Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Livestock/General Farming photo thread ***READ MOD NOTE IN POST #1***

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

Muckit wrote: »
    I'm not really mad on metal on metal. Very weary of it sliding off. Timber will bed in. I know they are rated but always think those rachets on stands ain't up to much either. Give me a good round of larch any day, if it'll hold up a tree, it'll support tractor axle!

Ah, but the pencil pusher will be looking for the CE mark on the block of larch and the S.W.L. tag :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭dar31

Should have fixed them pins when I found out :(https://imageshack.us/a/img24/2350/svo9.jpg

Denbys in ferns should be able to re do it, depending on how far gone it is
    They done Axel on moffett for me a few times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

dar31 wrote: »
    Denbys in ferns should be able to re do it, depending on how far gone it is
    They done Axel on moffett for me a few times

Ye they have the bearings and all. 50e for each side. Mechanic said it might be able to be welded he gas to see it first before he knows though

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭porter shark

Calendar farming

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

What a waste..

I pass this ground regularly.. Its better than the picture shows with about 20 good acres being essentially left idle..

One cut of "silage" taken in July/August and the bales are just sitting where they dropped then..

Same last two years, year before that it was reseeded..

4ErnhY_thumb.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

bbam wrote: »
    What a waste..

I pass this ground regularly.. Its better than the picture shows with about 20 good acres being essentially left idle..

One cut of "silage" taken in July/August and the bales are just sitting where they dropped then..

4ErnhY_thumb.jpg
    i do see that regular about the country, it never ceases to amaze me

Reggie. wrote: »
    i do see that regular about the country, it never ceases to amaze me

Neighbour aver the road has brilliant land maybe 100 acres has about 20 sucklers.
    Was top notch farmer when we arrived 10 yr ago not a weed in sight and all green lush fields.
    All gone to pot now what ever happened. Full of rushes and all over grown.
    Shame to see it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Username John

What a waste..

4ErnhY_thumb.jpg
    Neighbour aver the road has brilliant land maybe 100 acres has about 20 sucklers.
    Was top notch farmer when we arrived 10 yr ago not a weed in sight and all green lush fields.
    All gone to pot now what ever happened. Full of rushes and all over grown.
    Shame to see it

As much as it is a shame to see, ye can hate it all ye want lads, it's not yer land so not much ye can do :o;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Is he doing it just to draw SFP or is there another reason?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭razor8

What a waste..

4ErnhY_thumb.jpg

Is that in bailieboro?

• Advertisement

Few photos of this years calves i just bought in

Last pic didnt load up right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

What sort of wall covering or divider is that in the background behind some of the calves?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭visatorro

Best of luck with them, hope they leave a profit for ya

What sort of wall covering or divider is that in the background behind some of the calves?

That's strictly need to know information, and particularly need to know if you're looking for Kinnegad or Mullingar :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

That's strictly need to know information, and particularly need to know if you're looking for Kinnegad or Mullingar :cool:

I need to know badly. :-)

visatorro wrote: »
    Best of luck with them, hope they leave a profit for ya
    Cheers, so do I ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,294 ✭✭✭tanko

Lovely colouring on those red white head calves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

razor8 wrote: »
    Is that in bailieboro?

yes, Cavan road

What sort of feeder you using Reggie?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Bodacious

The hired Tits

photo_zps237caebe.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭RobinBanks

Bodacious wrote: »
    The hired Tits

Two nice looking calves there Bod. Are they angus? No bother to that cow to feed a few calves by the looks of things

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Bodacious

RobinBanks wrote: »
    Two nice looking calves there Bod. Are they angus? No bother to that cow to feed a few calves by the looks of things

They twin bulls I bought off of a neighbour where cow was a factory job.. They lim out of blue grey AAX cow... That cow reared big white LGL bull weanling already .. 3 continental bulls in 1 year! I bulled her with my own lim a week ago.. Held off on bulling her as she would have more milk for the 2 boys

What sort of feeder you using Reggie?
    A 6 teat milkflo compartment feeder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭dar31

yesterday was the first day that felt like spring around here, managed to get a few load of urea out on the drier ground, and it was the 6th day cows have been grazing so far, ground is improving on a hourly basis, a bit of sun and a strong wind doing wonders to day.
    picture dose no justice to how the hill looked in the sunshine, lifts the spirits a bit

295235.jpg

Calendar farming

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

is that shoot on the back of the tanker

GY A1 wrote: »
    is that shoot on the back of the tanker

Yeah. Couldn't dream bout travelling fields round here
    Saw a 12 tonne digger pullin some header round a field spreading yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

Calendar farming

Those side shooters are a grest job.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

TITANIUM. wrote: »
    Those side shooters are a grest job.

They are but its a pity to have to put out slurry that way . Its a PITA doing three trips up the side of a road and having to leave it at that .
    We could have spread most of the fields around here during the first two weeks of december and it would have done alot more good than whats being spread in these conditions . I wont let an opportunity like that pass me next December !

Put holes in myself and my new waterproofs today taking a shortcut across some barbed wire :rolleyes:

Bit of fencing, nothing to strain the wire to so had to set up another stake. The uphill section will be fun.....

Put holes in myself and my new waterproofs today taking a shortcut across some barbed wire :rolleyes:

Bit of fencing, nothing to strain the wire to so had to set up another stake. The uphill section will be fun.....

Rather you than me

Rather you than me

Don't mind hills, but when there's a few different gradients on them and a corner at the top......... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

Been a while since I posted in here but took a few pics the other day, how do I upload hem on here? Been that long that I have forgot:o

gplf.jpg

96fq.jpg

douh.jpg

Cerberus x Sympa born on 6th of Feb 2013

5 Star Maternal, 5 Star Terminal, 5 Star Carcass Weight, 5 Star Carcass Confirmation and 4 Star Daughter Milk

Muscle score of 133, Skeletal of 132 and Function of 111

• Advertisement

Nice one MM

Wilodge Vantastic x Ampertaine Abracadabra

Born August 13th, weighed on 31st of January at 320kg which is an average daily gain of over 1.6kg/day.

4 and a half star Maternal, 4 and a half star terminal, 5 Star Carcass Weight, 5 Star Carcass Confirmation and 3 and a half Star Daughter Milk

123.5 Muscle, 121.5 Skeletal and 108 Function

cq02.jpg

w2aa.jpg

lh3x.jpg

dpr0.jpg

Haltcliffe Dancer heifer born on 3rd of October 2013, weighed at 206kg on 31st of January which is and average daily gain of just under 1.4kg/day

xd4w.jpg

ij9b.jpg

18xl.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭onyerbikepat

Whats the Cerberus bull like for docility?

Whats the Cerberus bull like for docility?

On paper not great, he only has one star -0.17% but reliability is low at only 38% but as you can see he is halter trained and he is actually one of the quietest bulls we have bred.

He will stand up in the pin and we can go in and rub him or brush him and he will just stand there, what I find with them is that if they are halter trained at a young age it makes a huge difference

• Advertisement

Hill worked out easier than I thought. Another hour or two here or there should see the place stock proof again.

Hill worked out easier than I thought. Another hour or two here or there should see the place stock proof again.

Cool breeze off that shoreline I bet con

Cool breeze off that shoreline I bet con

Can be, not a tree between me and Antarctica there :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭sheebadog

Gorgeous country there Con. Any grouse on that hill?

sheebadog wrote: »
    Gorgeous country there Con. Any grouse on that hill?

No, not for a long time. My Dad remembers the last grouse chicks around, they got picked off one by one by greycrows!

There were signs in the last two years locally about a grouse project but I don't know if anything came of it or not.

Can be, not a tree between me and Antarctica there :pac:

And a bear of a man standing on the hill

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Sorry about quality of my camera phone, U=3- Aubrac X angus bull cashed in last week. One on left is not mine.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

No, not for a long time. My Dad remembers the last grouse chicks around, they got picked off one by one by greycrows!

There were signs in the last two years locally about a grouse project but I don't know if anything came of it or not.

I think they had a few counts on hills closer to me Con and found a few .

blue5000 wrote: »
    Sorry about quality of my camera phone, U=3- Aubrac X angus bull cashed in last week. One on left is not mine.

Have you many of them killed now blue ? And are you happy with that cross ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,294 ✭✭✭tanko

blue5000 wrote: »

Very nice, what age and weight was he?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement