Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cleaning Marble

• 19-03-2011 11:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭

Ok.....new bathroom finished on wednesday past.
    Didn't seal the marble (said i would get the stuff on friday and do it then).
    Missus gives it a quick clean with warm water and a clean cloth to remove the dust etc.
    She puts a blue toilet block in the cistern and gives it a quick flush......something isn't connected right in the toilet and a small amount of water leaks at the front and side of the bowl which marks the floor (blue stain).
    Will anything get this off or am i stuck with this in the tile forever....disappointed after spending a lot of money on getting this done.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Not sure about removing the stain, but worst case scenario, do you have a spare tile that you could remove and replace the stained one with?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Not really worth the hassle....it's on 4 tiles that the toilet is sitting on and is not really badly marked.....enough to annoy me but the missus reckons it's not that bad.
    Is there a marble cleaner you can buy or is it tough shít and live with it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

You can buy tile acid. Not to sure that it will remove the blue though. It removes everything else.

Is your toilet a spanky new top flush?

If so you have another problem coming down the road. Those blue loo things solidify in the bottom and overtime turn into a paste. Then they block up the open and closing mechanish on the toilet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

You can buy tile acid. Not to sure that it will remove the blue though. It removes everything else.

If so you have another problem coming down the road. Those blue loo things solidify in the bottom and overtime turn into a paste. Then they block up the open and closing mechanish on the toilet.

Thanks joey^^

It was the 1st thing she put in so it'll also be the last.
    Might give the tile acid a try....it really only went into the grout lines a bit but still p1ssed me off looking at it.

With due respect I am sure you will get the standard reply "If they were bad for the toilet they would not be making them" These are really only suitable for the old lever flush with the big siophans.

TBH If the grout is grey i would scrape it with a stanley blade and replace it. Just scrape it deep enough to take. You will need at least 3mm. If its white you can use a grout pen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 PMacLtd

Would n't recommend using acid on it if it is marble floor , this will only etch the surface and take shine off it , any chance you can post pic so we can see what your talking about ?

BTW declare my intrest work for www.marblefloorpolishing.ie

PMacLtd wrote: »
    Would n't recommend using acid on it if it is marble floor , this will only etch the surface and take shine off it , any chance you can post pic so we can see what your talking about ?

Forgive me if I missed something I am always looking to learn but if he has not sealed it that means the marble is not polished which means its in its pouras state which means it will not have a shine. Am i wrong? Again with due respect just want to learn more.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 67 ✭✭jj build

Theirs too main types of finish marble that come from a stone yard, polished and honed , both are gridded down trough different stages with a wet polisher. polished marble is taken down to a lot finer finish and buffed with polish which if you put acid on it will make it honed. Both types can still stain.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Forgive me if I missed something I am always looking to learn but if he has not sealed it that means the marble is not polished which means its in its pouras state which means it will not have a shine. Am i wrong? Again with due respect just want to learn more.

I use this to clean and maintain my polished and sealed marble floors too.Works a treat too.:)

Advertisement