Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Steeples, Upper William Street

• 19-03-2011 1:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭

A friend of mine is looking to rent in the The Steeples Apartment Complex on Upper William Street! Anyone have any thoughts on this area (negative or positive)? I suppose the important thing is whether or not its bad for getting a good nights kip!:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Negative. The residents(not all) tend to throw their rubbish one by one over the balcony onto the road below. I have seen it loads of times but of course by the time you look up nobody is there.

They throw anything from milk cartons to cereal box's down.

That's my only experience. Built during the good times so likely have little to no sound insulation either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

I wouldn't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

+1 no.

Google is your friend, armed burglary few weeks ago. 2 women robbed in apartment at knife point.

Which could happen anywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

really not a good place to live. tell your friend to stay away, they're probably drawn by the low rent in the place, buy theres a very good reason for the low rent. place is a kip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

Yea stay clear of this place. It's a dump.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 neevodee

I lived there a few years ago but moved as the rent was too high. 730 for a two bed at the time. There was a guy who used hang around outside who was very dodgy and people could come and go into the hallway and elevator area as they pleased so wasn't the safest even then. Heard its gotten worse now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Vikdun

Is the above near the steeples? I would like to move back to Limerick but by this stage, I am extremely cautious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

It's next door to the Steeples. Slightly, very slightly, better but still far from ideal.
    Not the greatest of areas at night, and not a whole lot better during the day.
    If your friend really has to stay in the city centre then they will have to pay a bit more for somewhere with less hassle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

zombie thread.

/closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement