Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Van Morrison

Options
  • 18-03-2011 11:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if Van plans on bringing the Astrel Weeks tour to Ireland anytime soon? (or any live show at all for that matter). His website has just been a blank page since the false allegations circling the internet about the kid he didn't have last year. I only ever saw him play live once and I'd absolutely love to listen to him live again. Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Hey Waraf,

Van just got announced as the Sunday headliner for the London Feis Festival (June 19th) a few days ago, looks like a pretty great line up!.......

http://londonfeis.com/

I don't know if he'll be performing Astral Weeks there, I doubt it, I seen him last year, he played a truly great set, but Astral Weeks would be magical! (fingers crossed!!!!!)

It seems Van is really avoiding Ireland, I mean he lives here most of the time (I think?) and the last time he played was Marley Park in 2001, to the best of my knowledge, Its a real pity, as he is a true master of his craft, Hopefully he'll add Irish dates soon!!!!!

Here is a very good unofficial Van Morrison blog for the latest news.....

http://vanmorrisonnews.blogspot.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭waraf

Cool, thanks for the info RG. I saw him in Killarney in 2006 and he was unbelievably good. I would give my right arm to see him perform Astral Weeks live :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭waraf

Woo hoo!! Two dates announced in the UK and more dates to follow apparently. (just got tickets on ticketmaster for the gig in Liverpool :):):):))

Great News Waraf!!! Just heard earlier myself,

I seen Van at the London Feis in June,
    Van and the Band were in great form! Very enjoyable concert!!!!

Have a good time in Liverpool!
    I'll sit and hope for that elusive Irish date!!!

2 More UK Dates Announced,

22-Sep-11 Colston Hall, Bristol, England

Tickets
    (On Sale Thur 4 Aug)

23-Sep-11 St. David's Hall, Cardiff, Wales
    Tickets
    (On Sale Thur 4 Aug)

Surely Dublin should be after Cardiff, Fingers Crossed!

• Advertisement
Advertisement