Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help, anyway to find data on deleted message

Options
  • 19-03-2011 5:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭

I need to find out if I received a text message or not.

I remember opening a message (in a early morning half sleep/half drunk mode, but then I fell back asleep and when I woke up there was no message). I don't know if it was a dream or not. I could well have deleted the message by rolling over on my phone.

I do know however the message(fact or fictional) was very important.

Ideally I'd like to be able to recover the message but from a bit of research that doesn't seem possible (Nokia 3110c)

I tried ringing meteor to see if they could at least let me know if I had received a message between 06.00 and 11.00 but they said they don't keep data like that due to data protection etc. (thought they could atleast tell me, it was not like I was asking for specific data about the message)

Right now I'd be happy just to know if I received a message or not, don't care who its from or what was said, I need my mind to be put at ease.

So can anyone think of a way I could find out if my phone received a message or not between 2 specific times?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

It could have been a flash message, hence why its not on the phone.

Have you got it set to save the texts on the memory card?

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭meemeep

google - "recovering deleted texts from mobile phone" - will give you some ideas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 xTinkerbellx

the system only shows outgoing activity and it is impossible to view incoming results. Even if Meteor did view the incoming sms standard details they would never be able to retreive the message itself.

Advertisement