Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bulgar Wheat in Dublin

Options
  • 18-03-2011 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭

I'm having trouble finding bulgar wheat in Dublin. Could anyone direct me to a shop which sells it in around the city centre?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

boosh_fan wrote: »
    I'm having trouble finding bulgar wheat in Dublin. Could anyone direct me to a shop which sells it in around the city centre?

I picked up a bag in Tesco for 65 cent! :)
    I'm in sligo but I know for a fact Tesco supply it.
    It's in the healthy section with the lentils and cous cous :)

Holland and Barrett also stock it but it's more expensive. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭boosh_fan

Thanks Lornen, tried 2 tescos near me & couldn't find it at all :-( Will try in the city centre today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

Any polish or Russian shop

Have you tried your hand at wrangling a member of staff over to help you out?! I know the Tesco in Sligo is good but I found the Tesco's in Dublin have a bigger selection so to think Dublin wouldn't have Bulgar Wheat is strange enough now! :(
    Maybe try the Tesco in Jervis :) It's massive!

This is the packet you'll come across and there's usually a quarter of an aisle dedicated to foods in this type of packaging. Keep your eyes peeled :)

http://www.tesco.com/superstore/xpi/7/xpi53844867.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭boosh_fan

Found it!!! In Jervis. What a bargain too at only 65c! Think my local tescos are too small as it definitely wasn't with the lentils/ cous cous in those ones :)

• Advertisement

boosh_fan wrote: »
    Found it!!! In Jervis. What a bargain too at only 65c! Think my local tescos are too small as it definitely wasn't with the lentils/ cous cous in those ones :)

62c to be precise! I'm just back from Tesco to make sure I wasn't seeing things! :pac:

Glad you found it! Love Bulgar Wheat. It's alot nicer than cous cous, more robust!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

If you have a clubcard then when you register with tesco it recognises your local shop from your registered address, and then it only shows stuff available in your local one -handy if your local is a small one.

It is appearing on tesco online for me, however it is in a transparent bag which I recognise as being the ones in the "health food section", this annoys me about tesco, peanuts are located in about 5 sections in my local one, snacks, fruit & veg, health food, organics, baking, chocolates etc.

Same goes with grains like these, they might be nowhere near the baking/flour section. In my local tesco this section is right beside childrens clothing!

rubadub wrote: »
    If you have a clubcard then when you register with tesco it recognises your local shop from your registered address, and then it only shows stuff available in your local one -handy if your local is a small one.

It is appearing on tesco online for me, however it is in a transparent bag which I recognise as being the ones in the "health food section", this annoys me about tesco, peanuts are located in about 5 sections in my local one, snacks, fruit & veg, health food, organics, baking, chocolates etc.

Same goes with grains like these, they might be nowhere near the baking/flour section. In my local tesco this section is right beside childrens clothing!

Same here, all of the nuts I buy for cooking are actually down in the veg section, in the baking section they have nibbed ones and flaked almonds and that. But my bulgar wheat is beside canned tuna and across from the Free From range that's aimed at Coeliac's..

Random!

Advertisement