Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Livestock/General Farming photo thread ***READ MOD NOTE IN POST #1***

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭onyerbikepat

Muckit wrote: »
    Perhaps there is a good reason why you use the reel the way you do? I just find it hard enough moving reel and stakes without lugging a bucket of stones also.
    This is for when using with battery fencer and no wire as such to hang reel on, just going from ditch to ditch. No where really to put reel. Twine used on both ends. Just unwind reel a little then and leave in bucket. Simples. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

This was a photo of the summer a full days mowing behind me. Over six months away now :'(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

Theres the first load of straw in :D

I will see your's and raise you my wall in progress from around sept time :), no wonder my animals love being inside

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

I will see your's and raise you my wall in progress from around sept time :), no wonder my animals love being inside
    Do you cover it all the way down to the ground or just the top ?

moy83 wrote: »
    Do you cover it all the way down to the ground or just the top ?

just cover the bare top with lorry covers if im not busy, otherwise the top bale goes for bedding and all other bales for feeding. If I had a teleporter to go 2 or 3 rows higher I wouldnt bother going up to cover the top

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Sharpshooter82

just cover the bare top with lorry covers if im not busy, otherwise the top bale goes for bedding and all other bales for feeding. If I had a teleporter to go 2 or 3 rows higher I wouldnt bother going up to cover the top
    compensating for something are we :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

This was a photo of the summer a full days mowing behind me. Over six months away now :'(

Tidy work there darragh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

So the girls are in the nailbar getting pampered? !

Should they not be on a trailer to the mart/factory?

One had a shoe on all summer and is gone v long in the clout. Wouldn't carry any weight so she had to be done. Other one wasn't great so did her as well.

She's the boss here no matter how big the dog is . At feeding time she picks the tasty bits form his bowl before he gets his nose in too !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

moy83 wrote: »
    She's the boss here no matter how big the dog is . At feeding time she picks the tasty bits form his bowl before he gets his nose in too !

fecking neighbours dog killed my last cat the other day, friggan annoying, nice old cat and now ive no cat on farm, if i get kittens I will have to be minding them for ages

• Advertisement

fecking neighbours dog killed my last cat the other day, friggan annoying, nice old cat and now ive no cat on farm, if i get kittens I will have to be minding them for ages

The sister drove over our cat a few weeks ago and we got that one there as a kitten , she got two weeks in the utility and then out the door all day after that . They are pretty hardy , you wont be too long at all minding them

Last years calves coming on. AAX heifer to be sold in the coming weeks. Might hold on to the FR bullocks till Jan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Got this from the site of the "Big Dig". To be fair, they are a lot clearer with the naked eye, and I would guess with my camera as opposed to my camera phone.

The red arrow on the far right is pointing to Mt Brandon down on the Dingle peninsula in Kerry, over 80 miles from where I was stood, there are two other distinct peaks visible to the East of Brandon today as well. I'd guess the one in the middle is Beenoskee. I think the ones on the far left are Caherconree and Baurtregaum close together like a saddle. Not so often we get to see them so I like mornings like today.

I don't mean the rocks in the sea either, look closely at the shadows on the horizon, that's them, hopefully the photo is good enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Marooned75

Delighted with the reseed

Marooned75 wrote: »
    Delighted with the reseed
    Came on well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Marooned75

This mild weather has really helped

Here's a few pictures of one of the AD plants that I'm involved in building in Northern Ireland
    The first and second picture is of the solid feeder.
    The 3rd and 4th pic is the 2 storage tanks that hold 1.7 million gallons between them
    Then one pic of the engine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Juniorhurler

Cheap yet effective silage pits

Ya, our silage pit was the same as that until this year on two sides until this year. I built a new shed and one side of it made a new wall and we filled in the back with a new wall when we were at it too. We used that system for over twenty years as we had an indoor pit and changed it to calf pens instead of building a new shed at the time. very little waste on the banks too if you roll it well when putting the silage in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭visatorro

Got this from the site of the "Big Dig". To be fair, they are a lot clearer with the naked eye, and I would guess with my camera as opposed to my camera phone.

The red arrow on the far right is pointing to Mt Brandon down on the Dingle peninsula in Kerry, over 80 miles from where I was stood, there are two other distinct peaks visible to the East of Brandon today as well. I'd guess the one in the middle is Beenoskee. I think the ones on the far left are Caherconree and Baurtregaum close together like a saddle. Not so often we get to see them so I like mornings like today.

I don't mean the rocks in the sea either, look closely at the shadows on the horizon, that's them, hopefully the photo is good enough.

Some lovely scenery in the country. Shame most people don't appreciate it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

Here's a few pictures of one of the AD plants that I'm involved in building in Northern Ireland
    The 3rd and 4th pic is the 2 storage tanks that hold 1.7 million gallons between them

Was it the crowd from Mullingar that supplied the pre-cast tanks? Or am I being too nosey?

Was it the crowd from Mullingar that supplied the pre-cast tanks? Or am I being too nosey?

The pre cast tanks are Macrete (from Toome in Northern Ireland) . 30 meter dia x 6 meter high. Best value we could get on this island.

Here's another couple of pictures of the engine and exhaust system
    It was getting dark by the time I got to take these

Here's another couple of pictures of the engine and exhaust system
    It was getting dark by the time I got to take these

any up close pictures of the The Gullewerk? any working in Ireland yet?

any up close pictures of the The Gullewerk? any working in Ireland yet?

None in Ireland yet. I'll throw ups few pictures of the gullewerk tomorrow when I'm on my laptop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭stanflt

The pre cast tanks are Macrete (from Toome in Northern Ireland) . 30 meter dia x 6 meter high. Best value we could get on this island.

did it leak yet

dont think theyll sell anymore in meath

• Advertisement

stanflt wrote: »
    did it leak yet

Bad job are they

did it leak yet

We do a water leak test before payment is made. Any sign of a leak is fixed before the final 30%. Has "word of mouth" affected their sales near your parish ;-)

Did they use the sealant on the inside of yours

We do a water leak test before payment is made. Any sign of a leak is fixed before the final 30%. Has "word of mouth" affected their sales near your parish ;-)

Did they use the sealant on the inside of yours

twice

especially after the first winter

plus 40metres more of concrete around the outside and inside

will put up a steel one next year

twice

especially after the first winter

plus 40metres more of concrete around the outside and inside

I'll report back if they start leaking....

I'll report back if they start leaking....

mine hasnt leaked since infairness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

NGS agri?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Bodacious

God you have them in great order. Be interesting to post a picture next spring to see how they fair out

Those cows are 3 weeks abroad on the hill now and they absolutely loving it... I don't know what the feed value of this sedge/heather (pic below) is but they tearing into it and always full so ill leave them be

photohill_zps2074c086.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

Bodacious wrote: »
    Those cows are 3 weeks abroad on the hill now and they absolutely loving it... I don't know what the feed value of this sedge/heather (pic below) is but they tearing into it and always full so ill leave them be

photohill_zps2074c086.jpg

fair old cover of stuff there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Bodacious

fair old cover of stuff there

not ate right for years! not all as good as this though.. furze had overtaken the heather and some areas impassable but they really getting into it now, spreading out .. wandering higher and to different parts etc

None in Ireland yet.

suppose you would do a good price so for a guinea pig?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭red bull

Two large one's were proposed in my area loads of planning objections. I visited a few plants in Holland and could see no problem with them

did it leak yet

Two installed by another manufacturer floated around here one weekend a few years ago. Did a number on a series of fittings and outlets built into the floor of the tank. Site foreman and contractors engineers were over-ruled by clients engineers, he wanted the tanks cleared for some sort of test to carried out immeadiately after the weekend. There was a lot of extra work done on that site on time rates not to mention an extra tank for the manufacturers.

The red arrow on the far right is pointing to Mt Brandon down on the Dingle peninsula in Kerry, over 80 miles from where I was stood, there are two other distinct peaks visible to the East of Brandon today as well. I'd guess the one in thdee middle is Beenoskee. I think the ones on the far left are Caherconree and Baurtregaum close together like a saddle. Not so often we get to see them so I like mornings like today.

Looking in the opposite direction when visibility is that good the local saying is "there's rain on the way". Good auld Irish optimism :rolleyes:

80 miles as the crow flies, how far away is it by road?

suppose you would do a good price so for a guinea pig?

To be honest bob, the germans are so tight that they'd charge you the full price but they'd throw in a carton of cigs and a box of Maguire & Patterson as a sweetner! I'm just involved in construction tho, so I don't know exact prices, just ball park figures.

Thank god I'm not involved in sales!!! I'd have to lie to farmers like you everyday. I couldn't deal with telling lies all day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭redzerologhlen

just do it wrote: »
    Looking in the opposite direction when visibility is that good the local saying is "there's rain on the way". Good auld Irish optimism :rolleyes:

80 miles as the crow flies, how fast away is it by road?

Id say about 6 hours!! Have you ever braved the road towards clifden? :D

• Advertisement

Once. I would never want to require emergency medical help out there esp if the nearest ambulance was in Galway. It's some road. We thought when we got to Galway we were more or less there:eek:. 4 kids in the back from 6 months to 9 years old. We got to Cornwall faster incl. the ferry.

Bodacious wrote: »
    not ate right for years! not all as good as this though.. furze had overtaken the heather and some areas impassable but they really getting into it now, spreading out .. wandering higher and to different parts etc

Theres a fair amount of cover on it, If you only knocked another few weeks out if it inself you will have a nice bit of silage saved.

Once. I would never want to require emergency medical help out there esp if the nearest ambulance was in Galway. It's some road. We thought when we got to Galway we were more or less there:eek:. 4 kids in the back from 6 months to 9 years old. We got to Cornwall faster incl. the ferry.

I drove up there in the snow a few years back...never again will I do that anyway.

Yup. I'd take a holiday in the wilds of connemara/ burren/ kerry ahead of the canaries any day. The West is Best ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

Are they standard concrete pipes used in the tank as columns

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭tanko

Yup. I'd take a holiday in the wilds of connemara/ burren/ kerry ahead of the canaries any day. The West is Best ;)

Did anyone see the programme on TG4 last nite about the family in Rosmuc? That man is a real farmer, was still cutting his hay with a scythe in 2006. You wouldnt see the likes of him on ear to the ground!!

GY A1 wrote: »
    Are they standard concrete pipes used in the tank as columns

Yeah, standard pipes, filled with concrete. We put them in for future expansion. They may never be used but its easier doing it now than 3 years time when its full of sh1te

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭ellewood

tanko wrote: »
    Did anyone see the programme on TG4 last nite about the family in Rosmuc? That man is a real farmer, was still cutting his hay with a scythe in 2006. You wouldnt see the likes of him on ear to the ground!!

Jesus he loved hardship

Lovely part of the country tho..

tanko wrote: »

What programme was it tanko, not a million miles from me.

You have to have at least 3 250k combine harvesters before you can get on ETTG ;)

• Advertisement

Welcome to call in if you're around these parts :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement