Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Livestock/General Farming photo thread ***READ MOD NOTE IN POST #1***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

moy83 wrote: »
    One on the left is an up right for the shed and the one on the right is bolted to the floor as a pillar that the door closes into .

Why was the door closing on bolted pillar not made longer in first place extending to barrier?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

Muckit wrote: »
    Why was the door closing on bolted pillar not made longer in first place extending to barrier?

Id say because a big door wasnt needed and would only get battered from the cattle at the barrier .

hugo29 wrote: »
    oh it would no bother, as reggie said couple flat plate cleats top and bottom, buts its an awful dog of a thing to just close up a small ope, would it not be useful to have a small access door there

I get you now , there is a small door already there right beside it though . So that small wall is just stopping the wind really and stopping the cattle getting out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

Moy83
    Now that you've an array of solutions where can we all send our invoices for consultancy advice? :D

just do it wrote: »
    Moy83
    Now that you've an array of solutions where can we all send our invoices for consultancy advice? :D

I'll PM my address to all the advisors and let ye send on the invoices . BUT please be patient when waiting for the cheques as I can only pay out when the co. turns a profit , and there are a few in ahead of you already !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

typical from you, and your crowd:D knock this, put a window there as if it was no bother missus.:rolleyes:
    thats known as making a feature out of it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,949 ✭✭✭delaval

Ye're all wrong, I'd just take off the roof;);)

delaval wrote: »

Send me on your invoice quick .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭jersey101

If your selling.......I'm in the market for a few sheds :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

you and your ideas are more suited to women. :D. Practical thinkers are the bane of you life:D

Hugo, do you think bob needs a feature wall and a mood board in the yard. It might help his "work flow" and the feng shui.

Hugo, do you think bob needs a feature wall and a mood board in the yard. It might help his "work flow" and the feng shui.

I'd say his mood board would look like that ones board on homeland. Bits everywhere on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭hugo29

I think a blow up doll might be best at this stage darragh,

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭RobinBanks

Going to try and upload a pic direct from my phone.

This is a HWN bull out of a CF52 cow, born a couple of hours ago. Never had such a big calf. I ran out out space on the jack. This is the first time this cow didn't calf herself so I knew there was trouble when she was taking so long. Photo probably doesn't do him justice but he is bigger than some of my calves that are 3 weeks old. I'm shocked at the size of him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

@Robinbanks, How Many days did she carry the Ch calf do ya know?
    Good looking outfit too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭J.O. Farmer

RobinBanks wrote: »

This is a HWN bull out of a CF52 cow, born a couple of hours ago. Never had such a big calf. I ran out out space on the jack. This is the first time this cow didn't calf herself so I knew there was trouble when she was taking so long. Photo probably doesn't do him justice but he is bigger than some of my calves that are 3 weeks old. I'm shocked at the size of him.

He's a smashing calf I'd say when he's standing up. What other breeding is in the cow as the calf looks like there's simmental or something coming through in colour.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Looks like he'd be ready to eat a saucepan of nuts instead of beestings! :D

290 days. She was A.I'd on the 21st of Mar. She is out of a SIM cow. I will take another pic in morn when he is up. I tried to lift him tonight but he is to heavy. I milked 3lts from her and stomach tubed it into him. Looking forward to seeing him up tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Smashing calf!

Anyone know how you can (or can you) show the pic itself rather than a link when uploading from an android phone or tablet? I have dropbox and skypath but can't seem to do it. Can do it on laptop no bother. Has to be a way.......

Muckit wrote: »
    Smashing calf!

Anyone know how you can (or can you) show the pic itself rather than a link when uploading from an android phone or tablet? I have dropbox and skypath but can't seem to do it. Can do it on laptop no bother. Has to be a way.......

Ya I was wondering the same muckit. Would love to know if it can be done

Best if luck with him

• Advertisement

290 days. She was A.I'd on the 21st of Mar. She is out of a SIM cow. I will take another pic in morn when he is up. I tried to lift him tonight but he is to heavy. I milked 3lts from her and stomach tubed it into him. Looking forward to seeing him up tomorrow.

When he's up it will show the size and shape right. I'd say he has nice wide shoulders as well as a good backend. If only every calf could have that quality.
    The SI in the cow should mean she has the milk to make a smashing weanling which is more important.

He'll be a fine calf dried off. Stick up a few more pics tomorrow, and I'd like a good look at the cow too;)

Upload photo from android using Imageshack. Copy link for forums and then paste it into the post on boards.ie.

The downside of android is each phone provider is set up differently. Samsung is straightforward but have recent experience with a SonyErisson and with that it seems they've decided why have only 1 step when you can have 5 instead:rolleyes:

Bizzum wrote: »
    He'll be a fine calf dried off. Stick up a few more pics tomorrow, and I'd like a good look at the cow too;)

No prob Bizzum. Cow isn't much to look at all! Ugly but effective :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

That's why it's good to see photos. The plainest cow in the field may produce the best weanling in the field every year while the fancy muscley one in the corner can give you a weed of a calf if she has no milk to feed it!

Substance over style. You've got your priorities right.

Beauty is what beauty does!

You're breeding em good Robin. Ch and BB, any other breeds and what Ch did ya use?

You're breeding em good Robin. Ch and BB, any other breeds and what Ch did ya use?

I have a nice landais heifer out of a lm/sim heifer. I posted a pic of her before she calved. I used PBT aswell but a very plain heifer calf. Will stick up a pic. I have 10 calves so far but the last 2 pics are the best calves! Looking through pics on my phone I am very discriminatory against plain calves!! I will take pics of the others just to prove Kovi's point about good looking cows having poor calves. Overall the calves are only average

I have a nice landais heifer out of a lm/sim heifer. I posted a pic of her before she calved. I used PBT aswell but a very plain heifer calf. Will stick up a pic. I have 10 calves so far but the last 2 pics are the best calves! Looking through pics on my phone I am very discriminatory against plain calves!! I will take pics of the others just to prove Kovi's point about good looking cows having poor calves. Overall the calves are only average

Yeah, stick up a few pics. Why are the calves average do ya think, is milk an issue? Or cow quality? Or what?

• Advertisement

Yeah, stick up a few pics. Why are the calves average do ya think, is milk an issue? Or cow quality? Or what?

I used allot of maternal bulls this year hoping for good replacements. Hasn't worked out to well. Perfect example is 2 CWI calves that I will post pics of. Bull and heifer but both a tall with no shape

Sunday brunch

Sunday brunch

They seem happy out there

Sunday brunch

Ah lord bless us, I hope you're getting the disadvantaged area payment having to farm in those conditions ;):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

the shag up yesterday seems to have thrown up pictures you posted in July Delaval

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

Sunday brunch

I didn't realise these topless cubicles were actually in a field with no concrete underneath.... and no actual cubicles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

I didn't realise these topless cubicles were actually in a field with no concrete underneath.... and no actual cubicles

Dels taking low cost to a whole new level! Anyways Del, how often are you moving them? By the look of that field, every few days?

just do it wrote: »
    Ah lord bless us, I hope you're getting the disadvantaged area payment having to farm in those conditions ;):D

Well here's the rub, I get a dis payment in part if that farm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,081 ✭✭✭td5man

Thats not fair, i'm ringing my ifa man. ;-)

• Advertisement

td5man wrote: »
    Thats not fair, i'm ringing my ifa man. ;-)

Its easy see what Delaval was out canvassing. No such thing as a free dinner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭rancher

My disadvantaged land only yielded 4.5 ton wheat/acre when I had it in tillage 20 years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

That's it, I'm going building a jetty on my sisters land to ship water to the Arabs.

Here ya go Bizzum. I am not able to get a better pic of the calf because he still cant stand up. He will try to stand when I lift him but he falls down as soon as he puts weight on his legs. I am still feeding him with the stomach tube he wont even suck the bottle for me now. I will give him till tomorrow evening and then I will call the vet. He seems happy enough besides though.

uj4u.jpg

0pxq.jpg

Keep lifting the calf and try a few times a day to limber out his legs, pay attention to the joints. It can be a vicious circle, the longer down they are the harder it can be to get them up and goin.
    Ya can see the bit of Sim in the cow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭limo_100

Here ya go Bizzum. I am not able to get a better pic of the calf because he still cant stand up. He will try to stand when I lift him but he falls down as soon as he puts weight on his legs. I am still feeding him with the stomach tube he wont even suck the bottle for me now. I will give him till tomorrow evening and then I will call the vet. He seems happy enough besides though.

uj4u.jpg

0pxq.jpg

put him over a square bale and leave him on it for a while it will let the blood flow to his legs and bring his power to him

• Advertisement

She is a fair ball of a cow Robin

opt_IMG_20140107_094917.jpg
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/811/0g4g.jpg
    First spring Calvert. 12 days early

Fair bag on her also, are you sure she wasn't AI'd 3wks early and has pushed over?

Timmaay wrote: »
    Fair bag on her also, are you sure she wasn't AI'd 3wks early and has pushed over?

Nope it was her first serve

jersey101 wrote: »
    Nope it was her first serve

She give a heifer? What sire?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement