Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Livestock/General Farming photo thread ***READ MOD NOTE IN POST #1***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭stanflt

maize pic taken same date one year ago
    gw8e.jpg
    kov5.jpg

yesterday same field
    9llv.jpg
    0lmi.jpg
    fkrd.jpg
    1qft.jpg

some home blending
    ctd8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭C0N0R

:rolleyes:
    quadboy wrote: »
    Marmalade and jam

It's a good one, gave me a laugh when I remembered it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

stanflt wrote: »
    maize pic taken same date one year ago
    gw8e.jpg

are you sure thats not a picture from 25th of June last year??

some home blending
    ctd8.jpg

great to see there is more than one messer than myself blending fert in such a way:). I better not mention the day I decided to blend some lumpy stuff in the diet feeder :mad:

are you sure thats not a picture from 25th of June last year??

I wish it was bob

With the wet year and it took a serious hammering from spraying in early June that it stayed yellow for 8 weeks- most of it was under water for 3 weeks

Yielded 5 tonne acre

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

I wish it was bob

With the wet year and it took a serious hammering from spraying in early June that it stayed yellow for 8 weeks most of it was under water for 3 weeks

Yielded 5 tonne acre

Owch, thats one of the worst yeilds I've heard, but I bet you're glad you stuck with it this year, I know lads who swore never again after last year, and now kicking themselves. The neighbour reckons his will yeild 22ton/acre, what are you hoping for?

Timmaay wrote: »
    Owch, thats one of the worst yeilds I've heard, but I bet you're glad you stuck with it this year, I know lads who swore never again after last year, and now kicking themselves. The neighbour reckons his will yeild 22ton/acre, what are you hoping for?

Our best yield was 22 tonne and maybe just maybe we will hammer it this year

I wish it was bob

With the wet year and it took a serious hammering from spraying in early June that it stayed yellow for 8 weeks- most of it was under water for 3 weeks

Yielded 5 tonne acre

Plenty of maize yields 5 ton per acre but you wont win a willy waving contest saying as such. Best crop I ever had done around 11t ac cut the 5 of Dec 10. Dm around 50%, taught we would never get it cut

just shows different locations as when I saw your pic from last year and looked back on my own and had a picture from the 25th of June looking better than your crop. We had a good average crop here last year and I dont see this years crop being that much better. I dont have land for maize next year so wont have any probably

look at what last years harvest has done to one of the headlands in one of the fields of maize. All well and good hitting massive yields in the middle of the field but if you have a large headland missing in smallish fields it will drag down the yield very quickly. I could look at the second picture as it portrays a lot better looking situation:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Manoffeeling

You could see a frog's willy there. Headlands cost the same per acre to sow as the best part of the field.

• Advertisement

You could see a frog's willy there. Headlands cost the same per acre to sow as the best part of the field.

thats for sure, pic is of an 8ac field, probably an acre on the missing list

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Marooned75

Some size of rat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Figerty

Marooned75 wrote: »
    Some size of rat

Jaysus!

Some size of rat

Thats a horse of a Rat, what was he feeding on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭limo_100

Thats a horse of a Rat, what was he feeding on

must be my feckin calf krunch

limo_100 wrote: »
    must be my feckin calf krunch

You could sell that fellow as a runner in the back end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭limo_100

You could sell that fellow as a runner in the back end

i think hes over fed for the factory hes done himself out of a good grade. Then again he heavier and prob has more meet then jersey bulls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,876 ✭✭✭mf240

hes the leinster house rat. the fatcats were to lazy to chase him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Manoffeeling

Some size of rat

I haven't seen a rat that size since the lads stopped using Angel Dust.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Juniorhurler

Some size of rat

Saw them that size on my travels through The Gambia in Africa. They have an indigenous giant rat. They hunt and eat them. I couldn't bring myself to partake in that particular feast. They say it lives off plants only and does not scavenge but I am not believing that as I saw no grass to speak of and I travelled both sides of the river.

An angling club up north shot it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

For you guys looking for rain, taken just now ;)

f7gp.jpg

qf67.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭redzerologhlen

just do it wrote: »

f7gp.jpg

qf67.jpg
    I'm sitting in a cave waiting for the rain to stop so I can go back to the jeep, it's fair bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

I'm sitting in a cave waiting for the rain to stop so I can go back to the jeep, it's fair bad.

Draw some stick figures on the walls:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭hugo29

Jayus that looks bleak,Lovely day here, no rain at all,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

f7gp.jpg

qf67.jpg
    we have that here now some rain

It's coming this way so then,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

ya nearly washed away down my end as well :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Kovu Murr wrote: »
    Draw some stick figures on the walls:p

Set up a tourism business on the back of it :cool:

hugo29 wrote: »
    It's coming this way so then,

It's needed if it does come this way. We haven't gotten any thunder showers at all here.

• Advertisement

It's needed if it does come this way. We haven't gotten any thunder showers at all here.
    But I thought you're only over the ditch from rellig?! :D

But I thought you're only over the dutch from rellig?! :D

I am, we could see the shower that he got the other evening but nothing fell here other than a light shower. Strange, strange weather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

I am, we could see the shower that he got the other evening but nothing fell here other than a light shower. Strange, strange weather.

Did ye not get all that rain on Thursday night? We were washed out of it. Ground is in sh1t!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭1chippy

naughto wrote: »
    we have that here now some rain
    Only another 55mm more to go then.

I was watching that shower I threw up pictures of approaching earlier. You could see it was heavy but probably no more than half a mile wide. The rainfall radar on met.ie had it spot on. Could see it coming up through cork and then limerick

reilig wrote: »
    Did ye not get all that rain on Thursday night? We were washed out of it. Ground is in sh1t!

Nothing at all thunder-y here. We could see the blackness of the arriving storm over the hill though.

Can ye do that raindance for me southerners:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭grazeaway

Nothing at all thunder-y here. We could see the blackness of the arriving storm over the hill though.

Can ye do that raindance for me southerners:D

Had savage rain here the other night grand an sunny for most of the day, gang in the field seem happy out anyway.

grazeaway wrote: »
    Had savage rain here the other night grand an sunny for most of the day, gang in the field seem happy out anyway.

Lovely calf, what's he off?

Lovely calf, what's he off?

Yeah he's a grand lad have another fella almost identical but bigger, good dtrong hardy lads out of the stock limo bull, mother is an AAX we got from a dairy herd

Yeah he's a grand lad have another fella almost identical but bigger, good dtrong hardy lads out of the stock limo bull, mother is an AAX we got from a dairy herd

I'd nearly swear there was blue in him. Do you tag all forward & back like that?
    We have one replacement this year that has been nicknamed Odd-Ear because of that.

• Advertisement

I'd nearly swear there was blue in him. Do you tag all forward & back like that?
    We have one replacement this year that has been nicknamed Odd-Ear because of that.

Didn't notice that must have had the tagger the wrong way round. They are the ordinary tags use the button tags for the BVD as I buy enough tags to cover a few years. Nope only have 1 cow with a bit if blue in her, he takes after his dad.

1st lot of calves from this bull and we are very happy with him, very easy calving (have only had to jack about 5 out of 40 and only one of them was a struggle) and then they fill out after a few weeks. Mother has plenty of milk too which helps.

Didn't notice that must have had the tagger the wrong way round. They are the ordinary tags use the button tags for the BVD as I buy enough tags to cover a few years. Nope only have 1 cow with a bit if blue in her, he takes after his dad.

1st lot of calves from this bull and we are very happy with him, very easy calving (have only had to jack about 5 out of 40 and only one of them was a struggle) and then they fill out after a few weeks. Mother has plenty of milk too which helps.

What's he off if you don't mind me asking? Have a PBLM in heat this eve.

What's he off if you don't mind me asking? Have a PBLM in heat this eve.

The stock bull is a PB limo is out of brooklands boris if that's a help.

We have got dam all rain too, just enough to drive growth but ground still bone dry,

Bloody sky was a strange colour last night anyone see it,

The stock bull is a PB limo is out of brooklands boris if that's a help.

That's what I meant to ask, sorry if it was a bit ambiguous!
    hugo29 wrote: »
    We have got dam all rain too, just enough to drive growth but ground still bone dry,

Bloody sky was a strange colour last night anyone see it,

I did, blood red and black at the same time. Wasn't it a full moon too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭towzer2010

I sprayed this field of strong rushes on the 17th of July. This pic is before

264710.JPG

And this one is on Friday. Lovely shade of brown thankfully.

264714.JPG

Fecking field was to rough to top beforehand and this pic shows how high the rushes were

264717.JPG

Hopefully the plan is to drain it, plough and reseed.....but that may be put on the back burner as I'm going to be a daddy for the first time in September so all plans could be out the window.:D:D:D

towzer2010 wrote: »
    I sprayed this field of strong rushes on the 17th of July. This pic is before

264710.JPG

And this one is on Friday. Lovely shade of brown thankfully.

264714.JPG

Fecking field was to rough to top beforehand and this pic shows how high the rushes were

264717.JPG

Hopefully the plan is to drain it, plough and reseed.....but that may be put on the back burner as I'm going to be a daddy for the first time in September so all plans could be out the window.:D:D:D

congrats, best day of yer life, get what ya can down now, cause after september ya will get damn all done for a while

Topped last week waiting to spray in a couple of weeks

Mine is longer than yours ;):D

zdco.jpg

• Advertisement

Mine is longer than yours ;):D

zdco.jpg

Compensating for something are we JDI?;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement