Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American Horror Story [US Pace - FX - Spoilers]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

I really enjoyed the first season from beginning to end. Looking forward to the next one.
    RVD420 wrote: »
    Unless Alexandra Breckenridge is cast in Season 2 I won't be arsed tuning in. IMHO, Season 1 started off great, then descended into nonsense, and "Young Moira" was one of the only reasons to keep watching by that stage ;) .

At an event this week, it was confirmed that Sarah Paulson, Evan Peters and Lily Rabe would be returning - and that the whole Season 2 caboodle was going to revolve around Jessica Lange - but the creator and producer of AHS also hinted that other people who were not yet confirmed, but were on the stage for the press conference could play a part in season 2.

"The second season there will be other people up on this stage, who are not announced, who will also be in it but are playing the polar opposite of what they were in the first season in every way."

Just for the record, the other people on-stage, but not yet confirmed, for the AHS PR event included Connie Britton, Dylan McDermott, Denis O'Hare and Alexandra Breckenridge.

Seems to me that Murphy maybe has it in mind to develop a core troupe of actors for AHS who he admires and likes working with, and keeps refreshing the series with completely new characters and plots each season, using the established AHS core cast members.

http://uk.eonline.com/news/watch_with_kristin/american_horror_story_season-two/309948

Wikipedia tells me that Season 2 of AHS is slated to start in mid-October 2012.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

I thought Season 2 was going to be a totally different family / house / story?

Why would they get actors to come back and play different roles? Dont get me wrong I really enjoyed her in the first season but we're moving on right?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,080 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Chloe Sevigny is in final talks to join the second season

The second installment, titled American Horror Story: Asylum takes place in the 1960s at a New England sanitarium run by Lange and Joseph Fiennes. Though the asylum won't be filled with ghosts like Murder House, Murphy promises there will be no lack of scares. "I think the story is horrifying," he tells us. "The story is a period piece in a mental institution based largely on truth. And truth is always scarier than fiction." Adam Levine, Jenna Dewan, Clea DuVall, James Cromwell, Mark Consuelos, Chloë Sevigny, and Chris Zylka join returning cast members Zachary Quinto, Sarah Paulson, Evan Peters and Lily Rabe.

The "mini series" returns for a second season in October

• Registered Users Posts: 29,015 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 29,783 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Characters sound really good and teasers are setting it up nicely. Looking forward to this!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

I searched the tv guide but fx dont seem to have the second season on tonight. Is there a FX us station?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,865 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I searched the tv guide but fx dont seem to have the second season on tonight. Is there a FX us station?
    It's only airing in the US tonight.

It'll be on FX UK on October 30th.

Thanks Basq. cant wait:)

Yeah, lots of hype for this....tbh i watched the first eight eps. of season one and bowed out, so i think i'll pass on season 2. TBF it's actually a pretty good show so i've nothing really negative to say.

It just wasn't for me....being a 16-year-old girl and all into horses :-)

Richard tea....... :eek:

hmmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Yeah so Season 2 is officially a billion times creepier than the first!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

I hated the premiere!
    Count me out for the rest of the season.

Pants.

They lost me with the aliens.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mrkite77

They lost me with the aliens.

You're assuming the aliens were real.

I really enjoyed it. Dont forget, season 1 started off a bit tame also. I love the way they have kept some of the actors for season 2. I couldnt wait for the premiere on the 30th:o

Thing is that at least Season One knew what it was. It's like this one hasn't any idea and is throwing everything out there - abductions, insanity, mutants (seems to have led that way with the whole discussion of Gamma rays), ghosts and religion. It seemed like it was a bit of a mess with barely any creepiness that the first had.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Found the first one reasonably interesting but as boneyarsebogman says they threw alot of stuff into the mix and it will be interesting to be seen if they can tie it all together convincingly.

Certainly will be sticking with it for a few more episodes to see how it develops, until there is firm evidence to the contrary I remain cautiously optimistic. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

The present day plot seems so pointless and tacked on.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,865 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Good Jesus... that was boring!

Bring back the likes of Denis O Hare! :(

Turned it off half way through. Really was a chore to even get that far. There were major pacing issues, everyone looked a little bored and a real sense that the writers hadn't a clue what they wanted to do or where they wanted to take the show do just decided, screw it lets throw everything into the mix.

As bad as season one was at time at least it was constantly entertaining with a sense that everything was there for a reason. If subsequent episodes are well received I may give it another chance but there's just far too much great TV out there to ignore in favor of this sorry mess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭PC CDROM

I really enjoyed it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Turned it off half way through. Really was a chore to even get that far. There were major pacing issues, everyone looked a little bored and a real sense that the writers hadn't a clue what they wanted to do or where they wanted to take the show do just decided, screw it lets throw everything into the mix.

As bad as season one was at time at least it was constantly entertaining with a sense that everything was there for a reason. If subsequent episodes are well received I may give it another chance but there's just far too much great TV out there to ignore in favor of this sorry mess.

Think i'm gonna do the same tbh. It reminded me a bit of House of a 1000 corpses, it didn't really have any clue where it was going for most of the plot. Episode one always tends to be strong even on bad shows so not a great sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

I watched it last night - I thought it was pretty damn good! People need to give it a chance. "Asylum" is understandably a harder series to get into, I think, because the main setting is a much more hostile environment, in comparison to a home with a past and a few poltergeists. New characters are being introduced left right and centre, so it's bound to take at least a few episodes (or the entire mini-series) to warm to them, but I for one find them intriguing, and I am dying (sorry ;)) to get to know them better. I loved the first series, but I already like the fact that it's very different animal this time, with a disjointed style that kinda makes you feel like you're going crazy too. :pac: And I love the continuing throwbacks to classic horror masterpieces, like using music from the soundtrack to Carrie in the season premiere. :)

Here's a link to a few insights offered by Sarah Paulson and Zachary Quinto about the new season:
    http://blastr.com/2012/10/american-horror-story-cas-1.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭PC CDROM

I watched it last night - I thought it was pretty damn good! People need to give it a chance. "Asylum" is understandably a harder series to get into, I think, because the main setting is a much more hostile environment, in comparison to a home with a past and a few poltergeists. New characters are being introduced left right and centre, so it's bound to take at least a few episodes (or the entire mini-series) to warm to them, but I for one find them intriguing, and I am dying (sorry ;)) to get to know them better. I loved the first series, but I already like the fact that it's very different animal this time, with a disjointed style that kinda makes you feel like you're going crazy too. :pac: And I love the continuing throwbacks to classic horror masterpieces, like using music from the soundtrack to Carrie in the season premiere. :)

Here's a link to a few insights offered by Sarah Paulson and Zachary Quinto about the new season:
    http://blastr.com/2012/10/american-horror-story-cas-1.php

Nice post.

What amazes me reading this forum is that people seem to have difficulty suspending their beliefs or just let a story be told. Hinging on minor detail over a story. Like mentioning actors "perfect teeth" in Revolution (I am not being mean saying that btw)

To me American Horror story is much like a Grimm tale of old. They told the first one and it is now a stand a lone "Tale"

I like that. On the off chance that they somehow manage to link the two the well done :D:o

I know a lot of us are damaged "Losties" but it is still about being entertained in my book, and American Horror story does that in bucket loads in my world.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Two episodes in still not sure about season two, will give it another episode or two but so far definately leaning towards more towards meh.

Wierd? Definately.

Any good? We shall see...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭rorrissey

Loving the new series so far, a lot creepier/twisted than the first!
    Lana Winters looks a lot like Lana Del Rey, the singer, in my opinion!

Advertisement