Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Key Notes for English?

• 18-03-2011 10:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭

I'm in 5th year at the moment, and not doing too well with English. I've heard great things about Key Notes as a book for revision and whatnot, but I'm not sure if there's any point in getting it, personally. I was having a look at it today, and it deals with Hamlet as the single text, whereas we're doing it as part of the comparative, and doing a different single text. We are doing Inside I'm Dancing and How Many Miles to Babylon in the comparative, which are covered in Key Notes. However, we've already got a little book about Inside I'm Dancing. Also, Key Notes deals with the theme of friendship under the Theme or Issue heading, but we'll be doing suffering for that one.

I could really use a bit of help with English, but I'm just not sure if I should get that particular book. Would any of you recommend it regardless, or if not, recommend a different book which might be more suitable? Thanks :)

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

leaveiton wrote: »
    I'm in 5th year at the moment, and not doing too well with English. I've heard great things about Key Notes as a book for revision and whatnot, but I'm not sure if there's any point in getting it, personally. I was having a look at it today, and it deals with Hamlet as the single text, whereas we're doing it as part of the comparative, and doing a different single text. We are doing Inside I'm Dancing and How Many Miles to Babylon in the comparative, which are covered in Key Notes. However, we've already got a little book about Inside I'm Dancing. Also, Key Notes deals with the theme of friendship under the Theme or Issue heading, but we'll be doing suffering for that one.

I could really use a bit of help with English, but I'm just not sure if I should get that particular book. Would any of you recommend it regardless, or if not, recommend a different book which might be more suitable? Thanks :)

But it also provides detailed notes and sample essays for the poets . Well worth it in my opinion , especially if your struggling that bad .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭resistantdoor

leaveiton wrote: »
    However, we've already got a little book about Inside I'm Dancing.

Hey, I'm using that book and it's pretty good. I would recomend it if you don't have a quality book already.
    What's the name of that Inside I'm Dancing book you have and would you recommend it? Also, what price and where to buy it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Hey, I'm using that book and it's pretty good. I would recomend it if you don't have a quality book already.
    What's the name of that Inside I'm Dancing book you have and would you recommend it? Also, what price and where to buy it?

The book I have is by Seán Conlan, and on the front there's a little box with "Inside I'm Dancing" in it, and then another box that has "Leaving Certificate English, a film study guide" inside. Our teacher ordered them for us, so I don't know where you would get it, sorry! There is a website with information on that guide and others, but I think you need to be a teacher to order from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Sorry, forgot to say that we haven't really started using it, so I can't really make a recommendation :)

Advertisement