Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford ban

Options
  • 19-03-2011 12:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭

Im permanently banned from the Waterford City forum for sending a threating pm to Sully,that was 5 weeks ago.

So last week i sent Dub13 a message here's what i sent -
    Hey i was just wondering what are the chances of me been allowed in the Waterford City Forum again?

I was banned 4 weeks ago by Sully,and im sorry for the reason he banned me but i feel the permanent ban was a bit much.As i said it was 4 weeks ago and i have changed since then,i was stupid i know but if given another chance it wont be repeated.

Cheers

Richie.
    And his reply was -
    Hi Richie,

Your first port of call here should be Sully,drop him a PM and see what he has to say.

Paul
    So last Friday i sent Sully this message -
    What are the chances of me being allowed back in the fourm?
    Now i never got a reply off Sully,so i sent Dub13 this message on Tuesday -
    I sent Sully a message on Friday just asking what would be my chances of being allowed back in the forum,and he never replied so i may as well take it that he is not moving on the matter?

Cheers

I havent heard anything back from either mods,so could someone look into this for me please.

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Hi,

As I don't have access to the detail's of the abusive PM its not something I can judge.We do take a hard line on abusive PMs been sent to mods who are volunteering there free time to help boards.So it does depend on 1)the content of the PM & 2)How Sully feels about it.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

It's probably worth noting here that threatening or abusive PMs are generally reported to the admins. The normal action taken in such cases is a temporary siteban, the length being dependent on the severity of the abuse. This PM was reported and reviewed by an admin, who stated on the reported PM thread that they intended to issue a siteban for this, although due to a oversight this was not done. For Dub13's benefit the PM in question is below:
    Well i cant see any of them links you posted.

I'll say something sully,you really love this job you have as as a volunteer.

I'm going to give you a bit of advice,and i hope you take it on board.

Here it is,boards is only the internet you might think you have some sort of "power" or something,but you dont,outside in the real world people do have power,but in your internet world you think its okay to flex your little power.But you dont know who is on the other end of a keyboard,or what they are capable of.

Just take it from me, mind yourself,its not hard to find out who a person is or where they live ,and people do hold grudges weather they be on the internet or not.

But i do respect your views as a mod.But dont you ever tell me to "take it on the chin".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

Zaph wrote: »
    It's probably worth noting here that threatening or abusive PMs are generally reported to the admins. The normal action taken in such cases is a temporary siteban, the length being dependent on the severity of the abuse. This PM was reported and reviewed by an admin, who stated on the reported PM thread that they intended to issue a siteban for this, although due to a oversight this was not done. For Dub13's benefit the PM in question is below:

I was given a week site ban by Tom Dunne.

I was given a week site ban by Tom Dunne.

Apologies, my mistake.

Thanks for clearing that up Zaph,I did think there was a discrepancy in that a forum ban was issued and not a site ban.Richie thats a despicable PM and no wounder Sully is not replying to you.

• Advertisement

Dub13 wrote: »
    Thanks for clearing that up Zaph,I did think there was a discrepancy in that a forum ban was issued and not a site ban.Richie thats a despicable PM and no wounder Sully is not replying to you.

Yes i know it is,and believe me im sorry and very embarrassed by it,but i cant undo it now,it was a moment of stupidity.

So you are appealing the permanency of the Waterford ban,to be honest I am not going to step on the local mods toes here I will leave it up to them so will consult them and then get back to you.

After that if you are still not happy you can have a Admin review it.

So you are appealing the permanency of the Waterford ban,to be honest I am not going to step on the local mods toes here I will leave it up to them so will consult them and then get back to you.

After that if you are still not happy you can have a Admin review it.

Ok thanks Dub13

Hi Richie,

I have consulted the forum mods and we are all in agreement the Waterford ban stands.Feel free to request a Admin review of this if you want.

**Note for any Admin reading this,all the correspondence's on this can be seen in the Southern mods forum.**

Hi Richie,

I have consulted the forum mods and we are all in agreement the Waterford ban stands.Feel free to request a Admin review of this if you want.

**Note for any Admin reading this,all the correspondence's on this can be seen in the Southern mods forum.**

No problem,so can i ask Zaph to review this seen as they are already involved in the thread?

• Advertisement

Richie has been temporarily sitebanned for re-registering and posting in the Waterford forum while banned from there. However he will be able post again in a week, so with that in mind I've reviewed this issue. Threatening a mod in such a manner is appalling behaviour and nobody should be expected to tolerate something like that. All mods are volunteers and tbh even if they were paid to moderate they shouldn't have to accept abuse like that. It's entirely understandable that the forum mods would not want to have a poster there who has threatened one of them in such a way. Given the gravity of the offence I can see absolutely no reason for lifting the Waterford City forum ban.

Advertisement