Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tian Sheng Spitfire 821 - any tips?

Options
  • 19-03-2011 12:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 24,217 ✭✭✭✭

Finally got around to building my christmas present from the o/h. Unfortunately the instructions were pretty badly translated as it's a 'made in china' job and I can't find much on the internet about this model beyond stores selling it:

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/373653596/TianSheng_RC_plane_Spitfire.html

Anyone have any experience of these? How do I pair the radio controller to the plane's receiver, the instructions were diabolically translated in this area and left me completely confused.

Was thinking St. Anne's Park might be a good place to try it out? Or even head up to the Phoenix Park and see if any of the regulars there would have any tips?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Have you ever flown before? If the answer is no, get lessons.

If you want to do it the hard way, go ahead.:mad:

I don't fly but what I've read its the mistake.

Please tell how you get on and a few pics would be nice too.

Good luck :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,217 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Nope, never flown before so lessons would be great if there's any available near me.

It's an electric engine running a foam plane, there's a video of one in action at the manufacturer's website:

http://www.tiansheng-model.com/product_view.asp?id=156

The radio control unit has 4 channels and another switch beside them with FPRDL1 written underneath it so I've no idea how to connect the controller to the unit in the airplane... :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Spitfires and learning to fly ..... could be a short trip and that would be a big "downer".
    Get a simulator, fly a spit on it, see what happens, and adjust your plans accordingly.

coolwings wrote: »
    Spitfires and learning to fly ..... could be a short trip and that would be a big "downer".
    Get a simulator, fly a spit on it, see what happens, and adjust your plans accordingly.

What simulator do you recommend:) I used FMS but its not great buts its free.

Thanks.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Greenman wrote: »
    What simulator do you recommend:) I used FMS but its not great buts its free.

Thanks.

Well any of Realflight, Aerofly pro Deluxe or Reflex XTR are all brilliant if you've got 200 yoyos to spare!
    But the basic versions, like eg Realflight Basic, The icarus one (can't remember the name) or Phoenix do the job for half that.
    And as you say FMS is free .....

The better it is, the less you tire of using it I guess. And they definitely pay for themselves many times over.

• Advertisement

So, a spitfire is next to impossible to learn with?

I really don't have the finances to buy something easier to learn with so it looks like I'm in trouble!

Sleepy wrote: »

I really don't have the finances to buy something easier to learn with so it looks like I'm in trouble!

I'm sure one of the lads here might/will help you out, any takers.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

It would not be impossible to learn on, but any plane would be more or less impossible to learn on without an experienced flier beside you. Trainer planes are a bit easier because they are high wing ones which make them inherently more stable, they are usually tougher than scale type models, and usually a littly slower in response so you learn not to over correct easier.

But to learn on a spitfire would be possible. But try it on your own and it will be practically impossible even after using the simulator. It would make you think it is far more difficult to fly than it actually is when you crash straight away. Bring it to navan and we can get it going if you dont find someone nearer.

Glad to hear I haven't got an unusable toy, especially since it was a present (bought because I've always said the first thing I'd buy out of a Euromillions win would be an actual spitfire!).

Anyone around Dublin fancy taking a complete n00b under their wing? (or is that a dreadful pun around these parts?!)

Anyone around Dublin fancy taking a complete n00b under their wing? (or is that a dreadful pun around these parts?!)

Pulled from another thread but what about
    Here you go.

Leinster Model Flying Club
    Phone: 01-6241585
    Email: lmfclub@hotmail.com
    www.lmfclub.com

Flying Site Location Coordinates
    Phoenix Park 5321N 0620W
    :):):)

Let us know if you get flying:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement