Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad Dress Day

Options
  • 18-03-2011 11:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭

After the bad hairday Thread why dont we have one about they way we dress ?

Like what is your fave item you have ? what is your fave brand ?

For me my fave item is my leather jacket that my girlfriend got for me at X-mass

http://www.allsaints.com/men/leathers/phanton-leather-shirt/black/mlh526-5

Its a Shirt but i ware it open as a jacket and is maybe the only item i have that i get the must use out of

My fave brand is Blood Is The New Black for T-Shirts and Nudie For Jeans

Blood IS The New Black make some great T-Shirts with stuff that you will never find in ireland Like this
    8539_image.jpg

And Nudie make the best male skinny Jeans

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Skinny jeans. LOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

And Nudie make the best male skinny Jeans

NO!!......NO!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

NO!!......NO!!!!

There is notting wrong with male skinnys if you can pull them off and you have to be skinny !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

There is notting wrong with male skinnys if you can pull them off and you have to be skinny !!!
    Yes.Yes there is.
    And I am skinny but I know they look ridiculous

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

To quote Family Guy:

"Bryan, can you take me down to Baby GAP? I want to dress like a small douche."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

My favourite item of clothing is an old brown leather jacket that my father handed down to me. I always feel like a WWII bomber pilot when I wear it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

So did you get some Ugg boots to finish off that nice little outfit?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

Clothes is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Cows Go µ

I live in a tshirt and jeans with a hoodie. I love New Look for tshirts and I found a few really good ones in Pennys. In warmer weather I have shirts that I wear instead of the hoodies.

Also love Jane Norman for going out clothes. Most of their stuff is tacky and a bit too slutty but every now and then you find gorgeous gems.

On the skinny jeans thing, I think they are okay on girls (I have a pair myself though only one and they are only ever to be worn with boots, I'm a baggy or flared type of girl) but I hate them on guys. Yeah, some "pull them off" but I see that as them look okay not hideous. But then I suppose that my style is probably terrible looking to some people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I like skinny jeans on guys sometimes, I'd rather them than tracksuit pants tucked into socks or whatever tbf.

Er I don't know, people tell me that the way I dress is nice but all I wear are skirt and boy cardigan type things. I've gotten so lazy lately though because I haven't been properly shopping in aaaages, and I hate dressing for spring weather. Most of my clothes are from H&M or Topshop when I have moneyz - I like places like Penneys and New Look, but I don't like the fact absolutely everyone has the same thing. So yeah.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

I live in skirts and shorts in college... I have a ridiculous collection of tights, every color of the rainbow!

I normally wear converse, boots or brogues on my feeties.

I love dresses. Especially ones with Peter Pan collars.:)

I hate showing my chest so I always wear dresses and tops that almost come up to my neck.

I judge boys on what shoes they wear. Honestly I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I think skinny jeans are ok on a dude who is actually skinny. If you're aren't skinny it looks like you're wearing your sister's jeans!

I saw 40" waist skinny jeans the other day in topman, no joke. Talk about clutching on straws.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Going out I'd wear a t-shirt or shirt and jeans with runners or the basic brown shoes. Depends where I'm going, though if it's just the pub it'd be t-shirt and runners, but out-out it'd generally be the shirt and shoes.

Normal days then it's a tracksuit/jeans and a t-shirt or a jersey.

Adidas runners 90% of the time. Gazelles(these type ones) are my favourites.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Okay, what I wear is uncannily similiar to my hair (starting to see a pattern with me and my appearance here). I have an affinity with trackies. I love them, they are comfiest things, ever. In happier days I wore them all the time, but sadly as I get older they tend to send the elderly scurrying away so if I'm going out I have to wear jeans. But I'd nip out the shop in trackies. Sucha shame.

I also love hoodies. In fact, I'm a right skobe, I'll admit it. Trackies and hoodies, if I didn't have big, fluffy friendly hair, I would never make it into a shop without security watching me constantly. Once again, as we have this whole "it's not about how you feel it's about how you look" thing, I figure I better just wear jeans and hoodie, I can't have it all. Which is what I do a lot of the time, as it's miles too cold here to wear a t-shirt. Going out, I've a few long-sleeve jumper yokes or else I brave the cold and go out in a shirt (don't feel cold when drunk anyway, huzzah!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

I wear egg costumes similar to this..

Lady-Gaga-Egg.jpg

C&H is turning into Fashion and Appearance.. oh GOD

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I have two sets of clothing I switch between on a weekly basis. I've had them for probably 3 years now. I do have boxers and plain white t-shirts that I change less often than is supposedly hygienic but nobody notices so all accusations of it being disgusting are lies.

Anything more than that is excessive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

I don't really have a specific style so much as a specific colour palette, pretty much everything I own is black. Black's a sensible color: it goes with everything. Well, at least, everything black.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Used to buy things with a lot of colour, but have switched to creams, beiges, browns and golds recently. Probably because I'm insanely dull.

Have always hated jeans, only own one pair and I wear them reluctantly. Peg-leg trousers, high waisted skirts and shorts, waisted dresses, chunky knits, brogues, tights, blouses etc all take my fancy. Om nom.

