Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American Horror Story [US Pace - FX - Spoilers]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

Thumbs up from me

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Fairly average season - its plotting was a bit of a mess, leaping about the place although at least they brought back SCUM at the end so it wasn't a complete waste.

Felt suitable watching the finale today on the day Manson died, given how much Kai based his cult on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I really liked this season, it was one of my favourites. Yes it was all over the place at times with people switching sides and whatnot, but that's never not the case with AHS, and in this occasion at least it felt like there was a plan mapped out at the start that accounted for the twists (except for that feminist character). The episodes worked as standalones delving into other stories yet all fit the bigger picture, which is what an AHS Series should do. A welcome return to form for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭smilerf

I'm watching it late but I only watched 5 episodes before I called it a day. Terrible season.. Apart from Peters and the lesbian wan the acting was brutel

• Registered Users Posts: 86,083 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Joan Collins in for season 8 - TV Line

• Advertisement

Renewed for 9th and 10th

https://tvline.com/2018/08/03/american-horror-story-renewed-season-10-fx/

Jessica Lange returning for Apocalypse (8th)

American Horror Story Apocalypse premieres Thursday, 27th September 2018 at 10pm on Fox UK

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

I'm so excited, and so confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Will the first episode of season 8 be available on Netflix today, does anyone know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,552 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Really enjoyed the first episode of apocalypse.
    I have missed a few series tbh so watching cult as well.... Its an odd one so far does it get better!?!
    I don't think it will be added to Netflix one at a time as far as I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Do you need to watch Cult to watch this, is it linked in any way? I really didn't like Cult and gave up after two episodes, though I've seen the rest of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭smilerf

Cult was just terrible. The worst one.

Won’t spoiler it but the end of episode 1 was a direct crossover with series 1.

I liked the second episode of the new season, no sign of the characters from Coven yet but Michael Langdon is adding a nice eerieness to the proceedings... Looking forward to seeing where the story leads.

leggo wrote: »
    Won’t spoiler it but the end of episode 1 was a direct crossover with series 1.

How so? Not sure I remember seeing anything

rawn wrote: »
    How so? Not sure I remember seeing anything

The major link is Langdon. He takes the name from his father, Tate, from season 1, and adopted by his grandma Constance (Jessica Lange).

“Langdon was the child of Tate Langdon (Evan Peters) and Vivien Harmon (Connie Britton) who was born during the events of “Murder House.” It was revealed in the epilogue of the season finale that Michael is in fact the Anti-Christ, which will no doubt tie in with the “Apocalypse” theme of the new season.” (variety.com)

The major link is Langdon. He takes the name from his father, Tate, from season 1, and adopted by his grandma Constance (Jessica Lange).

“Langdon was the child of Tate Langdon (Evan Peters) and Vivien Harmon (Connie Britton) who was born during the events of “Murder House.” It was revealed in the epilogue of the season finale that Michael is in fact the Anti-Christ, which will no doubt tie in with the “Apocalypse” theme of the new season.” (variety.com)

Oh wow, thanks for pointing that out, Langdon rang a bell but it just didn't click at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭E mac

Just watched Ep 1 of apocalypse having never seen any other episodes of previous seasons will this be a problem? I assumed every season was different??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Is it just me or is this season atrociously bad? I enjoyed up until Hotel but thought Cult was bad so I stopped watching....but this is even worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,046 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Is it just me or is this season atrociously bad? I enjoyed up until Hotel but thought Cult was bad so I stopped watching....but this is even worse.

It's definitely bad, crap in fact.

I'm really enjoying it! It feels more like the first season to me

Michael Langdon shagged his own daddy (the rubber man gimp) or is Evan playing a new character not Tate?

Not sure what to make of this new season. The past couple of episodes have been entertaining, but it also feels a bit fan servicey rather than actually creepy/horrific or making any interesting satirical observations on society at large. I worry this season could fall apart as several have in the past, but for now I'm at least intrigued. Already it seems VERY Ryan Murphy at his worst impulses in seemingly throwing away the original storyline in favour of something completely different, but I'll give them time to tie it all together before I write it off.

One question:
    is Kathy Bates playing Jessica Lange's character from season one?
    I feel like I might be missing a tie-in there as they explained her origin in quite a throwaway fashion, or is it a new character for this season?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Sparko

leggo wrote: »
    Not sure what to make of this new season. The past couple of episodes have been entertaining, but it also feels a bit fan servicey rather than actually creepy/horrific or making any interesting satirical observations on society at large. I worry this season could fall apart as several have in the past, but for now I'm at least intrigued. Already it seems VERY Ryan Murphy at his worst impulses in seemingly throwing away the original storyline in favour of something completely different, but I'll give them time to tie it all together before I write it off.

One question:
    is Kathy Bates playing Jessica Lange's character from season one?
    I feel like I might be missing a tie-in there as they explained her origin in quite a throwaway fashion, or is it a new character for this season?

She's playing a new character,
    she's seemingly a robot and Langdon made a vague reference to her being programmed based on someone from his childhood, which would likely be Lange's character from season 1.

Yeah that’s what I’m thinking, they had a scene of them in a kitchen together and it looked like the same one but I couldn’t tell if it was the same one.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭duffysfarm

I have a question - can't remember the character names but one of the warlocks was at a petrol pump getting petrol and was killed by the woman. I presume this was pre apocalypse? The episode wasn't clear on this

Yeah the past two episodes are all flashbacks. In the present timeline, the witches have just returned and confronted Michael.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

This series is heading straight to the bottom of the pile. Pity.

• Advertisement

^a bit harsh! I’m enjoying it a lot. :)

Advertisement