name because the young lad pulled the plug off the laptop so I cant check till I get a new one

mf240 wrote: »
    He opened a thread yesterday saying that the high milk price might make farmers get carried away:D:D:D Little did we think that he was a closet impulse buyer.:D

I bought a new wheelbarrow also!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Growth in the economy will be spinning out of control if this spending spree continues!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

Growth in the economy will be spinning out of control if this spending spree continues!

Funny you should say that I was in a Glanbia branch one day last week and it reminded of nothing so much as a builders suppliers circa 2006. A real bustle around the place. There's a petrol station, shop and the guy with the petrol has started doing agri spares. If we get the lift in output the govt expects post 2015 it might start to make a difference nationally despite it being dismissed by many economists as "only a small percentage". The percentage keeps getting bigger though as many other parts of the economy disaapear up their own fundaments. It ain't gonna be the salvation of the place but it can't hurt.

Ah here, now you're just showboating :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Funny you should say that I was in a Glanbia branch one day last week and it reminded of nothing so much as a builders suppliers circa 2006. A real bustle around the place. There's a petrol station, shop and the guy with the petrol has started doing agri spares. If we get the lift in output the govt expects post 2015 it might start to make a difference nationally despite it being dismissed by many economists as "only a small percentage". The percentage keeps getting bigger though as many other parts of the economy disaapear up their own fundaments. It ain't gonna be the salvation of the place but it can't hurt.

Twas often said that there wasn't so much a lack of money in the country, but there was an over supply of fear in spending it. As people didn't know what was coming down the line at them, which is understandable. It all adds up and it'll all help in the end.

I want to spend some money today but my merchant isn't answering either phone, I'll put it down to being too busy with customers :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,704 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

I think this '85 fiat 100 90 in the vintage section at Tullamore show was pushing it a bit:confused:

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

wheelbarrows is what you would give to a slave, they have no place on a farm. if it can be horsed into the loader bucket, leave it behind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Seaba

He was is a nice one alright , she has an even bigger bag this morn . 1600 and you can have the pair of them :-)
    He is out of dovea but Im not sure his name because the young lad pulled the plug off the laptop so I cant check till I get a new one
    If it was a heifer calf I'd bite your hand off although I doubt you'd be quoting me 1600 for the pair then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭nashmach

blue5000 wrote: »
    I think this '85 fiat 100 90 in the vintage section at Tullamore show was pushing it a bit:confused:
    And not a spec of rust either!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

At 28 years old, maybe not. You're getting old kid. :D

Ya if it was a couple of years older and the orange 80 series you'd say something. Mightn't be looking that fresh then! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭razor8

nashmach wrote: »
    And not a spec of rust either![/QUOTE

thats amazing, had one of these years ago and it fell apart with rust

wheelbarrows is what you would give to a slave, they have no place on a farm. if it can be horsed into the loader bucket, leave it behind

Ah but a wheelbarrow will always start on a frosty morning, especially ones with yellow handles!! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

Muckit wrote: »
    Ah but a wheelbarrow will always start on a frosty morning, especially ones with yellow handles!! :pac:

this is a handy one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Suckler

By God, listen to him, loaders! I thought it was a good day when the handle of the grape didn't break tossing sh1te in to me barrow. I'm away to the small holding forum:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

GY A1 wrote: »
    this is a handy one

As a connoisseur of wheelbarrows I would say them yokes would do you back if you had any serious horsing to do

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 839 ✭✭✭Dampintheattic

And I see you got youself a nice hat to go with it:cool:

I did study Economics years ago but left it all behind me so this isn't based on any keynesian theory but I agree with what you are saying. Small and medium enterprises are really undervalued in the recovery I think. This low level spending (low in the grand scheme of things) is always helpful within a small community. If everyones holding on to their money then nobody benefits. If the flow of money is growing then those business's and consumers will eventually benefit. Also the tax on these transactions in beneficial to the government coffers. What they do with it thereafter is where my positivity ends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭adne

GY A1 wrote: »
    this is a handy one

I think i priced one of those once , 300 euro :eek:

adne wrote: »
    I think i priced one of those once , 300 euro :eek:

cant remember how much our cost

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

Suckler wrote: »
    I did study Economics years ago but left it all behind me so this isn't based on any keynesian theory but I agree with what you are saying. Small and medium enterprises are really undervalued in the recovery I think. This low level spending (low in the grand scheme of things) is always helpful within a small community. If everyones holding on to their money then nobody benefits. If the flow of money is growing then those business's and consumers will eventually benefit. Also the tax on these transactions in beneficial to the government coffers. What they do with it thereafter is where my positivity ends.
    i dont no where you live but around here theres shops opening and closing like thers no tomorrow this sh1ite of a govement need to help small business or we will have no chance at recovery.they should at least give them tax breaks for the 1st yr or two to see if there new business can take off.

naughto wrote: »
    i dont no where you live but around here theres shops opening and closing like thers no tomorrow this sh1ite of a govement need to help small business or we will have no chance at recovery.they should at least give them tax breaks for the 1st yr or two to see if there new business can take off.

Well I am currently in an Iraqi oilfield so nothing much opening here but if you're interested in setting up a little coop I'll send you on the maps! :p
    I'd fully support tax breaks / incentives for start ups, even up to 5 years. If you pass through some areas of england you'll see the absolute desolation of some the Main Streets/High Streets there, it's not something we should permit to spread to Ireland.

• Advertisement

A few maiden heifers that will be calving at two year old

1. Ch heifer by KLU carrying Progressive's CH bull NPP

2. LM x BB heifer carrying Progressive's AA bull GJB

3. BB heifer by BBQ carrying Progressive's LM bull HCA

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Damo810

Did ya get the shovel too?

http://www.donedeal.ie/plantmachinery-for-sale/wheel-barrow-and-shovel/5486504

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭towzer2010

Would it be MLJ? I've a few calves off him and he really does breed great calves. Not available at the moment though.

Damo810 wrote: »

theres even a hole in the shovel :P

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭mikeoh

http://img268.imageshack.us/i/rxi1.jpg/ .......2 heifer calved 3 nites ago by themselves both AA heifer calves front one is pedigree

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭redzerologhlen

Haltcliffe gunner, he has a lovely bottom :D Should be a nice replacement for Dancer!!

1175008_555382881187441_98425276_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Two little porkers for the freezer...

"Bubble & Squeak"

[IMG][/img]t87n.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭1chippy

The first of the autumn callers . Cvv calf

Someone was on about clipping weanling's head hair a while back. This fella looked a bit like jedward so while he was in this morning I did a little trimming

wqyo.jpg

ktls.jpg

1chippy wrote: »
    The first of the autumn callers . Cvv calf
    CVV is gone now, isn't he. I used him for the first time last year. Got a super weanling bull by him. Sorry I didn't use him more in the past.

Also has ayone used the new Limousin bulls in NCBC, TVR, EFZ or GWO. Would liek to see pics of any calves.

Someone was on about clipping weanling's head hair a while back. This fella looked a bit like jedward so while he was in this morning I did a little trimming

wqyo.jpg

ktls.jpg

Your wasted as a farmer jd.
    Should have been a barber :D

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭RobinBanks

pakalasa wrote: »
    Also has ayone used the new Limousin bulls in NCBC, TVR, EFZ or GWO. Would liek to see pics of any calves.

Here ya go Pak. Elite Forever Brill (TVR) Feb bull calf.

loq0.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

jjq9.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

RobinBanks wrote: »
    Here ya go Pak. Elite Forever Brill (TVR) Feb bull calf.
    Nice one. He has some shoulders on him. What was he like calving?

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭RobinBanks

pakalasa wrote: »
    Nice one. He has some shoulders on him. What was he like calving?

Tight enough pull with the jack. He is out of a blue cow though

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement