Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Expectations for next U2 Tour???

Options
  • 18-03-2011 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭

So peoples, U2's new album Songs of Ascent is due for release in May this year according to the German Amazon site.

Hopefully this will also mean a new tour so I was wondering what everyone's expecting to see.

The 360 show toured Europe, North/South America, Oceania and South Africa.

The Vertigo tour came to North America, Latin America, Oceania/Pacific and Europe.

The Elevation tour played to North America and Europe.

I'm really hoping that for the next tour they will play more Asian dates as they haven't been to some parts of Asia since the PopMart tour.

I'm also thinking for Irish dates they could do the Aviva, since they've already played Croke Park several times. Maybe 3 Aviva shows and 2 o2's would be good.

In the UK I think they should play Wembley again and maybe do 1 or 2 o2 shows. U2 should do a few more arenas if they aren't using The Claw again for the next tour, but otherwise we'll see how it goes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,856 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I seriously doubt there will be a new tour .
    The 360 tour still has to visit South America and conclude the final leg of the North America tour ,which doesnt finish until July 30th.
    That will be 7 legs and 110 concerts ,I think that is enough and I dont foresee U2 touring again until 2013.
    It seems the May 27th release date for Songs of Ascent is now looking unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭bitter

No line on the horizon was a flop,some of the worst songs I have ever heard tbh. The 360 Tour is a gimmick really. I think they should take a break for a few years from music god knows we want a break from U2 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

bitter wrote: »
    No line on the horizon was a flop,some of the worst songs I have ever heard tbh. The 360 Tour is a gimmick really. I think they should take a break for a few years from music god knows we want a break from U2 :(

We're gonna have to hear more from U2 if they're releasing a new album.

But no, No Line On The Horizon was a pretty good album. My favourite track and what i certainly one of the best songs in U2's 35 year career was Magnificent.

I think U2 will probably take a year off touring and kick back in around summer 2012, as much as I would love them to do some homecoming hows to conclude the 360 tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭bitter

karaokeman wrote: »
    We're gonna have to hear more from U2 if they're releasing a new album.

But no, No Line On The Horizon was a pretty good album. My favourite track and what i certainly one of the best songs in U2's 35 year career was Magnificent.

I think U2 will probably take a year off touring and kick back in around summer 2012, as much as I would love them to do some homecoming hows to conclude the 360 tour.

Even U2 admitted it was a flop. Magnificent was really crap. Bon's singing is getting really desperate.

Advertisement