Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man UTD V Bolton - 3pm

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

GET IN!!!

Delighted.

Great work with the reverse jinx Archie. I think I deserve some credit for some Trojan jinxing in the Arse matchthread as well.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

We shall not be moved!!!
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Quandary wrote: »
    after he finishes his self flagellation, Jonny Evans needs to get down on his knees and give thanks to the Berba-God.

There's something very ghey about the imagery in that post. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

Berba, impact sub? :D

GET IN!

Another game that's taken days off my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Trilla wrote: »
    Was only me I think and I admitted I overreacted.
    Just annoyed at Evans.

Please blow the whistle at the Hawthorns!

In fairness to evans it was a desperation lunge. He had his eyes on the ball and made contact with it but it was reckless. Hope holden isn't badly hurt and recovers soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

flahavaj wrote: »
    GET IN!!!

Delighted.

Great work with the reverse jinx Archie. I think I deserve some credit for some Trojan jinxing in the Arse matchthread as well.:pac:

You must certainly do, it was a one man show in there today! Top, top performance. We've hit top jinxing form when it matters most. The sign of champions indeed. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Sure Berbatov never shows up in the big games, never scores when it matters, just gets tap-ins against the sh*t teams, etc. :D

Nice time for a two week break. It'll give Arsenal something to wreck their heads about for the next fortnight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

GET IN!!!

Delighted.

Tom_Brady wrote: »
    You must certainly do, it was a one man show in there today! Top, top performance. We've hit top jinxing form when it matters most. The sign of champions indeed. :)

I'm going to have to figure out a way of writing jinxing into the charter as a bannable offence with you two in such a rich vein of form...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Didn't see any of the game, was at a fooling christening party all day. Knew it was nil all on the way home, got in to the car and United were 1-0 up.

Absolutely delighted. Huge huge win Made my day tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Wasn't mad about bringing on Berbatov at HT, thought Chicharito was making some decent runs and we were playing well enough, figured it was a matter of time til we score.

Pretty happy about it now though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT :D

Great stuff from Smalling, Nani, Valencia and Rooney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,617 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I'd like to see him trying playing Berba and Chicharito up front with Rooney playing from midfield, maybe have him just behind the front two with Fletcher in front of the back four.

That or see what the Berba-Chicharito partnership is like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

GET IN!!!

Delighted.

It's a risky game lads, but ye play it well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Well deserved win. As i said Bolton would not make the extra man count and ye came up with the goods yet again. Arsenal dropping points is also a big plus....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

10 Men

Backs against the wall

Playing ****

Last minute winner

THE SIGN OF CHAMPIONS:D:D:D

A tired cliche, but one with a hell of a lot of truth to it.

As a Liverpool supporter I will be holding out for something to stop United winning number 19 this season, but it is wishful thinking more than it is a genuine hope methinks.

The summer will no doubt see the usual talk of how United are past it, have too shallow a squad etc., and all the usual writing off of United that seems to happen each season.

I'm just hoping for a summer of United being tipped to win everything, in the hope it puts a jinx on them. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

How is this a red card? Easy game, never in doubt ;)

2rvxv7l.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

I really hope Holden is ok though, only a year since De Jong broke his leg, he's cursed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I'd like to see him trying playing Berba and Chicharito up front with Rooney playing from midfield, maybe have him just behind the front two with Fletcher in front of the back four.

That or see what the Berba-Chicharito partnership is like.

people are telling me I'm crazy, but there is constant talk about how united are swetting for a creative midfielder, and I think there is one sitting there in Wayne Rooney.

I think that with some time he could be a sensation.

Was only thinking out loud with the Marseille game, that he was drifting into the centre of the park firing beautiful passes around, and was wondering if he was told to do it, or was he liking it.

I'd like to see it happen, Berba chico up front with Rooney playing as an attacking midfielder. Has the fire, determination and stamina to do it box to box. Hits some unreal passes aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Can anyone clear up the rule/law for me...

Evans two feet are in the air, but one goes into the tackle a bit high.

Is that an automatic red because the two feet leave the ground? Or did he send him off because he caught him late and a little high?

• Advertisement

Is that an automatic red because the two feet leave the ground? Or did he send him off because he caught him late and a little high?

Think its a factor of all three TBH, but moreso because his two feet left the ground...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Think its a factor of all three TBH, but moreso because his two feet left the ground...

So did holden's:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

RasTa wrote: »

2rvxv7l.jpg
    Well, in fairness, he went into the tackle all wrong, he did leave the ground and the studs were out a bit, in essence it was a 50-50 tackle, if he would have went in knees and toes there wouldn't have even been a free. But having said that, it wasn't a red, a yellow if anything at all.

Nailz wrote: »
    Well, in fairness, he went into the tackle all wrong, he did leave the ground and the studs were out a bit, in essence it was a 50-50 tackle, if he would have went in knees and toes there wouldn't have even been a free. But having said that, it wasn't a red, a yellow if anything at all.

Aye if you reverse the camera to Holden's back then it will look the exact same.

Evans went over the ball high off his two feet and was late...thats why i said a factor of those 3 things, had he slid in it wouldn't have been a red IMO then again i'm not a ref so dont quote me on that ;)

2rvxv7l.jpg

50/50 challenge. Both went in with 2 feet off the ground. Evans went in with more conviction.

And that's why he was sent off?

Conviction is now a bookable offence it appears.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

True but Evans beat him to the tackle itself, so that overshadowed the fact that Holden was attempting the exact same tackle.

I'm sure if Holden had been first into the tackle then Evans would be the one injured and Holden would have been sent off.

Nailz wrote: »

Definate red

Lads....in fairness, its a straight red card.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

lol want to post it a third time? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

A win tomorrow and we go ahead of Bolton. Cheers lads!

lol want to post it a third time? ;)

:pac:
    I lol'd
    At least you know where i stand on the subject!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,953 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

AwwYeah.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Lads, it is a red card. Holden does do the same thing but nobody is going to notice because he didn't win the ball and came out of it the worst. I'm not saying it's right but that's just the way it is.

If you leave the ground like that and go in with two feet, it's a red card these days. And rightly so because it has huge potential to cause serious injury, as Stuart Holden may find out, unfortunately.

:pac:
    I lol'd
    At least you know where i stand on the subject!

Where would we be if we didn't... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Paully D wrote: »
    A win tomorrow and we go ahead of Bolton. Cheers lads!

Just paying ye back for that 0-0 vs Arsenal a few weeks back. Pleasure doing business with ye! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

Evans went over the ball high off his two feet and was late...thats why i said a factor of those 3 things, had he slid in it wouldn't have been a red IMO then again i'm not a ref so dont quote me on that ;)

The two-footed part of two-footed tackles doesn't refer to how many feet are not touching the ground.;)

The other two points seem to be ignoring the fact that he won the ball.

Just paying ye back for that 0-0 vs Arsenal a few weeks back. Pleasure doing business with ye! :)

Now for our next piece of business.... Henderson. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

2rvxv7l.jpg

Seems to me that if the law of the game is followed to the letter, then both players should have gotten a red card.

I wonder how would the ref have dealt with it if the players had done the same but had no serious injury between them.

Reminds me of when Kyrgiakos and Fellaini both went in hard with studs showing. Both players should have gotten cards going by the rules, but the injured player escaped a card despite his tackle carrying the same threat of injury.

Heard a few people on the radio cackling about whether Ferguson would be as vocal about this challenge as he was about the Carragher one, but despite how bad the injury was today I don't think the tackles can be compared.

Today's tackle was one where either player could have gotten that injury, and both players went in fairly and with no malice from what I can see from the replays, the Carragher tackle is one that I cannot defend.

• Advertisement

TheTownie wrote: »
    Where would we be if we didn't... :rolleyes:

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The two-footed part of two-footed tackles doesn't refer to how many feet are not touching the ground.;)

The other two points seem to be ignoring the fact that he won the ball.

I said dont quote me on it! :p

cuban2.gif

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Do I detect a hint of sarcasm? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Now for our next piece of business.... Henderson. :D

.....in exchange for Welbeck!

Deal ;)

Paully D wrote: »
    .....in exchange for Welbeck!

Deal ;)

No Dice ! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,528 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

No Dice ! :P

This ain't over

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Same as Gerrard's in the cup it was because it was sent off for two footed tackle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

It looks like both could have been sent off but because it was the Bolton player who came out with the injury then Evans was the one sent off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,469 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Mike Phelan said the ref called it right on the red card.

• Advertisement
Advertisement