Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bipolar Empire

Options
  • 19-03-2011 6:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭

Saw this Dublin band live in Sunderland for the second year running on St Pats Day and they are a quality act.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

This is a cracking tune

They're from Tallaght too :) Hopefully they kick on and are successful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

That's a great one, tempomaniac is good also, they're taking a bit too long to crack it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Kingdom Bhoy

Dave! wrote: »
    This is a cracking tune

They're from Tallaght too :) Hopefully they kick on and are successful

This is quality live.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Moved to Rock & Metal.

I'm not a fan of the guitar solo in the song above... The lead guitarist is actually really really good, but I just don't like that solo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I'd never heard of them before today. I'll definitely be checking out their stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

They're all sound lads, really glad to see them doing well.

My girlfriend use to get lessons from their new guitarist, she's now asking me to teach her, I'll let that one speak for it's self. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Tzar Gringo

out of interest why did these guys get a late-late slot, and so soon when there's a plethora of great bands have been plugging away for years in the field of metal? and with more ability tbh.

they can pick n choose what they want to brush under the carpet i guess but good luck to these kids, if they need it - sure they hardly need the exposure here when they're already getting a leg-up. indie forum's around here somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Fi H

Bipolar Empire have been plugging away for years too! I know they have been handing out demos and playing gigs for the last number of years at Captain Americas in Tallaght (which is across the road from where I work) so i am assuming they ahve been playing other places too at the same time!

Didnt see them on the late late and only clicked in here randomly but I dont think it would be fair to say they havent been around or working hard to get on a show like that!

When were they on the LLS?

• Advertisement

Bipolar Empire are playing a pub in Sunderland at 3.30pm today before the Kings of the Leon gig at the SOL. Bring it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

Massive snooze of a band imho

Quality set including a class version of the Thins Dancing in the Moonlight. :cool:

I didn't realise their album was produced by Pat McCarthy who worked with U2 the Waterboys and REM.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

I didn't realise their album was produced by Pat McCarthy who worked with U2 the Waterboys and REM.

Money talks...but it don't sing and dance

Advertisement