Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Livestock/General Farming photo thread ***READ MOD NOTE IN POST #1***

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭leg wax

yellow50HX wrote: »
    anyone who buys mine and cheque dosent bounce is a friend of mine
    have the cheque already:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭towzer2010

leg wax wrote: »
    have the cheque already:D:D

Great prices Legs. The feckin marts round here don't send you the cheque until the following week.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

yellow50HX wrote: »
    anyone who buys mine and cheque dosent bounce is a friend of mine

Im alright Jack attitude, plenty of guys left holding the baby around here for those guys to be able to pay big prices elsewhere. Dont be on here crying when you dont get paid/ cheque goes bouncy bouncy and your weanlings gone. Play with fire, get burned with fire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

towzer2010 wrote: »
    Great prices Legs. The feckin marts round here don't send you the cheque until the following week.:mad:
    in our mart you have the cheque home with you, great job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭hugo29

Im alright Jack attitude, plenty of guys left holding the baby around here for those guys to be able to pay big prices elsewhere. Dont be on here crying when you dont get paid/ cheque goes bouncy bouncy and your weanlings gone. Play with fire, get burned with fire.

ah bob good to see you have not changed while i was away:D, you should spend a week by the pool in france, lots cheques going bouncy bouncy out there too;)

• Advertisement

whelan1 wrote: »
    in our mart you have the cheque home with you, great job

really, thats great job, as towzer said a week later here in the post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭stanflt

busy day

3rd cut and straw
    qdn5.jpg
    o0ba.jpg
    ci2b.JPG
    johf.jpg
    0tw2.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

have you GPS Stan or just a very good eye? your mowing is very straight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭stanflt

have you GPS Stan or just a very good eye? your mowing is very straight

gps is in 2wd tractor for fert and spraying

its easy to make out the tramlines:pac::cool::P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Last of the second cut in and stacked away..
    Got it knocked, sat for 24 hours and then baled and wrapped just 30 minutes before the rain came down.. Its just a pain hunting round the fields for them at night !!

dj13.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Dont be daft

bbam wrote: »
    Its just a pain hunting round the fields for them at night !!

Tell me about it, nothing worse than going out the following morning and one bo*lox of a bale sitting bang in the middle of the field and the bale handler gone back to the neighbours :confused: :mad: :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭valtra2

leg wax wrote: »
    well i sold the pt calf tonight in new ross and it was a great sale,he weighed360kg and made 1220,a kyr calf weighed 380kg made 1350, a cuckoo weighed 395kg made 1400, dbz 390kg 1250 ,mazerati (bad yoke) 395kg made 950, pt bull 410kg made 1100,and bucket reared pt (even worse yoke) made 780.
    how was trade going in ross leg, missed it monday
    how is lim 300 to 400 going

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭Milton09

Tell me about it, nothing worse than going out the following morning and one bo*lox of a bale sitting bang in the middle of the field and the bale handler gone back to the neighbours :confused: :mad: :o

And the crows sitting on top of it pecking the crap out of it :mad: - been there !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Mods can I suggest something about image search?

Can pics posted here not be put on facebook or instatwat or that?
    Only realised that they can be reverse searched and people's profiles found.

Or at least put yer profile on private!

Kovu Murr wrote: »
    Mods can I suggest something about image search?

Can pics posted here not be put on facebook or instatwat or that?
    Only realised that they can be reverse searched and people's profiles found.

Or at least put yer profile on private!

Not Facebook, NOOOOooooooooooo

agree, that fcuking thing should be consigned to the bin, no privacy in life anymore

social media is a good thing but how many lives has it ruined with no consequences

hugo29 wrote: »
    agree, that fcuking thing should be consigned to the bin, no privacy in life anymore

social media is a good thing but how many lives has it ruined with no consequences

<modsnip>

I dislike it but it is good for keeping in contact with people (and AI companies)

hugo29 wrote: »

the whole facebook policing is crap, young lad that was bullying my lad -aged 11- had 5 facebook accounts like wtf...as for ask.fm that is total ****e

the whole facebook policing is crap, young lad that was bullying my lad -aged 11- had 5 facebook accounts like wtf...as for ask.fm that is total ****e

I agree, was on that ask.fm when I was 17 & never again. Young girls putting on make up & asking if they're pretty. Stupid site & horrible outcomesebo.

Whelan, facebook has the report button, I've never used it or been on the receiving end but does it do aout?:confused:

I agree, was on that ask.fm when I was 17 & never again. Young girls putting on make up & asking if they're pretty. Stupid site & horrible outcomesebo.

Whelan, facebook has the report button, I've never used it or been on the receiving end but does it do aout?:confused:
    i reported him many times, but the problem was alot of his crap was being sent by private message... he would just open another account if he got blocked, real sly little fecker, i was policing my young lad but his parents where not

• Advertisement

Someone could just stick up guidelines on how to make their accounts private.. those with concerns could investigate it..

