Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good places to buy furniture in Donegal?

Options
  • 18-03-2011 9:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭

Hi all. I'm currently in need of a lot of new furniture for a house that I'm renovating. I was wondering would anyone know of good furniture shops in Donegal that stock good quality but relatively cheap furniture. I think it might be better to buy in bulk from the same place as they might provide a better discount then. I'm north of Letterkenny but could travel to Derry either. Also, would anyone know of any architectural salvage type places in Donegal/ Derry as I heard they are good for picking up bits and bobs too.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

There is only 1 salvage yard that i know off and thats out at the docks in Lisahally (spelling?) in Derry.

There are a few second hand Charity furniture shops about that woun't refuse a decent offer on any of their stuff, Good and new in behind heaton Buckley in letterkenny is one that springs to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

There's a furniture sale in the Silver Tassie Hotel this week, from Tuesday to Thursday. Think its all new stuff, dont know who's selling it, but it might be liquidation sock. Was thinking of heading myself as we need some new living room furniture.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,383 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

as far as architechtural salvage goes -got a beam from these guys

http://www.csarchitecturalsalvage.com/

in campsie industrial estate derry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

as far as architechtural salvage goes -got a beam from these guys

http://www.csarchitecturalsalvage.com/

in campsie industrial estate derry

I thought there was another one, lol. I know someone who more or less kitted out their whole house (1800's house) with stuff from there, its nearly all top notch.

Advertisement