Yesterday I was wearing a beautiful, designer, linen, hand-woven cardigan which my Grandmother bought in the 50s. Today I'm wearing a blouse my mother bought 25 years ago. I loooooove that kind of thing! I really need to get more into charity shop digging! I reckon it'd be my heaven.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭illiop

I pretty much have a uniform of t-shirt, cardi, jeans and cons (or other canvas shoe things). I wouldn't say it's a style but it's comfy and it doesn't look bad. I mix it up occasionally but...meh

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

I live in a tshirt and jeans with a hoodie
    Same here tbh - it keeps me (relatively) warm and not-nekkid, which suits me just fine :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I live in jeans/trackies t-shirts and a hoodies.
    I know most people think its some sort of atrocity to wear tracksuits bottoms out but ah well.

Oh on nights out I go really girly but i try and stick to the tits or arse rule but not always.

I live in jeans/trackies t-shirts and a hoodies.
    I know most people think its some sort of atrocity to wear tracksuits bottoms out but ah well.

Oh on nights out I go really girly but i try and stick to the tits or arse rule but not always.

What's the tits or ass rule?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    What's the tits or ass rule?

+1. I feel so innocent :o

+1. I feel so innocent :o

Me and Deise_Girl figured it out. You're only meant to show one.

I always show both, some slut so I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I'm a huge person for tshirts with photos on them. This type of idea
    mcfly-nano-radio-uk-music-tshirts.jpg

Waistcoats, button down shirts and cardigans then I basically live in. I'm a jeans person though, I hate tracksuit bottoms on me with a vengeance.
    Shoes wise, I vary between brogues, con types things and the odd skyscraper heel because I hate being short :P My main colours for clothes are red, grey, green, purple and black. I like beige and blue as well I just don't have any for some reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I like wearing nice clothes but these days I just can't be bothered and usually turn up to college in sweatpants, runners and a cheap tshirt/hoodie.

Don't really have a favourite shop, though New Look is pretty cool (at least the ones that actually bother to do men's clothing anyway.) Other shops, like Topman and River Island, are very hit and miss; one day I could find 3 or 4 things I want and then not find anything at all for weeks.

Don't have a favourite brand. Brands shmands. Well, except for shoes, I guess. My favourite shoes are Vans; currently have purple and black checkerboard ones but I try to only wear them when going out now because my last pair (which had a really cool barbed wire pattern) wore out so quickly. :mad:
    Also any "sporty" clothes I own are Puma. I always go for Puma over Nike, Adidas etc. I'm not sure why exactly....

I like jeans but find it impossible to find nice pairs. I currently only have one semi-ugly but cheap pair from Penney's. Fat-man pants, while they may not look great, are so fúcking comfortable. :)

One thing I do love (and spend ridiculous amounts of money on) are "vintage" tshirts. Anything with a cartoon character or brand name on it, and I WILL WANT IT.
    I own 4 Mr. Men tshirts. FOUR.
    And a Garfield one, a Super Mario one, a 7Up one, a Coca Cola one, a Cookie Monster one....I'm pretty sure I have more.
    But yeah. Vintage/nerdy = YAY!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

I'm mad for t-shirts with cartoon characters on them alright. I have superman, spiderman, and the red power ranger at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

I only own one Mrs Men t-shirt. :( It's in French though, so it's cool!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭illiop

I used to have loads of cartoon t-shirts but they all shrunk or got to raggedy. The only 2 I have left are Chip 'n Dale: Rescue Rangers and an awesome pink power ranger one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

bythewoods wrote: »
    Used to buy things with a lot of colour, but have switched to creams, beiges, browns and golds recently. Probably because I'm insanely dull.

Have always hated jeans, only own one pair and I wear them reluctantly. Peg-leg trousers, high waisted skirts and shorts, waisted dresses, chunky knits, brogues, tights, blouses etc all take my fancy. Om nom.

Yesterday I was wearing a beautiful, designer, linen, hand-woven cardigan which my Grandmother bought in the 50s. Today I'm wearing a blouse my mother bought 25 years ago. I loooooove that kind of thing! I really need to get more into charity shop digging! I reckon it'd be my heaven.

This, basically. Recently got a pink 1950s Burberry dress in a secondhand shop for €45! Steal.

Up until about three or four years ago I was a walking disaster - too many clashing prints, colours.. I was like a walking rainbow. A friend and I spent a good two hours reminiscing cringing over the stuff we used to wear. WHY DID NOBODY TELL US WHAT WE LOOKED LIKE?

Haven't worn jeans in nearly three years either, at first it was mainly cause I could never find a decent fit.. having my dad's giant hips and mam's distinct lack of arse always meant that I'd have that weird saddley arse syndrome in jeans. And dear fashion retailers of the world: NOT EVERYONE LOOKS GOOD IN SKINNY JEANS. ffs, topshop used to do brilliant moto jeans, but now they only do skinnies, and on the off chance that they actually have a pair of non-skinny jeans, they're either baggy beyond belief, or just plain bet. Besides, they're so constricting! Least you've lotsa freedom in skirts and shorts!

Advertisement