Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P. Borza

Options
  • 18-03-2011 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭

There's a P. Borza just opened on Thomas St. It looks very nice inside, but how are the chips in their other shops around Dublin? A rival to Morelli's?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

the Borza near Walkinstown roundabout is the best chipper Ive been too. chips always great, they usually throw in extra stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Whereabouts on Thomas St?

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Yillan

East Thomas St... the posh part :D

Top of Francis St. Beside that Farrow and Ball place. It used to be a Bed shop called Living Room or Living Area or something.

Only went past there the other day wondering what was going in.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

OT I know, but I tried to buy a mattress in that bed shop once and they seemed completely uninterested in selling me one. I'm surprised they lasted as long as they did.

I sacrificed myself for the cause and tried Borza's tonight. I'm not much of a chipper connoisseur :), but I thought it was fine - better than average. Staff were very friendly which is great. I still think Beshoffs fluffier chips are the nicest in the area though.

• Advertisement

completely agree about the Borza near walkinstown roundabout. Amazing! However other borza's not so good eg the one near bluebell luas stop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

E Borza in Sandymount is the best chipper in Dublin.

The Borzas in Donnybrook isn't great.

Don't know if they're connected at all?

[Jackass] wrote: »

Is that the one under the DART bridge at Bath Ave/Shelbourne Rd?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

[Jackass] wrote: »

The Borzas in Donnybrook isn't great.

Don't know if they're connected at all?

+1 have yet to taste a better borza or chipper full stop.

I eat out of the one on St Peters road and its fairly good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

Borza on Whitehall Road in Perrystown (near St Damians school) does great chips.
    As does the one on Cromwellsfort Road.

Borza bought Tony Fuscardi's chipper beside the Pines. I haven't tried that particular establishment but if it's as good as the other two then it will do good business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Travel is good

Delighted to hear that another fine establishment is open in Thomas Street. I really think it's becoming the new trendy area?

Although there is Morellis too, and there is another chipper in Meath Street, just in case you want a bit of variety.

Has anyone any other good recommendations for lunch places around the area?

and there is another chipper in Meath Street, just in case you want a bit of variety.

That'd be Fusco's, there's also one further down Meath St near the Coombe which changes it's name every fortnight.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

the Borza near Walkinstown roundabout is the best chipper Ive been too. chips always great, they usually throw in extra stuff.

heh heh
    Years ago my Dad used to come home late on Wednesdays and bring a bag of chips from there for me and him to share, (they gave you shitloads).
    One night, he forgot and went to the local chipper and he was confident I couldn't spot it.
    I did.
    Murder!

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Travel is good

I went into the Borza on Thomas St. Wednesday night just for a takeaway bag of chips, not bad. The place wasn't busy at that stage. I'll go back during the day, just for research purposes.

There seems to be a lot of chippers around here!

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Yillan

I've been to this P Borza now Bloody lovely stuff. Haven't tried the fish yet - waiting for it to come on special - but the chips are brilliant and the staff very friendly. I'll probably head up there tonight again.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Not sure they could drag my business from Morelli's tbh, been going to them for nigh on 20 years now. Will try a bag of their chips soon to see what they are like anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

The chips from Borza in Walkinstown are quality, but the burgers are manky, so is the curry sauce. Also, got fish 3 times, nice once, terrible the next 2 times. Haven't been back since.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Pimlico

Tried Borza's the other night. Got a fish and chips, They were fine, nothing wrong with them but nothing great about them neither, Fish was very small. I have been going to Morelli's sice I was a child and will continue to do so. Passing by Borza's every evening I notice that it is nearly always empty/near empty, can't see it lasting long if that keeps up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

A two page thread on yet another bog-standard Italian chipper? I had the Borza 'mega-burger' (or something like that- it's basically a fry-up as salad in your burger) and chips in there last weekend. It's not bad or good-just the exact same as the hundreds of other places like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

latenia wrote: »
    A two page thread on yet another bog-standard Italian chipper? I had the Borza 'mega-burger' (or something like that- it's basically a fry-up as salad in your burger) and chips in there last weekend. It's not bad or good-just the exact same as the hundreds of other places like it.

Agreed. Everyone thinks their local chipper is the best when every chipper is basically the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gwjones42

I had an amazing smoked cod and chips in there the other night before heading into the Tivoli.....(It's just opposite Francis Street). I'm not sure if this description fits right....but it tasted........clean. The place was all clean and shiny too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭ciaran_h

Borza in perrystown walkinstown and poss bluebell are 'original' borza ...I think p borza is different set up

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

I know one of the Borza family..they thier takeaways ages ago so not sure who's running the show now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ZagreusSpears

sorry for ressurecting the thread.

I heard the best fish and chips were P Borza and Leo Burdock.
    Apparently P Borza closed all stores saving by Dalkey's.
    is that right??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

sorry for ressurecting the thread.

I heard the best fish and chips were P Borza and Leo Burdock.
    Apparently P Borza closed all stores saving by Dalkey's.
    is that right??

The Thomas Street is long closed anyway..
    There's a café there now.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

The Thomas Street is long closed anyway..
    There's a café there now.

And inside the cafe there's a pborza menu for fish and chips and everything else you need. Still the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ZagreusSpears

And inside the cafe there's a pborza menu for fish and chips and everything else you need. Still the same.

yes, if you look close in google maps its is called "Caffe Camino by P.Borza"
    I went there at a Saturday at 1 PM and it was closed, but it was before becoming a Caffe.

are they serving Fish Chipps on Lunch Time?

or should I go to Morelli's?

Advertisement