Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American Horror Story [US Pace - FX - Spoilers]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Watched the final two episodes last nite, I also thought it was a terrible ending. Really poor couple of episodes, especially the last one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Agree with the last few posts- the last two episodes were really poor.
    I think they were trying to make the Dylan McDermott character out to be an important but he was hardly in any of the episodes before the finale so I just didn't care about him. Overall I think i enjoyed the first season more since the storyline was more tightly plotted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

I think they were trying to make the Dylan McDermott character out to be an important but he was hardly in any of the episodes before the finale so I just didn't care about him. Overall I think i enjoyed the first season more since the storyline was more tightly plotted.
    You may be forgetting the first few episodes, with BloodyFace2.0 very much in operation in modern-day Briarcliff. We didn't actually see McDermott but his character has had a continuing role throughout the season, becoming more prominent towards the end of the tale.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

mcgovern wrote: »
    Watched the final two episodes last nite, I also thought it was a terrible ending. Really poor couple of episodes, especially the last one.

It was so, so good until
    Sister Mary Eunice and Arden went out of it,
    then the tone completely changed and where you thought it was going wasn't that at all, now there's loads of unexpected stuff throughout the series but the
    aliens
    storyline went nowhere, and
    the fates of most of the characters was just washed over, Jude just dies in a bed and Kit gets abducted? ok then
    . It was like they had no idea how to end it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

krudler wrote: »
    It was so, so good until
    Sister Mary Eunice and Arden went out of it,
    then the tone completely changed and where you thought it was going wasn't that at all, now there's loads of unexpected stuff throughout the series but the
    aliens
    storyline went nowhere, and
    the fates of most of the characters was just washed over, Jude just dies in a bed and Kit gets abducted? ok then
    . It was like they had no idea how to end it.

Agreed, also, what was the point of Ardens
    creatures, they hardly featured after being teased
    It seemed like they just said, "See how much different crap you can get in there, don't worry about developing any of it".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

mcgovern wrote: »
    Agreed, also, what was the point of Ardens
    creatures, they hardly featured after being teased
    It seemed like they just said, "See how much different crap you can get in there, don't worry about developing any of it".

Yeah, they were a really interesting part of it and it was just abandoned, same as
    Sister Mary Eunice being possessed, once she died that was it, she's the villain of the series and goes out in a flash with no aftermath
    . Same as
    the aliens, went into no depth, for so much of the season it was better than S1 and then it kinda died on it arse in the last few episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,081 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Frances Conroy and Taissa Farmiga in for a third season

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Great news. I hope they bring back Alexandra Breckenridge too.

Kathy Bates in talks also to join Season 3 :cool:

Season 3 called Coven (must be about witches) and Kathy Bates officially in now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,046 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Season 3 called Coven (must be about witches) and Kathy Bates officially in now

I wonder if she's getting her sledgehammer out of mothballs?:eek:

Angela Bassett and Patti LuPone are now in for Coven

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Emma-Roberts-American-Horror-Show-1066002.aspx

Ryan Murphy is adding yet another familiar face to the upcoming third season of American Horror Story.
    Emma Roberts will star on this year's witch-themed installment titled Coven, TVLine reports.
    Roberts, 22, will play a self-obsessed party girl named Madison. She joins her real-life boyfriend Evan Peters, who has starred on the horror show since Season 1.
    Other AHS newcomers include Kathy Bates, Angela Bassett, Patti LuPone and Gabourey Sidibe. Jessica Lange, Taissa Farmiga, Sarah Paulson, Lily Rabe, and Frances Conroy are all poised to return.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,768 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Can anybody tell me if season 2 is much good. I have two episodes left of season 1 and i am a bit underwhelmed. Is season 2 an improvement on season 1 not sure if i should bother watching it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,908 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Season 2 was excellent for large parts, kinda went kookie towards the end. Definitely worth a watch though.

americanhorrorstorysmall.jpg

The new season is set to premiere on Wednesday, October 9th at 10pm

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Anyone know when this is back.I really love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,500 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

October 9th in the States.

Ok thanks i will keep my eye out

• Advertisement

dubstarr wrote: »
    Anyone know when this is back.I really love it.

It will air on FOX in the UK from October 29

That was a pretty interesting opener. Not 100% sure about Emma Roberts, but that's generally because I don't find her that great an actor. Nice to see some returning faces, especially Jamie Brewer, who's Addie was, for me, one of the best things about the first season. Really hope her and Lange share some screen time together, as they had some amazing chemistry.

Agree 100% about Emma Roberts. I'm just not feeling it from her. Which is a shame because I usually fall head over heels for the bitch characters, but all I see is Emma Roberts being Emma Roberts.

Cant wait to see this.I usually feel the same about Emma Roberts but give her a chance she might surprise us

DeWitt wrote: »
    Agree 100% about Emma Roberts. I'm just not feeling it from her. Which is a shame because I usually fall head over heels for the bitch characters, but all I see is Emma Roberts being Emma Roberts.

That is the usually shtick that she does, isn't it? It's such a pity, because she's surrounded by far more superior actors, so she'll likely come off the weakest of the bunch.

Some interesting camera angles too, as if someone has watched a masterclass in horror movies.

DeWitt wrote: »

She is dating Evan Peters, is that why she was cast this season?

Hopefully Jessica Lange's character kills Madison

Well, that was a whole heap of Weird Science mixed with Frankenstein. Interesting episode!

Go figure, and just when Madison was starting to grow on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

I can't help but draw parallels between FrankenKyle and the Minotaur. Both were once young men transformed by magic into something supernatural with body parts that are not their own. I can't help but wonder if these two storylines will intersect at some point.

• Advertisement

Advertisement