I use imageshack, it has the option to make all or some photos private, can't say I bother but I don't have anything up there I want to keep secret !!

<modsnip>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

[MOD]

A bit of editing and some posts above deleted.

Discussion of the subject mentioned is officially verboten throughout the Boards.ie site, see this thread for clarification:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057018526

...and please take particular notice of this particular post:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=86084421&postcount=98

[/MOD]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭jersey101

539741_700513923308746_520957025_n.jpg forth of the autumn calvers this one calved 3 days early she is 2 yr old and is from the bull FLT and the calf is from the bull DJB.
    Very pleased with the calf very leggy i thought

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 191 ✭✭sako 85

Some Cheviot hogget Rams I bred

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Midlandsman80

Don't these seem fairly cheap? I would thought he would be as well off sell these a year ago if they are 2 now and he would take €1,150 (not sure what he menas €2k for both if €1,150 stated price), they do seem stocky to make breeding stock but would think they would do very well on the hook with €100 quid each on meal over 6-8 wks.

http://www.donedeal.ie/beefcattle-for-sale/2-e-grade-belgian-blue-heifers/5530187

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭AntrimGlens

How many tractors have you - i've only one but would need two mickeys :D

How many tractors have you - i've only one but would need two mickeys :D

nice machine, a test drive would be required:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

@ a very empty mart!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭red bull

@ a very empty mart!

Maam Cross ?

• Advertisement

red bull wrote: »
    Maam Cross ?

Clifden, wasteof time no buyers

more marts than buyers in galway !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Username John

Clifden, wasteof time no buyers

Were you selling?
    Edit : maybe I should say did you sell?

Were you selling?
    Edit : maybe I should say did you sell?

not me, he sold 5 wethers out of 24 lambs, brought 19 ewe lambs home again

more marts than buyers in galway !!!!

I wouldn't bring my own there, like a grave yard some days. not a bad spot for cattle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭1chippy

I wouldn't bring my own there, like a grave yard some days. not a bad spot for cattle
    I hear there are a couple of dealers in their these days who dont like seeing strangers bidding,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭renandstimpy

nlbm.jpg
    2pu9.jpgqenv.jpg
    IMGs1ko.jpg
    i574.jpg
    udd4.jpg
    yg7w.jpg
    qyci.jpg

bull being separated from cows .... runway to his winter quarters all taped up with white tape ... safety ... safety :D.....cows and calves in new grazing .

Serious nice stock there... Great grass too..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Figerty

[IMG]http://imageshack.us/a/img843/8299/964r.jpg[/IMG bull being separated from cows .... runway to his winter quarters all taped up with white tape ... safety ... safety :D.....cows and calves in new grazing .[/img]

Could only dream of a field like that one! Bull won't be too happy I presume!

1chippy wrote: »
    I hear there are a couple of dealers in their these days who dont like seeing strangers bidding,

Do any dealers like strangers bidding :D

love the stone walls, great grass, lovely stock

• Advertisement

Figerty wrote: »
    Could only dream of a field like that one! Bull won't be too happy I presume!

No he fairly gave the esb poles in the fence a right going over ...luckly there is walls on three sides slowly replacing the 4" ones in as he breaks them , in a week or so he will be sauntering a round all quite again.no more action till next year ;):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

love the stone walls, great grass, lovely stock
    +1

And you're right, safety is the no 1 priority

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

s1ko.jpg
    Is that an MF65? How do you find it? Probably worth more now than what you paid for it? Great pics, by the way.

pakalasa wrote: »
    Is that an MF65? How do you find it? Probably worth more now than what you paid for it? Great pics, by the way.

No its a 1994 mf 390 , bought it new then with the shuttle gear box there is only 2600 hours genuine up on it . still has its original tyres :D , it has never giving a days trouble then again it was never left out a night and regularly serviced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

I meant an MF365. It looks a bit smaller than a 390 in the photo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭redzerologhlen

No he fairly gave the esb poles in the fence a right going over ...luckly there is walls on three sides slowly replacing the 4" ones in as he breaks them , in a week or so he will be sauntering a round all quite again.no more action till next year ;):D

Tasty Looking place and great stock!! I take it your in Galway or Roscommon going by the Walls!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

Do any dealers like strangers bidding :D

when their selling:rolleyes:, the opposite is the case around, loads of lads turn up to buy and only a few animals. so 6 fellows may go hammer and tongs at each other for only 3 cows:D. one mart I use could be as low as a dozen strong cattle during off peak times

nlbm.jpg
    2pu9.jpgqenv.jpg
    IMGs1ko.jpg
    i574.jpg
    udd4.jpg
    yg7w.jpg
    qyci.jpg

bull being separated from cows .... runway to his winter quarters all taped up with white tape ... safety ... safety :D.....cows and calves in new grazing .
    did i see those near shrule ?

Tasty Looking place and great stock!! I take it your in Galway or Roscommon going by the Walls!!

Close .... mayo

did i see those near shrule ?

No .... Within 30 miles

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement