Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

use Eircom netopia with talktalk settings help

Options
  • 19-03-2011 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭

Hi

I just spent ages typing out a really descriptive post on this stupid french keyboard and then it randomly deleted itself so heres the skinny

I have an old eircom netopia 2247 router. does anyone know how to get these to connect to talktalk PPoE?

dns settings on router home screen indicate vodafone connection somehow while logs seem to indicate that my attempts to use the talktalk dns ip result in the remote refusing authentication attempt.

Any help very much appreciated. thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭wolf99

To answer my own question in case anyone else googles this:

I got the DNS server IP s from talktalk/digiweb. the first few times I tried with them they didnt work, wouldnt connect etc.

I left it alone for a while then Ive kept trying since and it seems to be just a matter of perseverance as it just started working with no other changes (apart from the username and password to the talktalk ones bu Id done that before)

So jus keep trying :)

Advertisement