Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American Horror Story [US Pace - FX - Spoilers]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

"AHS has used every horror cliche that has ever been used, once they are all used up, the show has to rely on plot and characterizations which, sad to say, is sorely lacking"

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/12/15/wednesday-cable-ratings-american-horror-story-falls-but-leads-sons-of-guns-moonshiners-psych-hot-in-cleveland-more/113923/

• Registered Users Posts: 43,865 ✭✭✭✭Basq

"AHS has used every horror cliche that has ever been used, once they are all used up, the show has to rely on plot and characterizations which, sad to say, is sorely lacking"
    You can't even have your own opinion now..

.. you've resorted to quoting other people's opinion!!

Jesus Rich!

Basq wrote: »
    You can't even have your own opinion now..

.. you've resorted to quoting other people's opinion!!

Jesus Rich!

I thought the quote/comment was bang on the money about the show, i've stopped watching it btw....along with The Walking Dead. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,865 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I thought the quote/comment was bang on the money about the show, i've stopped watching it btw
    If you've stopped watching it.. how can you think someone else's comment is on the money?

No sense... this.. makes!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

will there be a new/extra cast (new people living in the house) next season?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

Basq wrote: »
    If you've stopped watching it.. how can you think someone else's comment is on the money?

No sense... this.. makes!
    Maybe he's basing it on what he has watched. Makes sense to me, anyway.

I might give it another chance in light of the Golden Globe nom. Really didn't like what I saw of the first episode though.

Mindkiller wrote: »
    Maybe he's basing it on what he has watched. Makes sense to me, anyway.

I might give it another chance in light of the Golden Globe nom. Really didn't like what I saw of the first episode though.

I watched 9 eps. tbf....i gave it a fair old whack :)

will there be a new/extra cast (new people living in the house) next season?

Somehow, i doubt it....Murphy isin't brave enough to start afresh for season 2 with a brand new cast/house/story.

Wait and see!....... ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,382 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Checked out the pilot tonight. I preferred the first half to the second and in the end I was left wondering if this would work best as a 90 minute one off or a 3 part thing. Stylistically, it's interesting, Se7en and Sixth Sense ish, maybe, whilst trying to do its own thing. Creatively, it could go off the rails quite quickly if they make the wrong choices and I did find it a bit bonkers, but that's not really a complaint. On the negative side, I found the introduction of the other characters a little too rapid fire, though I get who they are, or at least who we're supposed to think they are, but their weirdness felt a bit overdone and that this didn't really mesh with the rest of the setup.

I'm leaning towards no in checking out any more of it...although I kinda feel I should because Connie Britton is in it.

Season finale tonight lads!!

• Advertisement

pah!,,,i see ryan murphy pulled a, well....ryan murphy with that finale.

fyi....in august he backtracked on the new season new house/cast thing;

http://www.tvline.com/2011/08/american-horror-story-fx-preview/

• Registered Users Posts: 86,080 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The shows been nominated for a Golden Globe in the TV drama section along with Jessica Lange in the TV actress section.

Constance is the best character on the show by far imo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Well that was ****

I actually thought it was pretty OK up until the end. Are they trying to make the child into a Damien from the Omen?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,783 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I thought it was a class finale. Very strange just like the show. Boney, I think they are trying to show that the child is gonna grow up to be just like his daddy ;)

i just feel it was all rushed, there was no drama or sense of danger or tension, the police just gave up looking for the kid,

It didn't explain what the doctor did in the house to make the child come back to life, his child from the 20s

What gave the house the power?

Is it built on a pet cemetary or ancient indian burial ground?

I read it was meant to be a 2 hour finale but FX cut it down to 70 minutes. so wonder what would have made the cut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭horsemeat

Really enjoyed it up until the last few episodes when it seemed to take a nosedive. that finale was all over the fucking place though. absolutely useless. weird show ends weirdly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

I was expected more after a brilliant episode last week. It's my first time watching such a dark drama but I still felt the finally was too "happily ever after"

As someone pointed out, it was a 2 hour finale cut down to 70 minutes, so I feel the fact it was somewhat rushed was the fault of the network rather than the show itself.

