Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rhebogue - Neighbours?

• 18-03-2011 10:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Looking at Rhebogue as an estate, social area, place to live etc. Looks nice, clean from google streetview etc but what are the neighbours in there like?
    If you look at Westbury, it seems nice to look at in terms of the houses and green areas etc but from what you read around, there is enough of the wrong types living in there to ruin it for everyone.

Is Rhebogue better?

Thanks
    irish

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

i live in the drominbeg estate, its very nice, im only a recent blow in as i go to UL, but from what ive seen of limerick there is nooo getting away from the type you refer to, saying that, ive never seen anything untoward in the rhebogue area, there are a few headers around the place, but they keep to themselves, kids are always out in the grass patch infront of us playing its a safe place

das limrick citaay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Sound iPwnage.
    You are right, there are rough elements everywhere in Limerick but I'd hate to consider living there only to find myself stuck with neighbours from hell.
    Appreciate the reply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Do a bit of homework on the area. Drive around the area a few times in the evening and get a picture of what it is like. Not 100% accurate but it will give you a fair idea of what to expect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Would think that Westbury is a nicer area than Rhebogue myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭TheWarrior

CiaranMT wrote: »
    Would think that Westbury is a nicer area than Rhebogue myself.
    +1.
    There tends to be a lot of horse manure on the roads around Rhebogue, the reasons why become more apparent if you get to know the area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 799 ✭✭✭niallers1

I'm biased but Rhebogue is so handy for everything..

You are on a motorway to Cork/Dublin/Galway within 5 minutes.
    You are walking distance to both Town and UL
    Shopping centres are close by.

You also have riverside walks out to Ul and beyond if you like. I once walked and another time cycled from Rebogue to O'Briens bridge (16kms)only touching road/tarmac for about 1-2km. It was canal bank/river and tailrace all the way.
    UL allow you to use their launch if you want to use the boat house carpark/boat launch for launcing a canoe/kayak or boat.

If you are into GAA there is St.Patricks GAA club.

People are very nice there and It's very quiet imho.
    I'm living there 7 years and have not heard any loud noises from neighbours in all that time..

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

Hi all,

Looking at Rhebogue as an estate, social area, place to live etc. Looks nice, clean from google streetview etc but what are the neighbours in there like?
    If you look at Westbury, it seems nice to look at in terms of the houses and green areas etc but from what you read around, there is enough of the wrong types living in there to ruin it for everyone.

Is Rhebogue better?

Thanks
    irish

I've lived in Westbury for about 6 years and have never had any issues, great place to live.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭judosean2005

I live in rhebogue,
    Been here 2 years.im renting btw
    Since i've been here,ive been plagues with kids,ringing doors,
    ive had my house egged
    ive had my house destroyed in fruit,
    ive had my car back window broken in
    ive caught 2 kids breaking into my car at 5 in morning(police brought them to station,nothing happened of course).

rhebogue looks like a nice spot,But its hell.

Fun times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

I lived in rhebogue (anglers walk) from the age of 4 to 18 and then eventually moved 2 years ago, when I was younger it wasnt too bad but the place is an absolute sh1thole now and well before we left the scumbags there had and still have the area destroyed ive never been so happy to get out of a place in my life, it was a the scumbags that wrecked it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Thanks for all the replies guys, appreciate your time.
    I was always under the impression that westbury area was a bit dodgy, maybe i'm wrong - i'm only using hearsay afterall but I do remember a young chap was killed out there about 2 years ago or something.

I've driven around Rhebogue in parts, there are about 3 sections to it I think and I know St Pats GAA too.

Not liking the stories of horses and cars being damaged :eek:

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Imo, Rhebogue used to be lovely, it was always the place that I'd move to if I returned to Limerick. But it's been destroyed in recent years, I wouldn't recommend it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭jimbo007

yup, would advise not to move there, drominbeg has gone pretty bad especially if you have kids
    have had a car robbed and burnt out from there, and that's just the start...

Thanks for all the replies guys, appreciate your time.
    I was always under the impression that westbury area was a bit dodgy, maybe i'm wrong - i'm only using hearsay afterall but I do remember a young chap was killed out there about 2 years ago or something.

I've driven around Rhebogue in parts, there are about 3 sections to it I think and I know St Pats GAA too.

Not liking the stories of horses and cars being damaged :eek:

Thanks

You are very wrong! That guy was stabbed in Carraig Midhe housing Estate and he died at the roadside just outside the estate.
    I've never even heard of a car being robbed from Westbury, open to correction though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭mitresize5

regeneration has Westbury and Carrig Meade ruined - I have family living in both estates and their quality of life has seriously deterioted in the last 2/3 years.

It sounds as if Rebhogue has gone the same way

I was amazed the whole regeneration thing wasnt a huge election issue on the doorsteps

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

mitresize5 wrote: »
    regeneration has Westbury and Carrig Meade ruined - I have family living in both estates and their quality of life has seriously deterioted in the last 2/3 years.

I was amazed the whole regeneration thing wasnt a huge election issue on the doorsteps

I'm not sure if regeneration is to blame but most urban estates including Westbury, Abbeyvale/Abbeylocke and parts of Rhebogue have seen increases in anti social behavoir, drugs, and general lawlessness very much on the increase in recent times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 799 ✭✭✭niallers1

I suspect if you asked the question about any estate in Limerick you will get people with bad stories.

You will rarely hear the positive.. We don't do positive..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Were you looking at buying or renting OP? Lynwood and Woodlawn Park areas of the Ballysimon Rd are nice, close to town, UL, not too far from the river for walks but far enough away that there is no flood risk and they have the big Dunnes on Childers Rd. Or else the Lower Park area of Corbally, Janemount, College and Richmond Park areas, and up to as far as Shannon Drive (which is a fantastic road).

Although neither is the easiest area to rent in, as most houses are owner occupied.

mitresize5 wrote: »

What part of Westbury are you talking about (General area if you don't want to be too specific)? I've been there 6 or 7 years now, in two different estates, and have never experienced any issues or heard of anyone that has. What I have noticed is graffiti popping up in the last 6 months which wasn't an issue before. Hardly a reason to steer clear of the place though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭molard

L.T.P. wrote: »
    You are very wrong! That guy was stabbed in Carraig Midhe housing Estate and he died at the roadside just outside the estate.
    I've never even heard of a car being robbed from Westbury, open to correction though!
    seeing that you are only in westbury athlunkard for 5/6years you may not know that roman lived in westbury.may he rest in peace.his killer is in jail.

molard wrote: »
    seeing that you are only in westbury athlunkard for 5/6years you may not know that roman lived in westbury.may he rest in peace.his killer is in jail.

I know he was from Westbury, I don't see your point ?:confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement