Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St. patricks day parade Failure!

Options
  • 18-03-2011 11:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭

Heard about this, just seen a video uploaded of the incident on youtube there now. Happened in letterkenny during the parade. lucky the barriers were there or it could have been a lot lot worse! i think Letterkenny is one of the few towns who have the barriers up too!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

And the guy who posted the clip cant spell too good either :D

Failure.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I think he did it on purpose....kinda like when people say 'moar'.

Was a total failure though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭inode

In front of everyone too. The poor guy!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭holuc

was lucky that the barrier was there. looks like there was a small child standing where the bike stopped!!! imagine if there was no barrier!!

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭hootietootie

I showed this to my cousin-she said the same thing happened further up the street, outside the cottage-except it was one of the men, he tried a wheelie and the bike fell backwards on top of him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

he tried a wheelie and the bike fell backwards on top of him
    Brilliant news :)

Flippin planks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Trish2007

I seen the guards taking statements from them after the parade had finished. I was wondering why so now I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭puffdragon

Scary stuff this especially if you pause the video on 0:15 secs and again during the slo-mo on 0:25 secs you can see a wee boy in a hoodie just feet away from getting hit by that bike and grabbing his mother for safety, and there dosent seem to be any barriers just in front of where the bike fell either . Stupid!!

I'd say you'll hear more about this incident and no doubt there will be a call for the banning of motorcycles in upcoming parades, this messing around spoils the craic for everyone. I would however be sensitive towards the young motor-cyclist who in hindsight will see this as a stupid rush of blood and i'm sure didn't mean any harm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭stephendevlin

They should have had a gatso van there to prevent this accident

• Advertisement

Few speed bumps maybe?

Advertisement