When they introduced the new family, I thought it was a wonderful idea - that they were going to get the introductions done and over right away so we could launch right into season two without any of that balls - and then - they left.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

I think last weeks episode should have been the finale to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

I actually thought it was pretty OK up until the end. Are they trying to make the child into a Damien from the Omen?

Well didn't Billie Dean (the medium) say that a child created by a living being and a ghost was along the lines of the pure embodiment of evil? It would make sense that the child starts it at a young age if he's going to be the devil's representative on earth :P
    allanb49 wrote: »
    i just feel it was all rushed, there was no drama or sense of danger or tension, the police just gave up looking for the kid,

It didn't explain what the doctor did in the house to make the child come back to life, his child from the 20s

What gave the house the power?

Is it built on a pet cemetary or ancient indian burial ground?

I read it was meant to be a 2 hour finale but FX cut it down to 70 minutes. so wonder what would have made the cut.

I like that its all unexplained. Leaves more to be discovered in series 2 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Just finished it.

Do they become the Adams Family now or something ??

Don't think I'll be partaking in Series 2. Too many ghosts, not enough story. Shame, should have been so much better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

A little disappointed at the finish, it was like it was changed at the last minute to accommodate the second series.

Think they've gone the route of heroes, would have been better for the one story with the harmons then a new story in another city next season, but how will they work it with the child, probably he needs to be close to the house to stay alive and the harmons have to lure him back and kill him akin to damien

See, it'd be interesting if they move into different genres of horror - this season it was Ghost story, next season its the whole evil embodiment thing, then the third season could be something entirely different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Rodger_Muir

allanb49 wrote: »
    Think they've gone the route of heroes, would have been better for the one story with the harmons then a new story in another city next season,

I'm pretty sure thats whats happening.
    http://www.tvline.com/2011/12/american-horror-story-season-2-spoilers/
    American Horror Story Season 2 Spoiler Alert: Find Out Who Will and Won't Be Back!
    Get More: News, Scoop, Spoilers

Michael Ausiello
    With American Horror Story‘s first season resting in peace, Ryan Murphy is turning his attention to the serial thriller’s second act.
    The show’s cocreator confirms that Season 2 will be “radically different” from Season 1. That means a new setting/locale and a (mostly) new cast.
    “The second season of the show will [feature] a brand new home or building to haunt,” Murphy said in a conference call with reporters on Thursday. ”It will also have a new overriding theme.”
    And in an unprecedented twist for an ongoing series, some current castmembers will return — but they’ll be playing new characters. (Murphy confirmed that current leads Connie Britton and Dylan McDermott will not be back, at least not as series regulars.) ”There will be familiar faces and some new faces,” said Murphy. “People that are coming back will be playing completely new characters… Getting to tell a different aspect of what an American horror story can be [every season] is fascinating.”
    Murphy added that he’s currently in talks with a few members of the Season 1 cast to return full time, but he declined to name names. An official announcement about the new ensemble and storyline will be made in February. In the meantime, Murphy offered this tantalizing tease: “There’s a clue in the last three episodes where we say what the second season will be.”

Did they explain why there is young Moira and old Moira?
    And gosh Connie Britton has not aged well

Jessica Lange, Zachary Quinto, Sarah Paulson, Evan Peters and Lily Rabe are back
    for Season 2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Couldn't care less about Quinto. Well chuffed about everyone else though especially Paulson & Rabe.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/04/19/american-horror-story-season-2/
    But don’t expect to see Lange reprise her role as cruel, campy Constance Langdon. Instead, she’ll be playing a new character altogether — fitting, since Murphy also explained that season 2 “is set in a completely different time period.”
    AHS cast members Paulson, Evan Peters, Lily Rabe, and Zachary Quinto will appear with Lange in Season 2; Murphy has not yet revealed which of them, if any, will play inmates at Lange’s asylum. They’ll also be joined by a new face: The Voice coach Adam Levine, who will play one of two “lovers,” alongside an actress yet to be named.

:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

Unless Alexandra Breckenridge is cast in Season 2 I won't be arsed tuning in. IMHO, Season 1 started off great, then descended into nonsense, and "Young Moira" was one of the only reasons to keep watching by that stage ;) .

Advertisement