Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American Horror Story [US Pace - FX - Spoilers]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Anyone else have a bit of a crush on Dandy? His smile is great! Even if it is filled with sinister intentions.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,016 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

That felt like the season finale, or at least the penultimate episode, especially with the time jump and showing that new exhibit

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

That Pepper sequence was seriously intense, best thing they've done this season. I both love and hate when horror gets bleak like that. LOVED the Asylum throwback/flash forward.

At its best, this show can be at another level to the rest. Unfortunately during other parts of this episode I also found myself drifting off checking texts...so this series isn't exactly 'saved' or anything either. It's setup nicely at the 3/4 season finale - or whatever they intended that to be - though. Not even a Dandy scene so he's still lurking too. It's Christmas so I'll choose to be optimistic going into the last three. :pac:

Yep, because we all know the AHS characters always get happy endings. :)
    Though Pepper must've been really confused when Sister Jude took over the asylum.

Was reading a comment elsewhere that the actress who plays Pepper deserves to appear without all the prosthetics in a future season.

With one episode left, I think they've gone on a bit long, bringing in Chester just to pad things out.

Though it does seem like they realised they have too many of the characters alive and have to hurry and kill them off.
    Not sure what I think of Maggie's death since she had it coming but didn't think it would be Chester that did it.
    Stanley got something he would probably consider a fate worse than death
    The sale to Dandy seems like the makers just remembered they still had him to use. Though seeing Toulouse trip when Dandy came to the tents was a bit funny. Surprised they didn't reshoot it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

I didn't see the point in adding Chester:confused: His appearance was very random. They had more than enough bad guys to cover the ending, Stanley, Ellsa, Dell and especially Dandy who was kind of forgotten about I felt which was criminal since he's the best thing about it.

I liked the throwback to Asylum again with the young Oscar Arden before he fled Germany.

Looking forward to the finale, interesting to see if they do more flashbacks and how its all going to end.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭breakfasttime

Anyone else have a bit of a crush on Dandy? His smile is great! Even if it is filled with sinister intentions.

I like to think my crush is on Finn Winnrock and not Dandy himself, because that would raise many questions!

Was an okay finale. Ending for Elsa was kinda spoiled when they listed Wes Bentley in the opening credits.

The opening was like they realised they had too many characters still alive. Though Dandy's gun made Gene Wilder's seven shot six shooter from Blazing Saddles look bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,083 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ben Woolf (Meep) died - RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Season 5 will be AHS 'Hotel' and Lady Gaga is signed up to star in it.

She put a very short promo video up on twitter, its included in this article.

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/lady-gaga-american-horror-story-cast-season-5-ahs-fx-1201441136/#

• Advertisement

Season 5 will be AHS 'Hotel' and Lady Gaga is signed up to star in it.

She put a very short promo video up on twitter, its included in this article.

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/lady-gaga-american-horror-story-cast-season-5-ahs-fx-1201441136/#

Is Jessica Lange not coming back?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

No, Freak Show was her last season unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

just finished the season today. Overall it was pretty poor and the story wasn't great in the end. Individual episodes had some very memorable moments throughout. overall I'd give it a 6.5 for the season.

Jessica Lange not coming back for another season will be a huge blow to the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,031 ✭✭✭✭rob316

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Their is literally no point in watching the next season so. Excellent actress

I'm guessing the talk of Michelle Pfeiffer replacing Jessica Lange is only rumours

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

I've watched three episodes of this. Absolutely brilliant TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

'American Horror Story' Season 5 Cast: Max Greenfield Joins 'Hotel,' Unable To 'Check Out'?
    The actor joins a growing list of stars that include Sarah Paulson, Kathy Bates, Angela Bassett, Evan Peters, Matt Bomer, Wes Bentley, Cheyenne Jackson, Chloë Sevigny and Lady Gaga

Finn Wittrock joins

• Advertisement

Lady Gaga’s character will have relationships with Matt Bomer, Finn Wittrock, Cheyenne Jackson and Angela Bassett

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Oh so close now! Very excited to her that Lily Rabe is back this season, I missed her in season 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

If anyone saw last night's first episode of Hotel, what did you think of it?

The opening scene itself was pathetically lacking in horror, despite its attempts. It irritates me that the people who brought us the terror of Season 2 have since failed to even come close to matching it, instead bring us scene after scene after scene of extremely mediocre attempts at scaring us.

As for the episode as a whole, I thought it was full of crap, treating its viewers like vapid superficial brain-dead morons, saturating us with a barrage of completely unnecessary nudity and sex scenes, treating us like that was necessary just to keep our attention, and neglecting to actually begin a decent story; not at all helping the stereotype of gays being overly concerned with sexual explicitness, given that the creators, directors and half the cast are openly gay.

However, given my enjoyment of Seasons 1 and 2, parts of season 3, and the first half of season 4, I will give it an episode or two more to change my mind. In my experience, the greatest shows often start off slow. Although, ep1 of Hotel was more than just slow, it was hollow and patronising.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,992 ✭✭✭conorhal

Oh dear, Hotel looks like it has been universally panned by the critics already. Typically AHS is strong out of the gate for at least three or four episodes before the wheels start to come off the storytelling. After the last two seasons began strong only to dissapoint on a monumental level I figured I'd wait till the new series ended before deciding if I dip back in or not, but the show appears to have reached it's nadir so I think it will be safe to give it a skip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Yay, hurray, let the haters come and go, everyone loves to complain, etc etc. Can't wait to see what happens this season.

Gaga looks vicious.

It's not just about the haters though.. this episode, they're focusing more on visual style and trying to be artistic over anything that felt like horror, which would be fine, if the word horror didn't feature in the freakin' title.

Whole thing felt like something made by a film school graduate, who is trying to show off everything they learned in school - "oh look what I can do with these lenses. Look at this angle."

And then Lady Gaga.

Why in the eff are people casting her in anything? She's proven in Sin City 2 that she has the acting ability, charisma, and screen presence of a damp sponge. It's like the world is trying to turn her into the next Madonna, but at least Madonna has some acting chops.

I'll tune in next episode, because Kathy Bates is great, but so far she's the only saving grace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,783 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I thought it was grand, better than a lot of last season. I'm no fan of Gaga in general but I think she really fits the series. I forgot the New Girl guy was going to be in it, Jaysus, got an awful doing.

Advertisement