Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Livestock/General Farming photo thread ***READ MOD NOTE IN POST #1***

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭redzerologhlen

dar31 wrote: »
    where do you start.
    redzer would love it....
    199323.jpg
    199324.jpg

Im getting slightly aroused alright :p

I nearly had ye convinced I had no good land :p

photo-73.jpg

Old shorthorn cow with a button tag and her calf from last year underneath. Calf a bit raggedy after the winter outside.

photo-74.jpg

photo-76.jpg

It will never fail to amaze me how much cattle can improve in the space of a month.
    From this

photo-79.jpg

To this

photo-75.jpg
    photo-77.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

Thats my uncles bull I'd swear vander!! I took this pic of him 2 weeks ago. 1150 kgs, €2200

photo-59.jpg

looks like him alright, why did sell him do you mind me asking. he looked a serious animal, looked good on his feet also, i wonder did he go to factory

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

If he's sold on I can check his tag no to see where he ended up. Provided that's ok by the nephew!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

photo-73.jpg

Is that the lawn Redzer? :D I don't think I've that much flat land put together :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

johngalway wrote: »
    Does your neighbour do expensive horseback tours by any chance Muckit?

No John. He has a stud

Karen112 wrote: »
    If he's sold on I can check his tag no to see where he ended up. Provided that's ok by the nephew!
    He was 7 years vander and he had a few heifers out of him and he got a bit heavy over the winter so he said he'd trade in for a young lad. I have his number written down at home Karen because I was checking him up on icbf, I will put it up there tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

photo-73.jpg
    It's like the Bull McCabe's field!

Karen its IE18-13021-5-0077

Is that the lawn Redzer? :D I don't think I've that much flat land put together :pac:
    As good as John, its right in front of the house, 20 acres is a big lawn though :)
    just do it wrote: »
    It's like the Bull McCabe's field!

I was waiting for that!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

Some amount of back breaking work, over the years went in to making that field alright. Any idea how deep the soil is there?

A few of this year's calves from our huge herd...:D

Bulls first.

HWN - Cow : Muscley Red Simm
    CF85 - cow : Plain White Simm
    FHZ - Cow : Big red Lim by MBU
    NHL - HKG Heifer :this is the 'stupid calf' that I posted about earlier

and heifers...

IDB - 2 days old, good frame for a BB, nice calf overall,no musle yet
    IS4 - born early Jan, from best cow (Yellow Char in pic), hope to breed for this calf
    NHL - very small when born but muscle coming now

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Pakalasa, great calves there, how old are the bulls?

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

pakalasa wrote: »
    Some amount of back breaking work, over the years went in to making that field alright. Any idea how deep the soil is there?

There is well over a foot in it pak!! That seppa teejay heifer is lovely looking. Nice long and growthy. Has the makings of a fine cow yet!!!

Met a bit of a traffic jam early this morning, Feckin wild goats!!

photo-80.jpg

blue5000 wrote: »
    Pakalasa, great calves there, how old are the bulls?
    Thanks Guys. I did get down low to take pics, as 'Snowman' recomended...
    Age bulls
    HWN - 3 weeks, FHZ & NHL - 4 weeks, CF85 - 6 weeks,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭dar31

took a spin up the wicklow hills to deliver some cows this morning
    200444.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭leg wax

!cid_cidImage2.jpg

!cid_cidImage.jpg2 sutans enjoying the sunshine .my favorite of all the older calves

Let the 15 heifers off with a blonde bull yesterday, will let ye know next year whether it was a good or a bad idea. Hes meant to be very easy calving and breeding good quality calves!!

photo-81.jpg

• Advertisement

There is well over a foot in it pak!! That seppa teejay heifer is lovely looking. Nice long and growthy. Has the makings of a fine cow yet!!!

Met a bit of a traffic jam early this morning, Feckin wild goats!!

photo-80.jpg

My trigger fingers a-itchin :D

whats the blonde bull by and when would you expect them to start calving

leg wax wrote: »
    whats the blonde bull by and when would you expect them to start calving

Around the start of February I suppose given they bring a bit of time. I only have the loan of him to bull them and never asked what he was by. I know two different lads that have calves out of him and they said they are very good calves and easy calved too. Hes shook enough after the winter but I'll get a proper pic of him in a few weeks time when hes looking his best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

fr369.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    pure bred ch heifer, ai'd to thrunton bonjovi the other day, thought she was in calf to osi but saw her bulling the other day :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 858 ✭✭✭tismesoitis

Jasus i love this thread great pics and great stock lads!! keep them comin. I must try puttin up a few me self only prob is i'd nearly have to take a half day to do it i'm that ****e wit d google machine:D

!cid_cidImage 3.jpg fhz heifer out of red lim

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭josephsoap

Spotted this passing through North Leitrim the other day

!cid_cidImage2.jpg

!cid_cidImage.jpg2 sutans enjoying the sunshine .my favorite of all the older calves

Nice blues there Legwax. The grass must be sweet, they've it well grazed out. Do you keep sheep?

