Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a few boards idiots

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Agreed but its pointless arguing with them.

They think its funny.

Be warned if ye do watch it.

Dog is tied to a rope about 10 feet in the air spun around at a fast speed to get him dizzy .
    Then flung off into a stream/river to see if he can swim

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Daisy!

dave1982 wrote: »
    Agreed but its pointless arguing with them.

They think its funny.

Be warned if ye do watch it.

Dog is tied to a rope about 10 feet in the air spun around at a fast speed to get him dizzy .
    Then flung off into a stream/river to see if he can swim

Thank you for the warning :( Seeing that would probably stay with me forever.

Do you mean it was a Boards poster that posted this? :confused: Things like that shouldn't be allowed on Boards, who needs to see something like that?! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭pitbull_fanatic

ya i no. it was in the after hours part. i dont understand some peoples humour at all...

nah no point in arguin witt them. they look fairly clannish

Daisy! wrote: »
    Thank you for the warning :( Seeing that would probably stay with me forever.

Do you mean it was a Boards poster that posted this? :confused: Things like that shouldn't be allowed on Boards, who needs to see something like that?! :mad:

Its about 2 minutes long admittedly i only watched a few seconds of it but it was enough.

Allowed on boards?

Sadly yes and its apparently a great laugh

It has now moved on to videos of dog worship in India.

I'm not checking that video

• Advertisement

i just looked at it. looks a bit ****. i think they are actually worshiping them. bout 10 mins long so i couldnt be bothered. its in indian as well so i dont know is it true or sarcastic??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

dave1982 wrote: »
    It has now moved on to videos of dog worship in India.

I'm not checking that video

This video?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,939 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

ya i no. it was in the after hours part. i dont understand some peoples humour at all...

nah no point in arguin witt them. they look fairly clannish

Yeah, no point arguin over it on After Hours as the modding on there is ridiculous at times, they'll get the ban hammer out for the tiniest thing but leave stuff like this in.

i just looked at it. looks a bit ****. i think they are actually worshiping them. bout 10 mins long so i couldnt be bothered. its in indian as well so i dont know is it true or sarcastic??

Was afraid they moved onto something worse

scudzilla wrote: »
    Yeah, no point arguin over it on After Hours as the modding on there is ridiculous at times, they'll get the ban hammer out for the tiniest thing but leave stuff like this in.

I reported it. It's been locked for whatever reason but it should be taken down completely. And I don't need to see it, peoples' comments explained it enough. Seriously bad form that that was left up for so long.

• Advertisement

nah dont think so. its d vid he reposted above. as i say its too long ta look at...

Sorry i flicked onto 2:18 and seen a black pot on the boil and people cleaning a dog.

I jumped to the worse scenario

I reported it. It's been locked for whatever reason but it should be taken down completely. And I don't need to see it, peoples' comments explained it enough. Seriously bad form that that was left up for so long.

I don't agree that the thread should have been removed completely, all links should have been removed and instead of just locking the thread it should have been locked with the message that any type of Animal Cruelty being posted will result in perma bans. Just my opinion of course.

well spotted dave! i missed that when i flicked throuigh. scudzilla completely agree. mod commented and locked it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

alot of people like myself would never have known about dog spinning until the OP opened my eyes by posting that video. Videos like these influence people into been more charitable towards dog charities. there should have aleast been a warning in the title instead of pulling the vid completly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

I don't agree that the thread should have been removed completely, all links should have been removed and instead of just locking the thread it should have been locked with the message that any type of Animal Cruelty being posted will result in perma bans. Just my opinion of course.

+1 What were the Mods thinking. You'd get hammered for just veering off the straight line on some threads and the you have this sort of thing allowed. Dose'nt make sense.:mad:

major bill wrote: »
    alot of people like myself would never have known about dog spinning until the OP opened my eyes by posting that video. Videos like these influence people into been more charitable towards dog charities. there should have aleast been a warning in the title instead of pulling the vid completly

Ah great, lets all go watch some other sick shiit then.

It shouldn't have been posted full stop, if people didn't watch it then the sicko's would be less tempted to do it and film it

how was it even found like?? someone on youtube...hmmm lets see if theres any videos of dog spinning?? ah here we go...??

major bill wrote: »

Agreed there should have been a warning even though its not allowed.
    Wish i knew what i was going to see before i clicked it.Actually can still picture it.
    if i had known i wouldn't have played it

However i don't agree people should see this and it will help prevent cruelty.

I say it's more likely to cause people to attempt to copy it themselves, especially with idiots laughing at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Ah great, lets all go watch some other sick shiit then.

It shouldn't have been posted full stop, if people didn't watch it then the sicko's would be less tempted to do it and film it

apparently its been going on for centuries way before the invention of the video camera. The more its brought to light the more chance of it been stopped. the video camera is a great tool for getting **** done and whipping people into a frenzy but yet people like yourself will just have the thing removed.

• Advertisement

Any its a small but good victory getting the thread locked for animal lovers :D

HI 5!!!!

funny-pictures-kitten-asks-for-a-high-five.jpg

high_5_dog.jpg

success_dog.jpg

129132361550991711.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭serenacat

I didnt see it but i dont want to anyway. Sociopaths who laugh at animals being harmed are those that become murders late on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I support all of these horrific video's being shown & promoted. Yes you will attract idiots who think that it's funny but the majority will be rightly horrified. At least the idiots come out into the open & their attitude is there for all to see. Sick practices happen because they remain secret. Now, anyone who wants to, can contact the Bulgarian government who are actively promoting tourism to their country.

The exposure of 10,000 dead Greyhounds in the UK had a dramatic influence on the general public's view of racing. If these videos are not shown then dogs will suffer every year. Maybe, if enough people complain, then these dogs will be the last to suffer "spinning".

Discodog wrote: »
    I support all of these horrific video's being shown & promoted. Yes you will attract idiots who think that it's funny but the majority will be rightly horrified. At least the idiots come out into the open & their attitude is there for all to see. Sick practices happen because they remain secret. Now, anyone who wants to, can contact the Bulgarian government who are actively promoting tourism to their country.

The exposure of 10,000 dead Greyhounds in the UK had a dramatic influence on the general public's view of racing. If these videos are not shown then dogs will suffer every year. Maybe, if enough people complain, then these dogs will be the last to suffer "spinning".

As much as I hate these videos the more I think about it the more you have a point there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Just for anyone who didnt see the thread. It was made in Bulgaria(the video, not the thread :) ) and they used to use that method years ago because they thought it prevented Rabies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

It is banned but still goes on:

"Brodilovo mayor Petko Arnaoudov said he had banned the ritual in 2006, but he could not stop rogue elements in the village from still carrying it out believing that the failure last year to hold the event was to blame for a foot-and-mouth disease outbreak which struck in the area for the first time in 12 years. "You cannot stop a traditional custom with a simple order," Arnaoudov said. "I gave this order only because animal rights organizations caused a fuss back then, but I am backing the villagers now. It's an old tradition, and we have to preserve our traditions."

Old traditions - bad news if you are a Witch :eek:

Advertisement