Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Livestock/General Farming photo thread ***READ MOD NOTE IN POST #1***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

Kovu Murr wrote: »
    I think it's in the Charter for FF that no numbers be displayed.

Ah fair enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 839 ✭✭✭Dampintheattic

pakalasa wrote: »
    Nice Shorthorn bull calf from yesterdays ploughing.

Used Dovea Shorthorn Crega Dice a few years ago, on a right powerful white char cow. Got twins.
    Two lovely yellowish speckled coloured calves. Bull and heifer!! Didn't get to breed her unfortunately.
    Sold the heifer as a calf. The bull paid just as much as his herd mates, which were Charolais from char X cows.
    Planning on using him again next spring on another char cow in hope of a heifer. -;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Re the phone number and other details now obscured in the photo above, I think we'd be okay with leaving that on view.
    After all, the person involved has made those details publicly available themselves.

The prohibition on that sort of thing in the charter, and particularly on personal details in the text of posts, is to protect private individuals (both posters here and others) from spammers and other such nefarious characters who 'scrape' websites for contact details to aid them in their endeavours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Black with people there yesterday, seemed like Wednesday was the right day to go, we left before the infamous "shower" that had people running for their cars too, so not too bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

anyone else think the cattle displays were poor compared with years gone by?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭hugo29

Black with people there yesterday, seemed like Wednesday was the right day to go, we left before the infamous "shower" that had people running for their cars too, so not too bad.

was looking in that photo for the big man from Limerick in a pink shirt:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Cran

Thought the Limousin was back on other years, but the number of different breeds was very good. Compare to the sheep all squashed into one tunnel, seems only shearing sheep is interesting part of sheep! Thought the sheep ireland stand was very poor, back end of the tunnel hidden away why not out front where everyone walking past?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭leg wax

yes i have to agree,very poor.nothing there to make you think am i in the right breed ,do i need to change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

Looking at that photo of the crowd made my mind up to stay at home ,esp as it was raining when I looked out this morning, the people on the phones are probably saying where are you, even though the person they are calling is 3 feet away

leg wax wrote: »
    yes i have to agree,very poor.nothing there to make you think am i in the right breed ,do i need to change.

i was keeping an eye out for you in the blue tent Perc, thought you might have a few muscley weanling up?
    there was a part cow on show with a blue calf in PT tent, calf has muscle but looked be small poor enough i though

• Advertisement

Cran wrote: »
    Thought the Limousin was back on other years, but the number of different breeds was very good. Compare to the sheep all squashed into one tunnel, seems only shearing sheep is interesting part of sheep! Thought the sheep ireland stand was very poor, back end of the tunnel hidden away why not out front where everyone walking past?

Completely agree about the sheep, there's a load could have been seen/done there but just a handful of stands in one small tunnel was a poor show.

I was disappointed in SI as well, was speaking to them about a couple of things and the disinterest was poorly hidden. Are they serious about improving breeds or just a paycheck to be collected.

On the positive side had great conversations with one or two stands in the tunnel.

dharn wrote: »
    Looking at that photo of the crowd made my mind up to stay at home ,esp as it was raining when I looked out this morning, the people on the phones are probably saying where are you, even though the person they are calling is 3 feet away

It was grand early on, but from 10am onwards it started getting mobbed. We stopped using the walkways and were using rat runs behind the tents/stands to navigate the place, worked well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Marooned75

Three weeks sowed now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭leg wax

i was keeping an eye out for you in the blue tent Perc, thought you might have a few muscley weanling up?
    there was a part cow on show with a blue calf in PT tent, calf has muscle but looked be small poor enough i though
    blue men are only interested in the dairy man now for their bulls,and want too supply uncle larry with more cheap beef,a total disgrace as the blue is top of the class this year in the right marts with shippers,lim stand had weanlings suitable for shipping and bb stand were suitable for factory,the pt stands cows well shall we say were starved,have a look in the year book at pics of what they had come from,they did not stop eating the bed from under them for a couple of hours after been unloaded:D:D (joke)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭redzerologhlen

Cf61 heifer belonging to the girlfriends father. Was born the middle of April and touching 300kg now with no meal got. I have the buying of her if I want her. Has anyone else bred cf61 cows? His figures look got on icbf.

photo_zpsc76561b3.jpg

photo_zpsd0f65162.jpg

Cf61 heifer belonging to the girlfriends father. Was born the middle of April and touching 300kg now with no meal got. I have the buying of her if I want her. Has anyone else bred cf61 cows? His figures look got on icbf.

whats her mother like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

you have the buying the girlfriend or the heifer?
    tell him you will do a deal for both:pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭munkus

Good man Red, your auld lad had you well trained to find "a wan" with land. ;)

whats her mother like

Very milky big block of a charolais cow, I didnt do the heifer a whole pile of justice in the pics either really. Shes a fair beast in the flesh.

• Advertisement

naughto wrote: »
    you have the buying the girlfriend or the heifer?
    tell him you will do a deal for both:pac::pac:

She isint worth much anyway :rolleyes::p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

Wouldn't like having to get this lad in the crush for testing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Wouldn't like having to get this lad in the crush for testing

What's the point of that chain :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭quadboy

If 50 cent and the likes can have them so can he

Did they not have to take the snips to yourself before starting work, and now you're giving the poor bull a hard time :P

Did they not have to take the snips to yourself before starting work, and now you're giving the poor bull a hard time :P

11 ear piercings and 2 lip studs went on Monday.......

And a lobe stretch, which can't go as it's been there for so long!:pac:

• Advertisement

quadboy wrote: »
    If 50 cent and the likes can have them so can he

Well he's still not naked and hanging off a wrecking ball is he?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

If your happy enough to carry a tank of a cow, why not? I'd go for it, we have some PB Charolais cows that wouldn't flood the place with milk but they breed and rear powerful calves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Figerty

Well he's still not naked and hanging off a wrecking ball is he?:D

I saw that Bull yesterday.. he had a fair pair of wrecking balls...

11 ear piercings and 2 lip studs went on Monday.......

And a lobe stretch, which can't go as it's been there for so long!:pac:

Your image gets more intriguing every day, you will just have to post a pic and put us all out of our misery :)

dharn wrote: »
    Your image gets more intriguing every day, you will just have to post a pic and put us all out of our misery :)

My image shall not be posted.You may look through the 5-600 Karens on FB but you still won't find me:D

On ipad atm. Good lord how you work these things. Thought I was home and dry.

• Advertisement

A LM?!

My image shall not be posted.You may look through the 5-600 Karens on FB but you still won't find me:D

On ipad atm. Good lord how you work these things. Thought I was home and dry.

Not that desperate karen ! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

Very milky big block of a charolais cow, I didnt do the heifer a whole pile of justice in the pics either really. Shes a fair beast in the flesh.

Buy, you know you want to ;)

just do it wrote: »

I have a PIO HF, just wouldn't go incalf for us. Whjat d'ya reckon lads?

just do it wrote: »

Buy, you know you want to ;)

I know ya :D Id be happy enough Bizzum once shes easy fleshed, lean muscley types dont work in the winterage. She has some shoulder on her, Hard to beat ai really.

Why are the quotes all fecked up :confused:

Why are the quotes all fecked up :confused:

Cos you're doing them wrong :D

Cos you're doing them wrong :D

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVZNHE1vme91QGpBU7JwC6BDHkMotqk-bZsw70PQPrWvTBDLjB6A

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭stanflt

maize has started
    n1ii.jpg

a few calves grazing
    qeg3.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Bodacious

I got this fr x jr to rear a calf in july and bought new born twin lm x bull calves off of a neighbour and they now wiring into her, they out of a big cow and a great bull so will come into good cattle

zebra legs :-)

ACE2C60C_zpsc1eff8ac.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Richk2012

Was there today and we were just saying the very same in car on the way home

There was a small aubrac cow there tho with a culard ch calf about month old that caught my eye .
    A smashing calf from an average cow .

And then went into the BB area hoping to see some really good cattle and......
    Not one beast was standing , no joke .. :rolleyes:

Here's a BaX AA cow earmarked for culling. Her calf is off our own CH bull, and a bit plain for our liking.
    She bred only one top quality calf in her time.

Bollox, I can't attach the pic. I used to know, but now can't figure it out.

Richk2012 wrote: »
    Was there today and we were just saying the very same in car on the way home

There was a small aubrac cow there tho with a culard ch calf about month old that caught my eye .
    A smashing calf from an average cow .

And then went into the BB area hoping to see some really good cattle and......
    Not one beast was standing , no joke .. :rolleyes:

ya saw that calf, very nice, i like the aubracs
    was very disappointed with saler cow and char calf..a renowned cross we are told, calf had a big gut on him
    thought the blue heifer they were trying to raffle off looked out of it..probably had a drop of sleepy juice :rolleyes:

Bizzum wrote: »
    Here's a BaX AA cow earmarked for culling. Her calf is off our own CH bull, and a bit plain for our liking.

Maybe this time?

FFS I give up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭dar31

Stan
    How did the maize yield and how we're the cobs

Cutting ours next fine spell all the dry weather here and as soon as ya want to cut it pisses out of the heavens

was very disappointed with saler cow and char calf..a renowned cross we are told, calf had a big gut on him
    thought the blue heifer they were trying to raffle off looked out of it..probably had a drop of sleepy juice :rolleyes:

I like them myself, was doing a bit of research on them last week and Mayo seems to be the nearest breeder. Nice tidy sized cows and the seem to cross very well with a charolais.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Richk2012

Didnt pay to much heed to the salers if im honest so dont remember that calf .

Went into Progressive Genetics and seen a STQ heifer which wasnt upto much either .
    Dont get me wrong there was nothing wrong wit her what so ever , but iv seen stq calves posted on here before that would have left her sitting ..

But richie kavanaghs lovely singing made up for the lack of quality around :D:D

Maybe this time?

FFS I give up.
    :)

:-) Long threatening comes at last!

• Advertisement

And definitive proof that I'm a fun guy

:-)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement