Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Livestock/General Farming photo thread ***READ MOD NOTE IN POST #1***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭severeoversteer

just do it wrote: »
    One of the drains put in this year. There's pleasure in the simplest of things :).
    sxag.jpg

is that drain dug with a vee bucket ?

what size stone did you use?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Sharpshooter82

jersey101 wrote: »
    Nah I'd don't think they have any thing to do with the river tbh. Gat lad that walks the river few times a year to check for pollution but that's about it

He be EPA I'd say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

Don't understand ye there

The OPW has carried out arterial drainage works up and down the country traditionally. They now operate a maintenance schedule, on which your river could be part of.
    There are also other vested interests of which you would need to acquaint yourself prior to any instream works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭jersey101

Bizzum wrote: »
    The OPW has carried out arterial drainage works up and down the country traditionally. They now operate a maintenance schedule, on which your river could be part of.
    There are also other vested interests of which you would need to acquaint yourself prior to any instream works.

Any way of finding out if I would be part of there scheme? I surely would have got a letter or something to say if I was??

Any way of finding out if I would be part of there scheme? I surely would have got a letter or something to say if I was??

I dunno what part of the country you're in but they main office in Trim, Co Meath that covers a large area. They'd be able to tell ya.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭jersey101

I dunno what part of the country you're in but they main office in Trim, Co Meath that covers a large area. They'd be able to tell ya.

In Wexford. I'll have a look into that. That river is eating away the field and is full to the brim with gravel.
    Brilliant stuff to make concrete with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭biddy2013

In Wexford. I'll have a look into that. That river is eating away the field and is full to the brim with gravel.
    they come round here-opw- every few years and clean out river, think they where here last year or the year before

You need to be very careful and not remove gravel from certain rivers. You could wind up with a lot of bother!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,499 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

He be EPA I'd say
    You need to be very careful and not remove gravel from certain rivers. You could wind up with a lot of bother!

Could you imagine the EPA man walking the bank and you horsing out the gravel from the river with a digger :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

New vasectomised bull in action. He didn't waste any time :D
    wuuc.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

Was down in bantry visiting the girlfriends home place for New Years and found the best menu ever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

wuuc.jpg

Are they on slats JDI ? How soon after he has them mounted do you ai them ?

moy83 wrote: »
    Are they on slats JDI ? How soon after he has them mounted do you ai them ?

They are but have easyfix rubber mats on them. Would you believe I had a chat with the ai man this morning about timing. From my experience of the 6-24hrs recommended window, you're better off closer to 24hrs. AI man's advice: closer to 6hrs for heifers as they are tricky to AI the longer you leave them. Closer to 24hrs for cows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,949 ✭✭✭delaval

wuuc.jpg
    Can't beat a good imagination;);)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,615 ✭✭✭stanflt

a few pics today

uxxs.jpg
    0jvx.jpg
    5qsc.jpg
    ylwz.jpg
    dq0e.jpg

They are but have easyfix rubber mats on them. Would you believe I had a chat with the ai man this morning about timing. From my experience of the 6-24hrs recommended window, you're better off closer to 24hrs. AI man's advice: closer to 6hrs for heifers as they are tricky to AI the longer you leave them. Closer to 24hrs for cows.
    I was just wondering do the snipped boys be quicker to mount than the real bull ? Ours would be at least 12 hrs after standing before they would get ai

stanflt wrote: »
    a few pics today

uxxs.jpg
    0jvx.jpg
    5qsc.jpg
    ylwz.jpg
    dq0e.jpg
    thats a thing of beauty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Bodacious

what ye using to upload photos now?
    I was using photobucket for ages and its gone gammy on me doesn't give the photo IMG code anymore to right click and paste

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Bodacious wrote: »
    I was using photobucket for ages and its gone gammy on me doesn't give the photo IMG code anymore to right click and paste

I mostly upload direct from the phone or laptop, means having to click on images but I got fed up with PB............ Uhm that said I used that flickr yoke a couple of times, but forget now what it's like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭exercise is the antidote

Improvising :)... Ha prob should be in the general gunteering thread!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Bodacious wrote: »

I use Imgur/Imageshack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,228 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

load straight to the laptop from the camera, then attach to the post using the "manage attachments" box down below the reply box. If that makes sense?

Kovu Murr wrote: »
    I use Imgur/Imageshack.

+1 straight from phone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

Improvising :)... Ha prob should be in the general gunteering thread!

Is that a 690 series massey

The old lad had a tip with the back wheel of the tractor , for once the cubicles were handy because the cattle were in there instead of out on the slats !

The old lad had a tip with the back wheel of the tractor , for once the cubicles were handy because the cattle were in there instead of out on the slats !

That would've hurt

Is that a 690 series massey

drove a 698 for years wrapping bales, well able to work. Just a pity about the cab rusting away

Reggie. wrote: »
    drove a 698 for years wrapping bales, well able to work. Just a pity about the cab rusting away
    This one still ploughs a good 100acres every year, engine rebuilt last year.. I have pics I must rustle them up!

• Advertisement

This one still ploughs a good 100acres every year, engine rebuilt last year.. I have pics I must rustle them up!
    4wd ill take it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

God I'm slow. ... l was wondering what you were showing us and thinking god that big toe space seems a great idea... v clean! Then I realised it was a fallen wall.

God bless the lad that stuck it up without tying it in! Those small bits of walls only a disasrer anyway I'd stick a small gate/personnel door in it now

4wd ill take it
    yup..

Muckit wrote: »
    God I'm slow. ... l was wondering what you were showing us and thinking god that big toe space seems a great idea... v clean! Then I realised it was a fallen wall.

God bless the lad that stuck it up without tying it in! Those small bits of walls only a disasrer anyway I'd stick a small gate/personnel door in it now

There is a four ft door the far side , so we might make it bigger . Or maybe just leave the gate tied across it !
    The flute that shuttered it ( not me ) had three pieces of tying wire going between the two uprights screwed in with self tappers , it did well to stay up thar long

There is a four ft door the far side , so we might make it bigger . Or maybe just leave the gate tied across it !
    The flute that shuttered it ( not me ) had three pieces of tying wire going between the two uprights screwed in with self tappers , it did well to stay up thar long
    weld bar across if ya replace it will ya

weld bar across if ya replace it will ya

Im surprised the father didnt do that at the time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

stand it up again and weld it in place with some flat plate, aka how concrete panels are done

stand it up again and weld it in place with some flat plate, aka how concrete panels are done

Good thinking , I think thats the solution now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭hugo29

not that sir bobs aint a good idea, but a door would be what i would go for

Curiosity got the better of me so I took a look. How many close calls do we all have every year like that? One question Moy. Why the two uprights?

Curiosity got the better of me so I took a look. How many close calls do we all have every year like that? One question Moy. Why the two uprights?
    for a door im guessing

• Advertisement

hugo29 wrote: »
    theres one to the left already

theres one to the left already

ahh so there is, well then, shall we proceed with sir bobs suggestion

One on the left is an up right for the shed and the one on the right is bolted to the floor as a pillar that the door closes into .

Would the steel welded to the two girders not be sound to hold it back in place ?

Would the steel welded to the two girders not be sound to hold it back in place ?
    if you got 2" flat plate, heavy guage and welded it to the top, bottom and middle on both sides it should be ok once you get good welds to the I beams. Might be over kill but id rather it too strong than too weak. Or you could bend the end of the plates around the I to the centre of the beam, then you have more area to weld and hold

One on the left is an up right for the shed and the one on the right is bolted to the floor as a pillar that the door closes into .

Just looking at it I thought the upright for the shed could have doubled up for the door as well. Now that I think of it it's probably better the way you've done it as it would be a wide door put under pressure when they are all at the feed barrier.

oh it would no bother, as reggie said couple flat plate cleats top and bottom, buts its an awful dog of a thing to just close up a small ope, would it not be useful to have a small access door there

typical from you, and your crowd:D knock this, put a window there as if it was no bother missus.:rolleyes: my panels are bolted in place with 100mm*10mm plate and some of them are up on 5m. they are actually just slotted in and not bolted as I change my mind regularly and don't like holed panels

typical from you, and your crowd:D knock this, put a window there as if it was no bother missus.:rolleyes: my panels are bolted in place with 100mm*10mm plate and some of them are up on 5m. they are actually just slotted in and not bolted as I change my mind regularly and don't like holed panels

ah but the offending piece has already fallen out and so i was advising to think outside the box, :D

the system you speak off is indeed a fine piece of craftmanship;)

ah but the offending piece has already fallen out and so i was advising to think outside the box, :D

the system you speak off is indeed a fine piece of craftmanship;)

you and your ideas are more suited to women. :D. Practical thinkers are the bane of you life:D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement