Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beech Hedging & Lawn Fertiliser

Options
  • 18-03-2011 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭

Evening Folks,

I've got Beech Hedging along a westerly wall which I planted 2 years ago and a very large lawn which was sowed last year. Hedging has grown very slowly and the lawn is in okay shape save for a few week growth and patchy areas.

I would like to apply fertiliser to both to enchorage growth.

From searches on this forum, it would appear the Chicken Manure Pellets would be a good choice for the Hedging and either 10-10-20 or 7-6-17 for the lawn.

Would anyone suggest anything else to the above and is this time of the year okay to apply the above?????

Thanks folks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

I'm not sure about the hedging, use 7 6 17 on the lawn if you use 10 10 20 you'll be cutting the grass every few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭islanderre

aujopimar,

Thanks for replying......... I'll call to the local Garden centre re the Hedge Fertiliser.

Cheers

Advertisement