Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First time clubbing

Options
  • 19-03-2011 1:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭

Hey guys, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this question but anyway....
    I'm going out clubbing for the first time next Friday and have a few qustions about it.
    What do you wear when going clubbing? Shoes, jeans, casual shirt? (I'm a guy)
    Also, will they accept a passport or a provisional driving licence as I.D.?
    Thanks for any help guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 paradice

well there's two way you can do it, you can go for a casual out-going look. this is just wearing clean cool looking sneakers with jeans nd a really nic t-shirt. i wudn't recommend u 2 wear skinny jeans. u can go heavy with the gel if u want. a cool jacket wud help too. i personally prefer black or white but thats just me lol.

you can also go for a more mature stylish look. this is just wearing flat sole shoe ( lyk wat u wear for skool ) or boots to tuck the jeans in. then u can wear a plain colour t-shirt with a suit jacket or just a plain long sleeve shirt. dnt tuck the shirt in nd watever jeans shud b fine. yes, they take passport nd license as i.d, hopes dis help nd hav a great nyt ^^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

The above post is comedy gold :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

Hmmmm,

You would have to ask yourself first why you feel the need to ask such a question?

Why not just wear what you like would negate the need to ask the question.

If your intention is though to somehow receive guidance so as not to stick out in what ever venue your going to, i would be questioning,

1. The type of venue you have chosen.
    2. The people you are intending to impress with your researched clothing.

I hear theres a great venue called the ASYLUM and it doesnt matter a fúck what you wear or if you have ID or not.........sorry that was just me daydreaming again:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

There's **** all dress policy in Dublin. I just wear a t-shirt, jeans and runners, and I've certainly never been turned back for neglecting to go heavy on the hair gel.

My only piece of advice re. attire would be not to wear a Ben Sherman shirt with bootcut jeans and shoes. It'll either make you look like a knacker or scream "This is my first big night out on the town!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

Don't wear arseless pants and a butt plug like my first night out on the town. I was mortified when the bouncers wouldn't let me in. Also, it made the bus journey home a bit awkward…

• Advertisement

Any club that has en elitist door policy/dress code is not worth going to in my opinion end of story.

Don't wear arseless pants and a butt plug like my first night out on the town. I was mortified when the bouncers wouldn't let me in. Also, it made the bus journey home a bit awkward…

haha :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭resistantdoor

Hmmmm,

You would have to ask yourself first why you feel the need to ask such a question?

Why not just wear what you like would negate the need to ask the question.

If your intention is though to somehow receive guidance so as not to stick out in what ever venue your going to, i would be questioning,

1. The type of venue you have chosen.
    2. The people you are intending to impress with your researched clothing.

I hear theres a great venue called the ASYLUM and it doesnt matter a fúck what you wear or if you have ID or not.........sorry that was just me daydreaming again:(

I'm not trying to impress anyone. Its just that I don't want to be turned down on the night for not having the appropriate attire (e.g. runners instead of shoes) and have that ruin the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

large black lensless glasses help give that mature look :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

I don't know where the other posters go to clubs, but most I know won't let you in wearing runners, so wear shoes.
    Just don't wear a sports jersey, tracksuit or hoody. You should be fine.
    Enjoy!!!

• Advertisement

ElleEm wrote: »
    I don't know where the other posters go to clubs, but most I know won't let you in wearing runners, so wear shoes.
    Enjoy!!!

This is the dress code where jonny and is mise go:

6a00d83451b8c369e200e5539f50238834-800wi.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭francois

6a00d83451b8c369e200e5539f50238834-800wi.jpg

Where did you pick up that pic of Gregg from? :D

Android 666 pictured yesterday :D

prod_228_5883.jpg

jonnny68 wrote: »
    Android 666 pictured yesterday :D

prod_228_5883.jpg

Yeah, some hardcore had come on the radio, it was an involuntary reflex…

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

ElleEm wrote: »
    Enjoy!!!
    My feet be in bits in shoes, and what's wrong with tracksuits :eek:

Yeah, some hardcore had come on the radio, it was an involuntary reflex…
    just out of morbid curiosity what genre of dance music is it that do you like ive hardly ever seen you discussing anything much about the music in general you do the majority of your spouting in the off topic thread.

Oh yeah were you bullied in school?

just out of morbid curiosity what genre of dance music is it that do you like ive hardly ever seen you discussing anything much about the music in general you do the majority of your spouting in the off topic thread.

Ah you know, mainly country and Irish. Anything with a good fisting beat to it
    Oh yeah were you bullied in school?

Aye, until I set fire to myself in chemistry class and then I was a hero…

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭resistantdoor

How much would you guys usually need for a good night out (considering the place I'm going to is €5 entry fee, €5 pints, €4.20 shots)?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

Realistically more like this, although this may have you laughing your ass off aswell but we may aswell be accurate,;)

raver_1992.jpg

Advertisement