Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Modem Security Question.

Options
  • 19-03-2011 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I just got a laptop to use in tandem with the desktop pc, so I bought a new vodafone wireless modem. I connected the desktop up to it and it works perfect but the laptop wont be here until later. My question is, do I have to change some settings to ensure the privacy of my desktop? the brief manual only mentions how to connect your laptop to the network and there are passwords involved so that sounds fine , but I just want to be sure the desktop pc cannot be accessed..

many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

I presume your talking about a Vodafone MiFi device? Small device that broadcasts a wifi signal that you connect to from the laptop? i.e. No cables?

And what you want to know is if you connect the laptop wirelessly and the desktop wirelessly at the same time, can the laptop and desktop interact?

Is that correct?

Advertisement