Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American Horror Story [US Pace - FX - Spoilers]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,046 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

The doctor is not a nice man at all,
    In fact he's an out and out bastard, poor old Chloe Sevigny - legless!
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Really enjoying this series, totally different from the first. Knew there was something shady about jessica lange character.
    Anyone have a link to viewer figures?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Hurricane Carter

Absolutely loving this series!

This is without doubt the best horror I've seen in a good while.

The characters are excellent. Jessica Lange is incredible, as is James Cromwell.

I think the criticism is completely unfounded.

As a previous poster mentioned, you need to suspend belief with, well most if not all stories of this nature.

The same people will go see the Hobbit and say it's amazing!

Really enjoying this series, totally different from the first. Knew there was something shady about jessica lange character.
    Anyone have a link to viewer figures?

You don't miss much do you?:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

• Registered Users Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Very atmospheric and well-acted. James Cromwell has come a long way since 'Babe'.

Just one thing is getting to me - the contemporary scenes. It's like a glued-on half-formed storyline. Hopefully they'll develop it, give it more airtime and make sense of it.

At the moment, it's just a "Wha?".

eVeNtInE wrote: »

... and
    the attic got a mention
    :D

Since we're discussing the current episode, without guessing future ones, we can talk openly without spoilers?

The Anne Frank thing doesn't really bother me. I mean we don't actually know what happened to her after the diary ends. Maybe she was too sick to tell them her name and maybe somehow she did make it to America. It's an interesting idea and a lot more convincing than aliens.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,080 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

FX has ordered a third installment of American Horror
    Story the network announced Thursday

Jessica Lange rejoices :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

It actually turns my stomach a lot of the time but its really good. Really creepy and weird. Wonder what direction they are going to take it from next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭connollys

Much better than last season I think. Quinto is excellant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

The last episode - Episode 6, 'The Origins Of Monstrosity' - was an absolute barnstormer. From finding out the depths of depravity of Quinto's character to the continued development of Cromwell's Doctor and the devilish nun, everything seemed to come into focus all at once - at which point they threw in the evil little girl and started to give more hints about the contemporary scenes.

Breathtaking stuff. With absolutely no basis for expecting it, I somehow can't shake the feeling that the action will jump predominantly into the present-day in not-too-many episodes from now. If nothing else, it would make sense of the present-day 'flash-forwards' and throw everything into the kind of disorienting loop that Ryan Murphy seems to like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I started watching this on Monday, Now on episode 4 of series 2 :o It's so bloody good! I like the 2nd series slightly more than the first because it's a lot..... weirder and darker.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Latest episode is delightfully bizarre/gothic and dark!

Really enjoying this entire season :D It's so absolutely bats**t insane!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Such a great series, stellar acting from Lange and the rest of the cast. Notice how all the naysayers who were giving out about the season premiere have gone very quiet now. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Such a great series, stellar acting from Lange and the rest of the cast. Notice how all the naysayers who were giving out about the season premiere have gone very quiet now. :P

I gave up on episode 3. :pac: But going by the comments there appears to have been in a leap in quality. I might check it out during the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭giggii

Corkfeen wrote: »
    I gave up on episode 3. :pac: But going by the comments there appears to have been in a leap in quality. I might check it out during the weekend.

I nearly gave up on it following the first episode or two this season... I'm so glad I persevered though! Now I'm enjoying season 2 even more than season 1, it's so much more bizzare! :)

Enjoyed last night's episode, not quite as much as previous episodes but it was still really entertaining! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Anyone still watching this? Had probably the most unexpected brilliant musical number in any show I've ever seen. Probably the only time in the series we probably get to see all the characters actually smiling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

I saw episode 10 just now. This series continues to blow me away, it's absolutely incredible. And that musical number, oh my God, superb! :D

I'm still unsure as to what to make of the whole Alien slant. Other than that, it keeps surprising. Sad to see an end to the devil and the Nazi though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Season 2 finale on Wednesday, already renewed for a third.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭PC CDROM

This is easily my Favourite show at the moment. I cannot recommend it enough to people. In saying that it "ticks" all my boxes. So maybe it ain't for everyone.

I enjoyed the first "story" they told in the first series but this second series just keeps on giving. It is nothing short of brilliant in my opinion. The writing is excellent. For example and I may get this wrong, but when Lovejoy was in it and she said to him... it was ruff when you were in that cell and those five men took your virginity....oh..sorry.. the first one did that... the rest took your dignity. Was pure class. Up there with Game Of Thrones.

And then that scene in posts above where they played that song the name game, well I had a grin on my head that you wouldn't believe. Those "glee" people know how to show a good story on screen. (plus they all looked like they were having the craic doing it!)

It really rocks my TV world at the mo.

But as a disclaimer my missus says I watch some sh1te :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Season 2 finale tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Ok once again I was really impressed with AHS. I didnt think it was as good as season one but season 2 got better by the episode. Ill say nothing else cause I dont want to spoil anything. Looking forward to season 3. We have had the season 1 haunted house. Season 2 ghostly, demon, ufo theme. I wonder what season 3 will be based on:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭connollys

I thought this season started excellantly but I just kinda lost interest in the last few episodes. Didnt enjoy any of the alien angle, should have stuck with Threadson, Arden, Mary Eunice. Like the Mary Eunice demon was wrapped up too quickly and they never expanded on the human experiments Arden was up to. Develop these more and forget about the aliens and it would have been better, IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Finally caught up with it!

Thought it was great, had nice ways of wrapping up all the characters.

Roll on Season 3 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Corkfeen wrote: »

By all means give it another go but I was like you, persevered for 8 episodes of season 1 and then I had to concede defeat. This show is awful. It goes nowhere, and becomes more and more ridiculous as the series goes on. The whole thing just seems pointless, style over substance for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I thought the finale of season 2 was poor, it seemed to fizzle out instead of building to a climax, the big character moments happened long before it ended, and some characters didnt get a proper payoff, all the interesting ones were gone before the end. think 13 episodes is too long, 10 would be enough to do a tighter story arc. Enjoyed the series overall , there's talk of the next one being set during the Salem witch trials, that'd be cool.

Advertisement