Muckit wrote: »
    Nice blues there Legwax. The grass must be sweet, they've it well grazed out. Do you keep sheep?
    well spotted no sheep here yet ,yes grass gone scarce down here but not as bare all over the field,they are very happy and the cows and calves are in super condition.

well spotted no sheep here yet ,yes grass gone scarce down here but not as bare all over the field,they are very happy and the cows and calves are in super condition.

That's 'golfball grazing' at it's best :D Great dry land there for this time of the year too, not a poach mark to be seen. Cows are great to clean out so long as you don't spoil them moving them on too quick. Once growth picks up again you'I have great quality grass coming ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Richk2012

!cid_cidImage2.jpg

Super shapey calves . What age are they???

• Advertisement

Richk2012 wrote: »
    Super shapey calves . What age are they???
    sept- oct

Well, Dad keeps on saying he doesn't want twins...

I just can't figure it why he's unhappy with this situation :confused:

20120415_175935.jpg

:D:D:D:D:D

They're never happy!

First triplets ever for us :)

!cid_cidImage5.jpg

!cid_cidImage6.jpg

!cid_cidImage7.jpg
    some of the heifers i bought for the bull ,something for everone a blonde,aubrac,part.

12.jpg

55.jpg

!cid_cidImage88.jpg
    a lim,blonde,and aubrac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

!cid_cidImage5.jpg

!cid_cidImage6.jpg

!cid_cidImage7.jpg
    some of the heifers i bought for the bull ,something for everone a blonde,aubrac,part.

Super cattle on both the posts legwax. I'd love the second heifer in the first post. What will you cross them with? And dare I ask about the price if they were bought in:p

Rocky purebred cow with Tanko bull at foot. Turning into a powerful calf!!

photo-84.jpg

photo-85.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

!cid_cidImage5.jpg

!cid_cidImage6.jpg

!cid_cidImage7.jpg

Does this mean you've changed your mind on Aubracs then? What bull(s) will you be using?

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

Super cattle on both the posts legwax. I'd love the second heifer in the first post. What will you cross them with? And dare I ask about the price if they were bought in:p
    the part bull is going with them,aubracs weighed 450kilo 1120.blonde 455 kilo 1400 euro,part 420 kilo 980 euro,lim 460 kilo 1420 euro.

blue5000 wrote: »
    Does this mean you've changed your mind on Aubracs then? What bull(s) will you be using?
    they are out of lims so i said i would give them a go ,they are not my type of heifer but i took them and if i see something better they will get the gate,part bull going in with 20 heifers soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Richk2012

Whats the rocky cow like for milk ???

• Advertisement

First triplets ever for us :)

Congrats with the triplets John! Will she be able to rear them herself?

Congrats with the triplets John! Will she be able to rear them herself?

I wanted to farm the smallest guy out onto a single bearing ewe, but Dad wants to give her a go with them. She's certainly got a big bag of milk, all the same the three (two rams and a ewe)between them swamped a 500ml bottle of milk replacer. We agreed to see how she goes, if things aren't great I'll try to adopt out the small guy, Dad wanted to make a pet of him in that case so I figure there's nothing to be lost in trying.

Shes belong to one of the friends. He asked me to put up the pic of her. He should be along soon so I will let him fill you in. She doesnt seem too milky to me but the calf is doing well.

Shes belong to one of the friends. He asked me to put up the pic of her. He should be along soon so I will let him fill you in. She doesnt seem too milky to me but the calf is doing well.

I hope he is going to leave him entire. He has the makings of a nice bull ;)

I hope he is going to leave him entire. He has the makings of a nice bull ;)

If he took the birdizoo to that lad I would take the birdizoo to himself ;):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

Serious quality cattle and pics since I was on here last. If I was to thank them all, the trigger finger would wear out!
    So I'll thank you all now.
    I must get going with a few pics myself again soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 LiosDuin

how ye boys!there'll be no burdizoo used on him,might let him bull a few heifers this time next year all goin well,hatcliffe dancer next for the cow im thinkin

• Registered Users Posts: 7 LiosDuin

she's slack enough now in fairness but has him reared well so far,have other cross bred heifers by rocky,not sure if they'l be much good in the line of milk goin by his figures

Bizzum wrote: »
    Serious quality cattle and pics since I was on here last.
    I must get going with a few pics myself again soon.

Don't worry Bizzum. You're still in the top three :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Seaba

I always love looking at other peoples stock so I went a bit mad with the iPhone and here are a few of ours.

1st & 2nd pic is of the C sectioned heifer and black bull calf. Disappointed she had not a better bag of milk but she was just 2 yrs old last week - at least thats what the date of the card says! Lovely quiet heifer tho. Might bag next year.
    3rd pic - a DEZ bull calf off a shorthorn cow.
    4th pic - a 12 yr old cow LM & BB (AZL) calf. Pic does calf no justice. Cow is what she always was - a bit scrawny but brings a good calf and good bag of milk
    5th pic - daughter of 12yr old - 8 yr old LM with BB (AZL) calf. Quiet animals but they kept moving on me so thats as close as I could get! Serious calf. Great back/arse and a great shine off him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement