Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Livestock/General Farming photo thread ***READ MOD NOTE IN POST #1***

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Mad4simmental

.Kovu. wrote: »
    I'm in love with the first lass. She has beautiful markings and a nice head.

Was just going to ask, she has the look of a CwHf alright.

Ya sum thing diffrent isn't she, I still stare at her not many marked like her, all heifers about 500kg and about two years old,

Muckit wrote: »
    God they'll make great cows!

Hope so muckit,

First calf born here in about 10 years. God I missed that buzz!! Nice strong heifer. :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭on the river

First calf born here in about 10 years. God I missed that buzz!! Nice strong heifer. :-)

beautiful animals .:):)

whos the father ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭onyerbikepat

No shortage of milk there.;)

• Advertisement

beautiful animals .:):)

whos the father ?

I must look back and see, We got a handful of in calf 2nd calvers. It was his sim stock bull. Ill see who he is by and put it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Last septembers reseed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

I think l've stopped the leak :D

8th March

8th March

You near a river or lake muckit?
    Sum 10-10-20 from the boat itl be fine, lol

• Advertisement

You near a river or lake muckit?
    Sum 10-10-20 from the boat itl be fine, lol

Neither, a turlough.

Going with the third run of CAN now after the dinner :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,498 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

About bloody time as we were starting to get wet up here from it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Here don't stop it entirely, you'll be choked with dust now until September.

Here don't stop it entirely, you'll be choked with dust now until September.

You're right will go as tough as old boots once flood goes down. Hard to believe l took silage bales off it last June!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

You're right will go as tough as old boots once flood goes down. Hard to believe l took silage bales off it last June!!

When do you think you'll be grazing it again?
    Is the grass fecked in that now or will it grow back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭ellewood

Was over in neighbours this morning, come here to see this he sais, half a shed of calves out of fr cows off a pb ch bull I had left over after sales last spring
    Wouldnt have great bloodlines for easy calving but 16 calvings and 18 live bull calves He had 2 other bulls at the time and none of them working so hes happy out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭ellewood

more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭jt65

got caught in the queue again this morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,228 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

jt65 wrote: »
    got caught in the queue again this morning

You have the 10/60 looking good, and a cab! Flash Basket-d!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,307 ✭✭✭tanko

Is that castlerea?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

I suppose in 50 yrs time someone will look at a photo of land cruisers and ifor williams trailers outside a mart and think ffs they all look the same;)

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Bodacious

Last calf BBQ heifer unassisted out of lim x 2nd calver
    photo1_zps44793e83.jpg

photo2_zps0c9c501f.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭dh1985

Bodacious wrote: »
    Last calf BBQ heifer unassisted out of lim x 2nd calver
    photo1_zps44793e83.jpg

photo2_zps0c9c501f.jpg

Good grass also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭on the river

Great grass . you must have reseeded and spread alot of fertizler on it. very very green:)

Great grass . you must have reseeded and spread alot of fertizler on it. very very green:)

Would you believe it but that bit was never reseeded... Just graze it tight enough, run chain harrow over it to spread dung pats (no sheep yet) and fert/ lime ..mcpa killed off all the rubbish and keeping it short has encouraged a better sward.. That field got seaweed too though .. I rate it highly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

That field got seaweed too though .. I rate it highly

God made the world and seaweed made that field:D

I'll just leave this here!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qk-03oFgvyQ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭GrandSoftDay

God made the world but seaweed made that field boy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭onyerbikepat

.. That field got seaweed too though .. I rate it highly
    Do you cut it yerself?

At different tides .. Good clean drift weed comes into beach/shore .. You have to get it quick before bottle tops, sanitary towels fishing line etc start landing on it .. I load her onto flat 6ft x 4ft trailer on quad and straight out on land = handled once .. It's hard work but it definitely makes grass more palatable as cows can pick out the areas that have had weed on it

• Advertisement

Mandatory viewing for farmers :D :pac:

At different tides .. Good clean drift weed comes into beach/shore .. You have to get it quick before bottle tops, sanitary towels fishing line etc start landing on it .. I load her onto flat 6ft x 4ft trailer on quad and straight out on land = handled once .. It's hard work but it definitely makes grass more palatable as cows can pick out the areas that have had weed on it

Absolutely unreal how much plastic is in the sea. Floating garbage patches even interfered with the debris search for the missing plane :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Mandatory viewing for farmers :D :pac:

And the clergy and Yanks or any other blow-in types:eek:

And the clergy and Yanks or any other blow-in types:eek:

There's an idea now, a "The Field" exam for anyone wishing to move into the countryside to live, that'd go down well :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

There's an idea now, a "The Field" exam for anyone wishing to move into the countryside to live, that'd go down well :D

Based on the Play or the film? The film makers took some liberties with the script!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

based on the Play or the film. The film makers took some liberties with the script!

I went to see it here the other night. A couple of people complained after that it was so different from the film. I'd have battered them with a script if it was close to hand:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,278 ✭✭✭frazzledhome

Can't beat a good breakfast

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Damo810

it definitely makes grass more palatable as cows can pick out the areas that have had weed on it

I presume that is to do with the sodium in it. The same stuff they add to I think its 'sweetgrass' to increase the palatability.

My lovely horse running through the fields.... where are you going with your fetlocks blowing in the.... wind :D

My lovely horse running through the fields.... where are you going with your fetlocks blowing in the.... wind :D

Dougall for the Aga Khan :pac:

That looks EXACTLY like one near me. :eek::eek: Did you see him on your travels or is he yours.

• Advertisement

That looks EXACTLY like one near me. :eek::eek: Did you see him on your travels or is he yours.

SNAP!

God no he's not mine! Passed him along the road and he looking out the gateway at the passing traffic, look at him, sure l had to pull up for a photo! Gas he barely reached the fourth bar of the gate!

God no he's not mine! Passed him along the road and he looking out the gateway at the passing traffic, look at him, sure l had to pull up for a photo! Gas he barely reached the fourth bar of the gate!

I'd nearly swear that's little Bobby near us. Did you see him in Leitrim? That will answer it!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

Tis driving faster I'd be when I see them hoors incase one of the young lads gets a notion of bringing one home

I'd nearly swear that's little Bobby near us. Did you see him in Leitrim? That will answer it!:D

Nope in co. Galway

Nope in co. Galway

I'll get a snap of his doppelganger soon for you. :pac:

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    SNAP!

That is one beautiful pony. Is he experienced and what age? Is he hunted? I'd be very interested when that child grows out of him

That is one beautiful pony. Is he experienced and what age? Is he hunted? I'd be very interested when that child grows out of him

From a riding school near Trim,in Meath, last summer. Too many Ponies, not enough Mammies with the readies anymore. Had choice of 6. Will do her for a few years yet, but if things change, will drop you a line, thanks.

And he is 8 years old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,498 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

From a riding school in Meath, last summer. Too many Ponies, not enough Mammies with the readies anymore. Will do her for a few years yet, but if things change, will drop you a line, thanks.

Yeah that seems to be the problem at the moment anyways. Too many ponies not enough money

From a riding school in Meath, last summer. Too many Ponies, not enough Mammies with the readies anymore. Will do her for a few years yet, but if things change, will drop you a line, thanks.

Always nervous of riding school ponies as they seem to be programmed to go in clockwise circles a bit like circus ponies.

Any change let me know, cheers

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement